LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2013 or 2014 ls with or without f

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-18 | 09:56 AM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Default 2013 or 2014 ls with or without f

Just looking for some advice. Have an lx570, an 02 gs and looking to add a 13 or 14 LS to the mix. Any difference between those two years worth mentioning? Is the power significantly different between awd and rwd? Anything else I should look for? Is the F sport package worth it or is it better to stick with standard? Any advice is appreciated
Old 08-22-18 | 03:55 PM
bigsherv
Intermediate

when buying used you don't really see the price of adding an fsport package onto an LS. That is what I have noticed.

I personally love:
  • the rims
  • the aluminum interior
  • the paddle shifters
  • sports+ mode
  • the front bumper
  • perforated leather
  • 'dem brakes, man they are great!
If I was in the market today I would look for one on purpose however I would not pay 3-4K more than a comparable equipped LS.

Big drawback is there is no L f sport, however most of my adult friends think the backseat of my Fsport is cavernous. That also means no executive package or rear entertainment system.
Old 08-22-18 | 04:14 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

That was going to be my second question if the back massage is available with the f-sport but I guess not. Dammit. Im used to my LX570 so I am sure the L will suit me great but I wanted something more fun than the LX but still roomy. I am almost 6'5" so IS or RCF is not an option (have 2 kids too) so that why I figured this would be more fun with same horses and almost 2000lb less weight
Originally Posted by bigsherv
when buying used you don't really see the price of adding an fsport package onto an LS. That is what I have noticed.

I personally love:
  • the rims
  • the aluminum interior
  • the paddle shifters
  • sports+ mode
  • the front bumper
  • perforated leather
  • 'dem brakes, man they are great!
If I was in the market today I would look for one on purpose however I would not pay 3-4K more than a comparable equipped LS.

Big drawback is there is no L f sport, however most of my adult friends think the backseat of my Fsport is cavernous. That also means no executive package or rear entertainment system.
Old 08-22-18 | 04:21 PM
Kuhan
Pole Position

I'd go with F sport for style and air suspension since you already have LX for family.
Old 08-22-18 | 06:25 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Originally Posted by pizdets17
Just looking for some advice. Have an lx570, an 02 gs and looking to add a 13 or 14 LS to the mix. Any difference between those two years worth mentioning? Is the power significantly different between awd and rwd? Anything else I should look for? Is the F sport package worth it or is it better to stick with standard? Any advice is appreciated
I think the RWD would be more fun. I see you live in Calgary, so the AWD might be a more practical choice if you want to drive it in the snow. What I read was the AWD equipment interfered with the exhaust headers, so they had to take an extra hit on horsepower above and beyond what the AWD system itself uses.

I like my F, but I don't know if I'd like it any less if it didn't have it. What I do like is the heated steering wheel and rear seats, and the air suspension. I guess the one thing the F with air suspension gives you is the two extra driving modes on the selector.
Old 08-23-18 | 10:43 AM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Can;'t you get air suspension without the F?
Originally Posted by DerrickM
I think the RWD would be more fun. I see you live in Calgary, so the AWD might be a more practical choice if you want to drive it in the snow. What I read was the AWD equipment interfered with the exhaust headers, so they had to take an extra hit on horsepower above and beyond what the AWD system itself uses.

I like my F, but I don't know if I'd like it any less if it didn't have it. What I do like is the heated steering wheel and rear seats, and the air suspension. I guess the one thing the F with air suspension gives you is the two extra driving modes on the selector.