LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

GS or LS as a daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-18, 07:38 PM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidinCT
Let us know what you think on both... No question the GS is more sporty and the LS is more luxury, it all depends on what your looking for. I have had 3 LS models and I loved all of them. Talking to someone who when growing up owned fords and a few Chevys (never mind a few others), The LS series has been the most dependable cars I have ever owned...
Will do, but I think I'm gonna just skip the test drive on a GS and go right for the gusto and locate a nice LS, I also grew up on fords, chevys so I know exactly what you mean, so now I need to step up my game and become a LS owner
Old 09-28-18, 07:40 PM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigsherv
LS F Sport owner checking in. I never expected this tugboat to be as fun to drive as it is in sports +. Love the paddle shifters, the throttle response, the suspension and the 380+ ponies make it very un-sloth like.
for sure, So please post a pic so I can drool and dream
Old 09-28-18, 07:47 PM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is a L and a LWB?
Old 09-29-18, 01:49 AM
DriverSS
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Yafeelme
Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is a L and a LWB?
L or LWB is short for Long or Limo depending on who you speak with... LWB is Long Wheel Base.

The L's are roughly 6" longer wheel base with additional legroom in the back seat.
Old 09-29-18, 02:27 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

4.8" added to the space behind the rear seats yet in front of the rear seat's lower cushion. It's all bonus legroom for passengers. Besides the "L" on the decklid, the only way to tell is longer rear doors, and that takes a slightly trained eye if they're not side-by-side. It's not as easy to see the difference as it is on say, Mercedes S-class tanks from the 80s.

The ride is likely a slight bit better, too, because of the longer wheelbase.
Old 09-29-18, 03:39 PM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DriverSS
L or LWB is short for Long or Limo depending on who you speak with... LWB is Long Wheel Base.

The L's are roughly 6" longer wheel base with additional legroom in the back seat.
Man , I'm learning more everyday , and you guys are sharp when it comes to Lexus
Old 09-29-18, 03:43 PM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mckellyb
4.8" added to the space behind the rear seats yet in front of the rear seat's lower cushion. It's all bonus legroom for passengers. Besides the "L" on the decklid, the only way to tell is longer rear doors, and that takes a slightly trained eye if they're not side-by-side. It's not as easy to see the difference as it is on say, Mercedes S-class tanks from the 80s.

The ride is likely a slight bit better, too, because of the longer wheelbase.
Wow, more space in the rear...( LIMO ) heck I'll buy a reasonable one with more leg room ,hire a chauffer and sit in the back...….lol
Old 09-29-18, 04:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,955 Posts

I've had both the GS and the LS, the generation you're looking at (the 3GS) is actually a pretty soft car. I had the 4GS, which is firmer. I've driven a bunch of 3GSs though, the LS is obviously more car, more refined, smoother riding, quieter. Interior is better, way more space.
Old 10-01-18, 03:18 AM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I've had both the GS and the LS, the generation you're looking at (the 3GS) is actually a pretty soft car. I had the 4GS, which is firmer. I've driven a bunch of 3GSs though, the LS is obviously more car, more refined, smoother riding, quieter. Interior is better, way more space.
yea , thanks was supposed to go test drive the LS over the weekend and my damn car broke down and I wasn’t able to get it fixed a steering gearbox problem so had to reschedule, talk about bad timing
Old 10-01-18, 03:25 AM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

by the way I thought the 2008 was a 4G, it also has air suspension, good or bad cause , I was thinking coilovers for a 1 in drop , bad idea?
Old 10-01-18, 01:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,955 Posts

Originally Posted by Yafeelme
by the way I thought the 2008 was a 4G, it also has air suspension, good or bad cause , I was thinking coilovers for a 1 in drop , bad idea?
2008 LS is a 4th gen, 2008 GS is a 3rd gen.
Old 10-02-18, 03:17 AM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

2008 LS is a 4th gen, 2008 GS is a 3rd gen.
ok thanks still learning what’s what
Old 10-02-18, 09:19 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

other than fuel economy, especially if city commuting, the LS is great for daily commute. I drive mine daily, plenty of room in back for kids, comfort, safety as well. Just hate the gas mileage.
Old 10-02-18, 10:41 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

if you want small and sporty the LS is not the car for you. however you will notice a difference in power. the LS is very fast if you want it to be and can feel pretty small at high speeds in the twisties. if you want the V8 then go with the short wheel base ls460. its still a big car but the 460L is gigantic heavy and feels like it. still an awesome car but the swb 460 is noticeable. however, you should also look for a GS460 if you can find one. they are just pretty rare but it will give you everything the LS460 gives you in a smaller and slightly less refined package. they ARE sporty and are screaming fast, again just hard to find, plus the geezers didn't buy the GS460 and they havent made them for awhile, so finding one that hasn't been beat on will be even
Old 10-02-18, 10:47 AM
Yafeelme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CJITTY
other than fuel economy, especially if city commuting, the LS is great for daily commute. I drive mine daily, plenty of room in back for kids, comfort, safety as well. Just hate the gas mileage.
sometimes you got to give up something to get something and coming from a 2003 GMC Yukon( gas guzzler) I think the LS is what I’m looking for or need

Quick Reply: GS or LS as a daily driver