LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Bittersweet

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-18, 08:39 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Bittersweet

So after 2 years of ownership the LS just started breaking down on me so I ended up trading it in for a 2015 Q70. I would have liked to go with another full size sedan but the newer LS's are out of my price range and I didn't want to go German. I've had experience with Infiniti so I decided to go that route for something newer with less mileage and some more modern features. I may come back in the future but I'll enjoy the Q70 for now. I always have lots of love for this community so I'll drop every so often and contribute.
The following users liked this post:
NotFasty (12-18-18)
Old 08-23-18, 09:35 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Congrats and I hope you are happy with your Q70. When my LS starts breaking down I will upgrade to something better.
Old 08-23-18, 10:11 PM
writes123
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

something better than an LS.....?!?!?!

all jokes aside, grats on the new car!
Old 08-24-18, 03:03 AM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Almost just bought one, got a GS instead. Love to hear your thoughts.
Old 08-24-18, 04:03 AM
Nospinzone

Received 426 Likes on 329 Posts

Yes, please continue to contribute. I also would be interested in your experience with the Q70.
Old 08-24-18, 08:39 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Chaos236

Almost just bought one, got a GS instead. Love to hear your thoughts.
I actually was debating between a GS and the Q. Honestly, it came down to price. I couldn't find the year and mileage in a similar GS so I went with the Q.
Old 08-24-18, 08:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Congrats! I like the Q70s a lot. Did you get the V8?

What sort of issues were you having with the LS?
Old 08-24-18, 11:42 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Congrats! I like the Q70s a lot. Did you get the V8?

What sort of issues were you having with the LS?
Unfortunately the V8 Q70's were also out of my price range. I considered the M56 but that would have defeated the purpose.

I honestly forgot how many things they said needed replacing but I had already purchased all front control arms (I'll be posting them up for sale soon) to replace after I got it back from Lexus and the last thing they tried to charge me for was to change the air fuel ratio sensor for $1k . So that was the last straw. I would have preferred to pay it off and keep it for a lot longer but I decided to get something newer. The only thing I'm kicking myself for is not removing the BC Racing coilovers so that they could go to a fellow member.
Old 08-24-18, 03:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Yeah the refresh on the Q70 is what really makes it appealing.

Nothing lasts forever, an 11-12 year old car is an old car to dump a bunch of money in to.
Old 08-24-18, 03:33 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 394 Likes on 267 Posts

Sad to see you go. Thanks for the tip on the place to do vinyl wrapping on armrests in Orlando. Keep me in mind for your control arms. Hope the Q70 treats you well - great looking car with nice interior. I really like the L version of those as well. Cheers,
Old 08-24-18, 09:12 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
Sad to see you go. Thanks for the tip on the place to do vinyl wrapping on armrests in Orlando. Keep me in mind for your control arms. Hope the Q70 treats you well - great looking car with nice interior. I really like the L version of those as well. Cheers,
Glad I could help. I just have to take photos of everything.
Old 09-24-18, 12:54 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

After now owning the Q for about a month I have to say I really enjoy the car. Maybe it's the fact that the LS was spending so much time at the shop towards the end of my ownership of it but I have to say I don't miss it. I wouldn't say I like one car over the other because they're 2 different types of cars and if I had to choose between the 2 I'd be happy with either one. I used to call the LS my old man car so I think the Q suits me better in regards to my age but I love the quietness, smoothness and refinement of the LS. I would have preferred to get the V8 model of the Q but I'm happy with the V6. Hopefully I can supercharge it in the future.
Old 09-24-18, 02:03 PM
Nospinzone

Received 426 Likes on 329 Posts

One of my all time favorite cars was my 1995 Infiniti Q45a ('a" for active suspension). I had the car up until 2011 when I finally had to part it out (it's amazing how many fans of this car are out there). I wanted to keep it but the problem was significant rust throughout the car. We have winter salt here, during the winter I would take a hose and spray the underside, but to no avail. A top notch mechanic I know said he sees Infinitis/Nissans with serious rust all the time. He showed me a rusted out frame that he replaced on a car.

I'm disappointed that they never really replaced the flagship Q45. I'm glad you're enjoying your Q70.
Old 09-24-18, 03:13 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 355 Likes on 245 Posts

Best of luck to you and congrats on your new purchase. Another guy who I think left is roadfrog, anyone know what happened to him? He used to be a regular on here, did he sell his LS?
roadfrog (11-07-18)
Old 09-24-18, 03:29 PM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
One of my all time favorite cars was my 1995 Infiniti Q45a ('a" for active suspension). I had the car up until 2011 when I finally had to part it out (it's amazing how many fans of this car are out there). I wanted to keep it but the problem was significant rust throughout the car. We have winter salt here, during the winter I would take a hose and spray the underside, but to no avail. A top notch mechanic I know said he sees Infinitis/Nissans with serious rust all the time. He showed me a rusted out frame that he replaced on a car.

I'm disappointed that they never really replaced the flagship Q45. I'm glad you're enjoying your Q70.
I've always loved the Q and have had two of them. My first was an 05, which I loved, but someone who was a Q fanatic offered me about $4k more than I paid, so I took the money and ran. Last year, I saw a 2002 Q45 pop up that I jumped on. It's a one owner with super low miles and I paid next to nothing for it. My sister-in-law has been driving it while she searches for a car, as it's a third car for me. They're great cars, although parts are starting to become a chore to find. I'm sure it's much worse for the previous generations.

The big selling point to me for a used Infiniti is if the car is still under the 7 year/70k mile powertrain warranty, you can extend the factory coverage for like 5 more years for a reasonable amount. You can even do this if you buy the car via a private party. The warranty is impressive and covers most components of the car. Infiniti forums recommend Infiniti of Scottsdale or Circle Infiniti in New Jersey for the most competitive pricing on the warranty. The OP should consider this warranty for his Q70 if you want peace of mind beyond the original factory warranty.
DarKnight (10-16-18)

Quick Reply: Bittersweet