LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Good news from Lexus about melting door panel, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-18, 06:53 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by 213374U
Not sure on the process as I just handed them the key and took 45 minutes to grab a coffee and check out the latest models. Also didn't get much feedback from him beyond what they're replacing, but he seemed surprised Corporate was going to cover everything but the armrest. Once he told me that I didn't want to ask any more questions, didn't want to give them any reason to revisit their decision at that point

Does anyone know if the b-pillar cover, the one that gets knicked and torn up in every 460 I've ever seen, is covered in this? Or was that a previous warranty replacement that already expired?

They had a TSIB for the pillar but that was a warranty item. Its probably expired for you now. I bought 2 of the new design ones off ebay. New i kept the old ones thought about having them recovered and selling them.
Attached Files
Old 12-05-18, 03:57 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

That shows it only applied to 07-08's?!? Mine's a 2010 and looks terrible on the driver's side. Passenger side shows wear and a few little cuts, but most of the fabric is there in the problem area still.
Old 12-10-18, 07:38 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 375 Likes on 258 Posts

To those who received the letter from Lexus - how long it take to receive the letter after you submitted your electronic request through Lexus Drivers site? I did mine about 2-3 weeks ago and still don't have the letter. Do you have to have the letter to line up something at the dealer or can you just say you submitted for it and reference the code?
Old 12-10-18, 08:00 AM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Hi

I did not file a request. It just came automatically.

Did not think i was in the running bc it has been hit or miss based on what I have seen here

Hopefully you will get yours soon.
Old 12-10-18, 11:35 AM
icon901
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z
I'm in Memphis and just got my 08 interior approved for replacement. If you talked with Gary, he should have told you this was a one shot deal. My driver side armrest was cracked open and covered with electrical tape. I convinced him to do the entire interior. He told me it was now or never as I wouldn't be able to come back for seconds. How true that is I don't know, but if you can get it all, go for it.
Oh ****. I'll call and talk to them about it as I've still not heard from them on approval for the forms they sent to Lexus for approval.
Old 12-10-18, 06:04 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Its been a month since i asked about getting a letter. None yet, I emailed them back and was told having the letter is not a important first step. Dealers are aware of the replacement. I took mine in last Friday but was not bad enough now to do a replacement. Service said to come back when its warmer so they can get good photos to submit. So i guess i will wait till next May or so. No hurry.
The following users liked this post:
jrmckinley (12-11-18)
Old 12-11-18, 05:02 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 267 Likes on 202 Posts

I wanted to add my post in from my thread regarding this issue, hopefully it helps:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...-by-lexus.html
Old 12-11-18, 01:28 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
To those who received the letter from Lexus - how long it take to receive the letter after you submitted your electronic request through Lexus Drivers site? I did mine about 2-3 weeks ago and still don't have the letter. Do you have to have the letter to line up something at the dealer or can you just say you submitted for it and reference the code?
I called Corporate and they were able to transfer me to Lexus Austin and schedule an appointment right there. I still have not seen a letter in the mail and my car was inspected over a week ago now.
Old 12-11-18, 03:07 PM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

This is very encouraging that Lexus is standing behind their product! Make sure you have this done within the time frame of the warranty enhancement program. Even if you're a day beyond it, Lexus WILL NOT honor the warranty enhancement - no ifs, and or buts.
Old 12-11-18, 10:14 PM
burgdorf
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I just wanted to add to the info here I also reached out to Lexus online, was notified within 24 hrs, I was told I would receive a letter in the mail within 2-3 weeks. I never got the letter, it’s been about a month. I decided to bring my car in to the dealer and see what they can do. The service rep took pictures with his IPhone, not good lighting, and explained the glove box is not part of the warranty enhancement program, I asked him to take a pic to document anyway in case I ask about it later. Now he says the pics will go to Corp so they can approve what needs to be replaced. Fingers crossed they come back and say full replacement only time will tell but I am concerned as the pictures really didn’t show much if any detail. I will update once I hear back. Here’s to hoping for the best.
Old 12-12-18, 04:59 AM
tofu
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What about the leather of the steering wheel that has heater? I felt very sticky every time I turn on the steering wheel heat.
Old 12-12-18, 05:08 AM
tofu
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 213374U
I called Corporate and they were able to transfer me to Lexus Austin and schedule an appointment right there. I still have not seen a letter in the mail and my car was inspected over a week ago now.
@213374U Hello Austinite, What did Lexus Austin tell you? Just curious because I'm from here too
Old 12-12-18, 06:18 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 375 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by burgdorf
I just wanted to add to the info here I also reached out to Lexus online, was notified within 24 hrs, I was told I would receive a letter in the mail within 2-3 weeks. I never got the letter, it’s been about a month. I decided to bring my car in to the dealer and see what they can do. The service rep took pictures with his IPhone, not good lighting, and explained the glove box is not part of the warranty enhancement program, I asked him to take a pic to document anyway in case I ask about it later. Now he says the pics will go to Corp so they can approve what needs to be replaced. Fingers crossed they come back and say full replacement only time will tell but I am concerned as the pictures really didn’t show much if any detail. I will update once I hear back. Here’s to hoping for the best.
I'm almost certain the glove box is part of the ZLZ warranty replacement (what we are all going through). I would politely push back and ask to see documentation of what is covered and what is not. Several members here are reporting their glove box is being replaced as part of this initiative. I am specifically hoping that is the case as that is the area of my car that looks the worst.
Old 12-12-18, 06:49 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

The glove box is part of the replacement. The Service Manager here in Memphis took all the same photos. Then he called and asked me to come back and take them again. He had to hold the sheet of paper with the specific job number up against all the bad interior pieces. He pretty much told me it was a done deal and it would take up to a month. I highly recommend anyone with the 07-09 to take their cars in to their dealerships and let them know you'd like it all replaced. Not only is having a new interior pleasing to drive again, but it's great for resale.
The following users liked this post:
The Ikon (06-17-19)
Old 12-12-18, 09:10 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tofu
@213374U Hello Austinite, What did Lexus Austin tell you? Just curious because I'm from here too
Hey! Lexus Austin has always been fantastic whenever I've been in, probably one of the better Lexus dealers in the nation.

For this recall they are replacing everything minus the center console lid, and I didn't even think my panels looked that bad. Definitely give them a call (Corporate) and get them to schedule you an appointment.

Quick Reply: Good news from Lexus about melting door panel, etc...