LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

GS or LS as a daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-18, 08:27 AM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by wasjr
This may have been mentioned, but a consideration is type of daily driving. Predominate highway/interstate miles puts a check mark in the LS column.
amen on this one..

The comfort, quietness, and the smoothness of the LS on the freeway is amazing.. at least when the wind noise doesn't kick in...

We have both the LS and the GS...

LS gets better freeway mileage.. about 3-4mpg better.. (My GS is AWD, LS is RWD)
Old 09-27-18, 08:48 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

It's really about your personal preference. If you want a nice cruiser with good power and fuel efficiency then go with the LS. I say fuel efficient because it's a small V8 and the 8 speed helps it get good gas mileage while putting out a decent amount of hp. If you want something sportier and more lively then go with the GS. I just recently went from a 2007 LS to a 2015 Q70 with the V6 and I'm actually getting only about 20MPG vs about 23MPG on the LS.
Old 09-27-18, 10:40 AM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RussLS460
Test drive both and see them in person. The decision will then become obvious.
so true , that’s the plan for this weekend
Old 09-27-18, 10:50 AM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wasjr
This may have been mentioned, but a consideration is type of daily driving. Predominate highway/interstate miles puts a check mark in the LS column.
absolutely, I have had lots of vehicles but never a luxurious ride, so I’m at the stage of my life that weather I go 2 miles to 2000 miles I want to be comfortable. And with all the traffic as well as construction in NY if I have to be in congested traffic, I might as well be confortable
Old 09-27-18, 10:58 AM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DarKnight
It's really about your personal preference. If you want a nice cruiser with good power and fuel efficiency then go with the LS. I say fuel efficient because it's a small V8 and the 8 speed helps it get good gas mileage while putting out a decent amount of hp. If you want something sportier and more lively then go with the GS. I just recently went from a 2007 LS to a 2015 Q70 with the V6 and I'm actually getting only about 20MPG vs about 23MPG on the LS.
Wow, do you miss the LS? Lots of my co-workers and neighbors have the GS ,!i really want to be different and with all the stuff they make for cars you can make an LS sporty
Old 09-27-18, 11:45 AM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

If you have a choice I would go LS. It is very comfortable and quite quick.
Old 09-27-18, 01:25 PM
instant
Driver School Candidate

I owned GS for about 120.000km, than LS hL for about 60.000km, LS for just a while and now have LS h with 140.000km on the clock.

For urban driving probably GS. Otherwise LS all the way, no comparison here. Not like GS is not a good car, it is. But LS is so much better.
Old 09-27-18, 01:31 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Yafeelme

Wow, do you miss the LS? Lots of my co-workers and neighbors have the GS ,!i really want to be different and with all the stuff they make for cars you can make an LS sporty
Honestly, I don't miss the LS but I do miss having a V8. I tried to make the LS sportier by adding coilovers but the recommended springs were too stiff. I could see myself going back to an LS though in 2-3 years.
Old 09-27-18, 03:01 PM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DarKnight
Honestly, I don't miss the LS but I do miss having a V8. I tried to make the LS sportier by adding coilovers but the recommended springs were too stiff. I could see myself going back to an LS though in 2-3 years.
I don’t even have a LS and miss it ......lol I’m working on getting a newer version and I didn’t get my first one yet ........ can’t wait to get my first so I can look forward to getting the updated one... I better get to work.....
Old 09-27-18, 04:04 PM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by instant
I owned GS for about 120.000km, than LS hL for about 60.000km, LS for just a while and now have LS h with 140.000km on the clock.

For urban driving probably GS. Otherwise LS all the way, no comparison here. Not like GS is not a good car, it is. But LS is so much better.
Nice, that’s what I’m talking about, I might have to change the title to LS my new daily driver
Old 09-27-18, 06:29 PM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
amen on this one..

The comfort, quietness, and the smoothness of the LS on the freeway is amazing.. at least when the wind noise doesn't kick in...

We have both the LS and the GS...

LS gets better freeway mileage.. about 3-4mpg better.. (My GS is AWD, LS is RWD)
Wow !!! Talk about having the best of both worlds a GS and a LS
Old 09-28-18, 08:30 AM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

What ever you decide you may need to have immediate funds for maintenance to get it up to date. These cars are 10 years old and you stated it will be your daily driver. Expect to spend $1000-$2000. I able to find parts online and do most of the labor myself so I've saved thousands. The only maintenance I am doing now is oil changes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up that is the exact plan I want to be on , love the look one gets when they have an old version of classic ride in mint condition.you don’t look like everybody else with the newer one , so you really stand out ( that strokes th ego!!!!)
Old 09-28-18, 05:00 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 148 Posts

Let us know what you think on both... No question the GS is more sporty and the LS is more luxury, it all depends on what your looking for. I have had 3 LS models and I loved all of them. Talking to someone who when growing up owned fords and a few Chevys (never mind a few others), The LS series has been the most dependable cars I have ever owned...
Old 09-28-18, 05:56 PM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

LS F Sport owner checking in. I never expected this tugboat to be as fun to drive as it is in sports +. Love the paddle shifters, the throttle response, the suspension and the 380+ ponies make it very un-sloth like.
Old 09-28-18, 07:33 PM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigsherv
If you have a choice I would go LS. It is very comfortable and quite quick.
That's the goal right now and finding one in very good shape in a reasonable price range will probably be the hardest thing to do

Quick Reply: GS or LS as a daily driver