LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Alabaster interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-18, 11:36 PM
Gillz460L
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Alabaster interior

So it seems like from my research and looking at used ls460s with alabastar interior is that yes...its a gorgeous color with dark wood trim. BUT....seems like this interior color is prone to most wear compared to tan, gray , or black leather. Noticed seats get disclored super fast specially with the jeans leaving the seat blue..and the leather cracks....anyway...i cleaned and re-dyed my front seats and wanted to share with you all. Not the best job...just applied 3 to 4 coats and conditioned afterwards.

i should have filled in the cracks...but just went ahead and dyed the seat.

anyways ladies and gents i closely read most of the posts made here daily. Iv been away quite a bit last year ...i appreciate all the forum members and contributors..i will definitely try to be more active on here. Maybe i can redeem myself so mckellyb can help me with loading my fakestream on laptop 😁

Pass seat before

Driver seat before...absolutely horrible

Passenger seat after

Driver seat after...not perfect..but acceptable.
Old 05-20-18, 03:55 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Received 215 Likes on 162 Posts

They certainly look a lot better now. How many miles on the car? That driver's seat looked pretty beat up.
Old 05-20-18, 08:27 AM
Gillz460L
Rookie

109k on the clock. I wish i was the original owner...so i could have properly cared for the leather since new. When i bought it at 88k some one had previously done a botch job on the drivers seat trying to cover up the imperfections. Seems like this will last a while. But i agree with you ..looks alot better.
Old 05-20-18, 08:56 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

What product did you use? How long are those dyes supposed to last, do they rub off on jeans, etc. It looks good, you would think by now they would be able to put leather in seats that does not crack and wear so bad so soon.
Old 05-20-18, 09:18 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Worn leather seats are common and easily be prevented with a little effort. Some owners are not concern enough to keep the leather in good condition.
Old 05-20-18, 10:05 AM
Gillz460L
Rookie

Originally Posted by UDel
What product did you use? How long are those dyes supposed to last, do they rub off on jeans, etc. It looks good, you would think by now they would be able to put leather in seats that does not crack and wear so bad so soon.
udel i used leather dye that I ordered from Ebay. The seller is luxuryleather. Has 100% feedback and sells dye for most luxury car brands. I think a big factor is the color of the leather...but honestly i dnt mind because this was the interior color that i had to have.
Old 05-20-18, 10:14 AM
Gillz460L
Rookie

Originally Posted by dlbuckls10
Worn leather seats are common and easily be prevented with a little effort. Some owners are not concern enough to keep the leather in good condition.
dlbuckls10 your right ! If the leather is properly cared for from the beginning it lasts a lot longer. Drivers seat is the culprit. The rest of interior is near mint. Frequent cleanings and conditioning saves the interior.
Old 04-08-19, 09:23 PM
LexusNAZ
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gillz460L
So it seems like from my research and looking at used ls460s with alabastar interior is that yes...its a gorgeous color with dark wood trim. BUT....seems like this interior color is prone to most wear compared to tan, gray , or black leather. Noticed seats get disclored super fast specially with the jeans leaving the seat blue..and the leather cracks....anyway...i cleaned and re-dyed my front seats and wanted to share with you all. Not the best job...just applied 3 to 4 coats and conditioned afterwards.

i should have filled in the cracks...but just went ahead and dyed the seat.

anyways ladies and gents i closely read most of the posts made here daily. Iv been away quite a bit last year ...i appreciate all the forum members and contributors..i will definitely try to be more active on here. Maybe i can redeem myself so mckellyb can help me with loading my fakestream on laptop 😁
I just wanted to follow up on this post and see how your seats are holding up with the leather product you used. What did you prep the seats with prior to the dye? Did the dye come in an areosol can or did you have to two stage it? Looks amazing I am looking at an LS460 with the grey interior but the leather needs some TLC.
Old 04-09-19, 05:40 AM
RussLS460
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Gillz460L
udel i used leather dye that I ordered from Ebay. The seller is luxuryleather. Has 100% feedback and sells dye for most luxury car brands. I think a big factor is the color of the leather...but honestly i dnt mind because this was the interior color that i had to have.
Could you please provide a link on Ebay? I could not find it.
Old 04-10-19, 05:41 AM
reckedhim
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RussLS460
Could you please provide a link on Ebay? I could not find it.
I used this product and it turned out great. https://www.leatherrenew.com/product...ithout-sprayer

I did my front seats, the center armrest, and the back seats. It looks much, much better and you can't even tell it was dyed. That kit comes with everything you need to dye your seats. One thing I learned is that a little paint on the foam brush goes a long way and it's best to do multiple thin coats.
Old 04-11-19, 07:51 PM
Robb92914
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by reckedhim
I used this product and it turned out great. https://www.leatherrenew.com/product...ithout-sprayer

I did my front seats, the center armrest, and the back seats. It looks much, much better and you can't even tell it was dyed. That kit comes with everything you need to dye your seats. One thing I learned is that a little paint on the foam brush goes a long way and it's best to do multiple thin coats.
Can you post a couple pics?
Old 04-12-19, 05:32 AM
reckedhim
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb92914
Can you post a couple pics?
Unfortunately, I don't have any before pics of the back seat(s). But the first pic is an after pic. The second and third pics are before and after pics of my passenger seat. It wasn't too bad, but now it looks better. You can see where it was painted because I used too heavy of a coat, I think. I've since went back and fixed it so it's not really that noticeable anymore. The final pic is the driver seat before. I don't have an after pic right now but can post one later. I can also post pics of the center armrest. Overall, for $35 and a small amount of time, it looks MUCH better than it did before.