LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Tire Rotation for 2007 LS 460 L and tyre pressure monitoring system

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-18, 12:20 PM
jaishanker
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Rotation for 2007 LS 460 L and tyre pressure monitoring system

Hi everyone ,
Well am currently rolling in 245/45 bridgestone tyres 19 inch wheels in Dubai. Now i would like to do Tire Rotation.
2 front tires to back & 2 rear tires to front.
IN this scenario, should i do something on the tire pressure monitoring system or does it adjust automatically?

am actually planning to take full set including the alloy wheel to put it at the rear and the rear set will come to Front.

Should i do any special process for setting tyre pressure monitoring system? Or does the car adjust it automatically. CURRENTLY all my sensors are working perfectly Fine.

and also what if am putting all new 4.tyres from a tyre shop? How can inset the tyre pressure mo itoring systemin this scenario? Or does it automatically adjust..once i put the new tyres in the alloy? Need your suggestions.Thank you
Old 07-29-18, 01:14 PM
RussLS460
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

The tire pressure monitors are located directly below the valve stem where you add air to the tire. They are affixed to the wheel. So, when you rotate your current wheels, the reader will pick up the current reading and you don’t need to do anything. If you switch wheels, you’ll need to put new sensors on as wheels don’t come with the sensors.
Old 07-29-18, 08:20 PM
jaishanker
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RussLS460
The tire pressure monitors are located directly below the valve stem where you add air to the tire. They are affixed to the wheel. So, when you rotate your current wheels, the reader will pick up the current reading and you don’t need to do anything. If you switch wheels, you’ll need to put new sensors on as wheels don’t come with the sensors.
Thank you for your feedback...can you ellaborate what is actually means switching wheel? Do you mean changing the tires? Or full tyre plus alloy? Thanks
Old 07-29-18, 10:51 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 213 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by jaishanker
Thank you for your feedback...can you ellaborate what is actually means switching wheel? Do you mean changing the tires? Or full tyre plus alloy? Thanks
wheels = rims = alloy it does not apply to Dubai but where you have winter people sometimes have one sets of rims/tires for summer and another for winter in that case they would have to have a whole set of TPMS fixed on the 2nd set... and this requires reprogramming to the car each time they are swapped out.

you wont have this issue when you want to change rims for whatever reason u would take the TPMS off the old set and put them on the new set.
Old 07-30-18, 05:47 AM
jaishanker
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jdanielca
wheels = rims = alloy it does not apply to Dubai but where you have winter people sometimes have one sets of rims/tires for summer and another for winter in that case they would have to have a whole set of TPMS fixed on the 2nd set... and this requires reprogramming to the car each time they are swapped out.

you wont have this issue when you want to change rims for whatever reason u would take the TPMS off the old set and put them on the new set.

thank you so you mean the TPMS are fixed to the alloys? If i do the rotation of the wheel ( alloy + tyres) front goes to back...and back 2 sets come to front. in this case it will adjusted automatically right and i dont have to take special care in the sensors right...
Old 07-30-18, 03:18 PM
RussLS460
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

thank you so you mean the TPMS are fixed to the alloys? If i do the rotation of the wheel ( alloy + tyres) front goes to back...and back 2 sets come to front. in this case it will adjusted automatically right and i dont have to take special care in the sensors right...
That is correct.
Old 07-30-18, 11:33 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 213 Likes on 191 Posts

yup yup yup