LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Possibly Moving From GS to LS

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-18, 06:09 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts

Awesome! You'll love it!
Old 10-30-18, 06:46 PM
Biggotis06
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations TriumphT!!! You will love it! Mine will be my last car probably, I love it that much! Oddly enough mine is in the shop a little early for a 40,000 mile check-up with only 38,500 on the clock. My air suspension compressor went out. Thank you warranty Very surprised at this as I drive very carefully to avoid potholes. Just one of those things. I too have the extended warranty till Aug. 2026, unlimited miles. I bought mine in 2015 with 4,700 miles on it. Been nothing but flawless and an absolute pleasure to drive. Luckily we have a wonderful dealer in North Louisiana and I take mine in every 5,000 and let them service her out. The compressor doesn't worry me but it woulda been about 1200 without warranty. My old car was a BMW 550. Loved the power but after 50,000 they turn into a money pit. I've gotta lot a faith in the Lexus and plan to drive it till at least the warranty's out. You know there's not but 750 LS crafted lines made. You'll love your unique car
Old 10-31-18, 07:43 AM
TRIUMPHT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggotis06
Congratulations TriumphT!!! You will love it! Mine will be my last car probably, I love it that much! Oddly enough mine is in the shop a little early for a 40,000 mile check-up with only 38,500 on the clock. My air suspension compressor went out. Thank you warranty Very surprised at this as I drive very carefully to avoid potholes. Just one of those things. I too have the extended warranty till Aug. 2026, unlimited miles. I bought mine in 2015 with 4,700 miles on it. Been nothing but flawless and an absolute pleasure to drive. Luckily we have a wonderful dealer in North Louisiana and I take mine in every 5,000 and let them service her out. The compressor doesn't worry me but it woulda been about 1200 without warranty. My old car was a BMW 550. Loved the power but after 50,000 they turn into a money pit. I've gotta lot a faith in the Lexus and plan to drive it till at least the warranty's out. You know there's not but 750 LS crafted lines made. You'll love your unique car
Thanks and i feel the same way you do, i have not kept a car for more than a year in a very long time. The X5 was perfect as far as room and power but gave me problems ever 2 months. That was supposed to be my last ride for a long time but couldn't deal with the every two months something new going wrong. So i am hoping this works out and long term which is why i jumped on the opportunity once i started seeing the crafted line resurface on dealers lots even though i had just recently purchased the GS.

Originally Posted by DerrickM
Awesome! You'll love it!
Originally Posted by tofuprod
Those pictures made me super jittery and warm inside.

Love it, gorgeous ride and welcome!
Originally Posted by Kuhan
Nice! Congrats!
Thanks i really like it thus far.

If anyone is searching for a crafted line i can't be 100% sure it is still there as they go quick once posted on sites. It's not a lexus dealer but i know people that have purchased vehicles form there before. The day i went to get mines if it didn't work out or i didn't like the one i got for whatever reason i was going to go there and check the one they have out. www.rcatena.com

Last edited by TRIUMPHT; 10-31-18 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-31-18, 03:43 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 339 Likes on 292 Posts

That's a nice interior.
Old 11-01-18, 02:08 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Congratulations on your new ride. I like the interior a lot!

Reatding your battery, mine had been to the dealer in CA before I bought it for battery also, however, it was checked out by Lexus and CPO ready. When I bought it, it wasn’t a CPO. I just put a battery in last week and it has been fine (26 month owner now). Just went out one morning and it was dead. Hadn’t been driven in a while tho. I have a trickle charger now just in case

Hope you enjoy your car.
Old 11-01-18, 04:08 PM
Johnhw2
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a gorgeous interior. Was not aware of this model. I assume the suspension and handling are more sport than a base LS, any other performance differences? I love that look. I assume it is not available in the long wheel base which I was focused on getting.

I have a 2014 LS460L AWD with 41k miles on it. Within the last month I had two incidents of dead battery. First one I called AAA and they jumped it and said it looked like a bad cell maybe. I thought I had left a switch in the wrong position and ran it down over night as there was no warning or indication battery issues earlier. So I drove it 30 minutes to charge it up and next day, its dead again. AAA got me going again and I started looking for a battery. I am not fond of my nearest dealer so they were last on my call list about Costco and Sam's club could not install it.

Dealer surprised me with it was under warranty, just a month or so left on it but got new battery no cost to me. I figured there would at least be depreciation sharing from me but not a dime. It seemed like a short life to me but in our summers Im told they can kill a battery quick

I dirive more short trips around Plano as I am retired and with our brutal summer, I am sure it is just a hard on battery environment. I don't have an extended warranty but replacing a battery every 4 years or so is no worry in my view and probably what you might be facing as well.
Old 11-01-18, 08:01 PM
TRIUMPHT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sha4000
That's a nice interior.

Originally Posted by Cubbylex
Congratulations on your new ride. I like the interior a lot!

Reatding your battery, mine had been to the dealer in CA before I bought it for battery also, however, it was checked out by Lexus and CPO ready. When I bought it, it wasn’t a CPO. I just put a battery in last week and it has been fine (26 month owner now). Just went out one morning and it was dead. Hadn’t been driven in a while tho. I have a trickle charger now just in case

Hope you enjoy your car.

Thanks it is one of the main things that caught my attention about this vehicle and the GS i just traded in.

I am only concerned about the battery as i see most people say it goes without warning. My X5 battery was going not even a year into ownership but it gave me the warning so i was able to get it replaced before it died. I like my vehicles to start when i need them to and get me from A to B which is why i left BMW and came back the the Japanese market and specifically Lexus. The last dealer to get the car in for a dead battery said they actually changed it and it had a bad cell. I do not drive my car often it sits 5 days out the week. I am going to have to look into that charger.

Originally Posted by Johnhw2
That is a gorgeous interior. Was not aware of this model. I assume the suspension and handling are more sport than a base LS, any other performance differences? I love that look. I assume it is not available in the long wheel base which I was focused on getting.

I have a 2014 LS460L AWD with 41k miles on it. Within the last month I had two incidents of dead battery. First one I called AAA and they jumped it and said it looked like a bad cell maybe. I thought I had left a switch in the wrong position and ran it down over night as there was no warning or indication battery issues earlier. So I drove it 30 minutes to charge it up and next day, its dead again. AAA got me going again and I started looking for a battery. I am not fond of my nearest dealer so they were last on my call list about Costco and Sam's club could not install it.

Dealer surprised me with it was under warranty, just a month or so left on it but got new battery no cost to me. I figured there would at least be depreciation sharing from me but not a dime. It seemed like a short life to me but in our summers Im told they can kill a battery quick

I dirive more short trips around Plano as I am retired and with our brutal summer, I am sure it is just a hard on battery environment. I don't have an extended warranty but replacing a battery every 4 years or so is no worry in my view and probably what you might be facing as well.
Most people aren't aware of this model it kind of snuck under the radar if you were not a Lexus fan paying attention to the brand. Yes suspension is different it is an F-Sport first Crafted-Line edition second. No extra performance same numbers as regular LS 460 models made from 2013. No the F-Sports do not come in long wheel base.

That's good you were able to get it replaced for free. It seems to be an issue with these batteries that come with the car. I am in the opposite situation winters are cold and that also kills the batteries. They are high tech cars with a lot of auto everything so it happens. Not one battery issue with my GS guaranteed to start every time. I have never ran into a battery situation until the X5 which was high tech also i guess that's the trade off.

I do not know if it would help but i try to keep everything auto turned off in my car before i turn it off with the exception of the wipers and lights. Even the radio and the temp i make sure is off and nothing plugged in. So i will see.

Last edited by TRIUMPHT; 11-01-18 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-02-18, 06:41 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

If I were in the market, I would likely be trying find a Crafted Line. Yours looks great. If you're looking to do some minor mods, check out my signature. It may or may not be right for you.

Jason