LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Grom Vline 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-19, 08:17 AM
FDD
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi,

I also have a question regarding this system.

I have a LS460 in president trim, with the rear entertainment screen. When I use the factory navigation, it will also be shown for the back passengers. Does anyone who uses Grom Vline 2 also have a rear entertainment system and is it working on that screen also?

This way you have the same view on both screens, I don't like it when I have the modern version and the rearseat passengers don't have it.
Old 02-01-19, 04:29 PM
rneteorite
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just installed the vl2 today. It worked then it stopped stopped working and now my back camera doesn’t work. It’s driving me nuts. The disc button doesn’t even work either!
Old 02-01-19, 04:53 PM
KYLS
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rneteorite
I just installed the vl2 today. It worked then it stopped stopped working and now my back camera doesn’t work. It’s driving me nuts. The disc button doesn’t even work either!
By "stopped working" I assume you mean doesn't boot up to launcher? If unplugging from power does not revive it, then a re-flash from USB is likely the next step. Opening a ticket with GROM is likely the best path. A recent post from them, states the latest OTA update has an issue with CarPlay so if you care about that, you may want to stay back one version from latest. Unsure if that effects LEX5/6 model, since it was someone with an IS that had the problem:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...postcount=1577
Old 02-02-19, 10:44 AM
rneteorite
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KYLS
By "stopped working" I assume you mean doesn't boot up to launcher? If unplugging from power does not revive it, then a re-flash from USB is likely the next step. Opening a ticket with GROM is likely the best path. A recent post from them, states the latest OTA update has an issue with CarPlay so if you care about that, you may want to stay back one version from latest. Unsure if that effects LEX5/6 model, since it was someone with an IS that had the problem:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...postcount=1577
Yeah, so this morning it decided to turn on, but then while I was on the freeway it decided to turn on and off again. I will try to reflash it if it stays on the next time I start up the car(praying for that). Also emailed them, so lets hear what they have to say as well.

Also, when it doesn't work. The bottom part doesn't work either(volume ****, disc/aux button, etc.) .

Last edited by rneteorite; 02-02-19 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-04-19, 01:08 PM
Tlutrick
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I had a similar situation and realized two things...1) I was behind on some firmware & system updates, and 2) My harness was not securely plugged in. Works like a charm now.

BTW, I saw where there was an Android 8.1 update coming. May not have been released yet, but if yes, would appreciate any news on this from any VL2 users?
Old 02-04-19, 02:17 PM
Red97tj
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone know if all LS460 VL2 will be updated to 8.1? I believe mine is currently at 5 something release so that would be a huge leap.
Old 02-04-19, 02:50 PM
Tlutrick
Pit Crew

Don't know the answer to whether everyone will get updated, but I received an email that it was coming out in February. My knee jerk would be that the VL2 hasn't been out that long, so hope everyone gets the upgrade.
Old 02-13-19, 02:59 PM
khnu
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is the 8.1 version for you guys? Any issues? Are you able to use youtube?
Old 02-16-19, 08:10 AM
Tlutrick
Pit Crew

I checked yesterday and GROM has not pushed 8.1 out to my device yet. I did receive an email that it was coming, but nothing.

I also went in to get my pictures done for my replacement dash parts and dealer told me that I had to remove the GROM unit and all wiring harnesses or they would not do the work. Isn't that fun?
Old 02-16-19, 02:29 PM
khnu
Driver School Candidate

Are you able to change the interface of the system? Or does it have to be the big icons with the sidebar? Seems a bit bulgy.
Old 02-16-19, 02:37 PM
Tlutrick
Pit Crew

Not sure I understand the question, but i have 6 icons on the screen at one time. You want the bigger icons, especially when driving. I wish they would provide a good voice recognition interface
Old 02-16-19, 02:50 PM
khnu
Driver School Candidate

I mean like change the interface. In my opinion the icons are way too big. I was thinking something along the lines of this: the home screen and the interface.

The following users liked this post:
ballaz (11-25-20)
Old 02-16-19, 03:07 PM
Tlutrick
Pit Crew

pretty cool, but yes, they are bigger than that
Old 03-04-19, 11:02 AM
Tlutrick
Pit Crew

Just got my email from GROM Audio for the 8.1 upgrade. This is not an OTA upgrade and you have to pay $20 ($14.98 + shipping) for a MicroSD card to be shipped to you, in order to keep from bricking the unit. I'll let everyone know how it goes upon completion.
Old 03-04-19, 06:25 PM
Red97tj
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought it was kinda bs that we have to pay for this ****e! I'm gonna to try picking it up from them since it's only a few miles from my work place.

Quick Reply: Grom Vline 2