LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Token for key programming

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-18, 12:53 PM
mkarimi
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Token for key programming

Hi all,
I bought a used key fob that needs to be programmed on my 2007 LS460. I was going through the instructions to reset the Smart Access and add all the keys using mini VCI cable and Fakestream software but in one of the steps I need to provide "Access Code" which should be calculated based on "Seed Code" . I searched around and found some websites selling tokens to calculate Access Code but the bundle is for 5 tokens while I only need one or two. Is there anyone having extra Tokens and willing to sell?

Thanks
Old 10-28-18, 02:58 PM
ShaneAlan
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have no clue what your talking about!
Old 10-28-18, 03:13 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

No worries, ShanAlan, some of us here do know what he's talking about.

Yeah...the token thing is a horrible PITA. Hopefully someone chimes in and has a couple-few. I was quite fortunate in that, the one I needed to program a fob was given to me by another list member as payment for me reprogramming his keys.

That was a nervous 30-45 minutes, that was.

I still have a couple of card keys which I need to have wiped and put back to 'virgin' status...thanks for reminding me! I really do need to do that.
The following 2 users liked this post by mckellyb:
jsavant1 (01-15-19), mkarimi (10-28-18)
Old 10-28-18, 03:43 PM
ShaneAlan
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Embarassed! ��
Old 10-28-18, 05:40 PM
Biggotis06
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Me too! Guess i'll have to pay the going rate.
Old 10-28-18, 09:47 PM
mkarimi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ShaneAlan
I have no clue what your talking about!
Hi ShaneAlan,

If you want to add another smart key/card to your Lexus car, you have two options.
First is to buy an unused (Virgin) key fob and program it. What you need isa Mini VCI cable which can be bought on ebay for less than $15 and the Techstream software which comes in a CD with it (also downloadable from other websites!). Here is a tutorial that shows how to do it:

Second option is to buy a used key fob and program it on your car. To program a used key you cannot use the same procedure and have two options:-) One is to reflash the used key fob and make it act like a virgin key fob. It needs more expensive instruments but there are some ebay sellers that do it. What you should do is to ship the key to them. They will reflash the key and send it back to you (the cost is less than 20 bucks). Another way to program a used key fob is to reset the immobilizer and erase the all the keys and reprogram all the keys again (including your previous keys and the used one you bought) using the first method. The process of resetting immobilizer is illustrated here:

The only problem for the last one is that you need a Pass Code (which specific on each car) during the process. There are some websites that provide this Pass code:
https://www.weboctopus.nl/lexus-scio...calculator.php
https://pin-online.net/online_passcode
BUT you have to buy a Token for each Pass Code calculation! And they only sell tokens in the package of 5 ($25 to $30 for 5 tokens)

Last edited by mkarimi; 10-29-18 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-28-18, 10:21 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Then why not just buy the tokens?
Old 10-29-18, 07:17 AM
EZCarKeys
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

PM me the seed code and VIN and I'll calculate it for you. If you want the key virginized, I can also do that.
The following 4 users liked this post by EZCarKeys:
mckellyb (10-30-18), mkarimi (10-29-18), NotFasty (01-07-19), veritascan (02-01-20)
Old 01-07-19, 05:14 PM
mkarimi
Driver School Candidate

I finally ended up buying the tokens. But I only used one of them. Let me know if you need any token to program your key.
The following 2 users liked this post by mkarimi:
NotFasty (01-07-19), sha4000 (01-07-19)
Old 10-07-19, 05:05 PM
belbal2006
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mkarimi
I finally ended up buying the tokens. But I only used one of them. Let me know if you need any token to program your key.
I bought a used 2019 Lexus ES350 and it comes with only one key. I bought a new key and i tried to do registration, it is giving me a Seed number and asking for pass-code. I need token if u still have one please.
Old 10-07-19, 05:14 PM
mkarimi
Driver School Candidate

Yes I still have them. PM me if you still need it.
The following 2 users liked this post by mkarimi:
rcaso26 (12-12-19), veritascan (02-01-20)
Old 08-08-20, 10:37 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 149 Posts

This is a older thread but, I wanted to bump it. I picked up a used key for my 2014 on eBay, matching style and numbers. I go into Techstream, Program, it, goes through everything fine (all beeps), then it says, place key on passengers seat and finally times out and fails.

I am assuming this is, based on this thread, that it's not a Virgin key. Is there a updated way to program a non-virgin key ? If I need to wipe all keys, and do use a Token, Is there a better service and more affordable way to do it. Can I get a single code anywhere to just program one extra key ?

I could not find the RIGHT keyword on eBay to find a service that might do this fairly inexpensive...
Old 08-08-20, 02:19 PM
Dolph1
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

When I programmed a key for my 2013 I purchased a new one from a dealer and it was fairly simple to do. I avoided buying used as I knew I would need to wipe all keys and I didn’t want to take a chance it wouldn’t work and I’d need a tow to the dealer. I did not think you needed a token when wiping all keys based on the research I did at the time. Some eBay sellers sell used virgin keys so perhaps one of them can make your used key a virgin for a reasonable fee.
Old 08-08-20, 04:24 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Dolph1
When I programmed a key for my 2013 I purchased a new one from a dealer and it was fairly simple to do. I avoided buying used as I knew I would need to wipe all keys and I didn’t want to take a chance it wouldn’t work and I’d need a tow to the dealer. I did not think you needed a token when wiping all keys based on the research I did at the time. Some eBay sellers sell used virgin keys so perhaps one of them can make your used key a virgin for a reasonable fee.
I tested that one. When I tried to program the key, I noticed that there was 4 keys for my car. I only got one. So there was an option (I forget the name), to delete keys, it said, it would only work if one key is done. So I did it, it wiped out all the keys accept for my Key (the one I got with the car). So this kind of shows me if this was a new key, I would not have a problem.

I really didn't want 4 keys on my car, that 3 of them I didn't own... to me, that means someone with the key, could look up VIN (this is not too hard with a little searching) find out who I am, drive by my house, walk up to my car and get in and drive away.

I did see a few people eBay (after changing keywords around), we have one asking about $19 (then I need to ship to them) and they will send it back (to reset the key). I checked feedback and there are people who gave good feedback based on THIS service they have done.

There is another one asking $10 but, I don't see any feedback for this service so I am better off spending $27 ($19 + $8 for priority mail to ship to them, I would prefer tracking).

It's why I am wondering, the way I figure it, as THIS IS going to cost me at least another $27,a $15-20 for a token to reset all them would not be out of the question in my eyes and I DON'T have pack it up, drive to the post office and drop it off...

See my point

Last edited by DavidinCT; 08-08-20 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-06-21, 08:55 AM
st3rnly
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Does anyone have a token they'd be willing to sell? I'm receiving my new ECU tomorrow and looks like I will need one to program the immobilizer.

Quick Reply: Token for key programming