LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Good news from Lexus about melting door panel, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-18, 10:02 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 367 Likes on 252 Posts

To those who have had items replaced - how long has Lexus had your car to complete the replacements? And can you specify which component(s) you had replaced for that amount of time?
Old 12-13-18, 06:20 AM
tofu
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 213374U
Hey! Lexus Austin has always been fantastic whenever I've been in, probably one of the better Lexus dealers in the nation.

For this recall they are replacing everything minus the center console lid, and I didn't even think my panels looked that bad. Definitely give them a call (Corporate) and get them to schedule you an appointment.
That's great to hear. I have an appointment with Lexus Austin this Sat. so they could take pictures of mine.
Old 12-14-18, 10:12 AM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Just got around to registering at Lexus .com and entered my request. Will advise when I get my letter/response.
Old 06-08-19, 10:38 AM
HOWIEXU
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z
I'm in Memphis and just got my 08 interior approved for replacement. If you talked with Gary, he should have told you this was a one shot deal. My driver side armrest was cracked open and covered with electrical tape. I convinced him to do the entire interior. He told me it was now or never as I wouldn't be able to come back for seconds. How true that is I don't know, but if you can get it all, go for it.
ZLZ inspection
Old 06-08-19, 10:43 AM
HOWIEXU
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by icon901
Just went in to Lexus of Memphis for my 08. Drivers door panel is bad (had cracked open). Pass armrest shows minor wear but doesn't really appear to be related to the issue.

They are sending paperwork to Lexus to replace drivers door panel and Dashboard (which IMO doesn't show wear, but I'm happy to have it fixed).

Wish they were doing pass armrest but I'll just bring it back up there this summer when it's hot and sticky, and have them initiate the repair on that panel since this bulletin appears to extend out a couple years.
I have two LS460s and both had completed the ZLZ inspection to have their panels replaced . The parts have been ordered since November 2018 and it's June 2019 now , I am still waiting for them. The dealership told me that they don't know how long the parts will be arrived , could be 6 months up to a year . So everyone be prepared a long wait and I would suggest to bring your car in ASAP !
Old 06-09-19, 04:03 PM
HOWIEXU
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 213374U
I have the black interior as well and know exactly what you're talking about. I'm hoping they'll replace all mine for that reason because the drivers panel is the only one with actual cracks and little bits missing, but all other panels require cleaning/touchup regularly to stay looking good, even if nobody has been near that panel.

Just got off the phone with Lexus, have an appointment tomorrow to get the panels inspected.
Good luck on parts arrival ! I have been waiting for parts from the dealership since November 2018 and it's now June 2019 , still no ETA for my both LS460s.
Old 06-17-19, 10:25 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow...! NEVER knew about this..!!! I just informed my friends with LS’s...::!

Hey would you go ahead and just get it done on a 2010(I’m looking to purchase one and the interior looks perfect). What are the signs if any that it’s a potential issue?

The Ikon
Old 06-18-19, 01:17 AM
HOWIEXU
Driver School Candidate

I am not sure if the 2010 model has the issues . Basically the interior trim gets sticky and panel cracks due to the hot and humid weather . It's nice that Lexus sent us letters offered free inspection and replacement. You will be notified based on your VIN numbers . So no need to request ! The parts will take up to years to arrive , that's bad . You may no longer own the vehicle before the it arrives ...Haha.
Old 06-19-19, 01:13 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 367 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by The Ikon
Wow...! NEVER knew about this..!!! I just informed my friends with LS’s...::!

Hey would you go ahead and just get it done on a 2010(I’m looking to purchase one and the interior looks perfect). What are the signs if any that it’s a potential issue?

The Ikon
Definitely impacts 2010 (I own a very late production 2010 - almost a 2011 - and mine is impacted). All you do is contact your dealer and reference the ZLZ program. They'll inspect the car and take pics (discoloration is one way of showing it being impacted) and send them to Lexus for approval. I know at least one member here with a 2011 was impacted. My interior is black and you can see it turning a lighter shade, almost grey, in the areas where it's sticky. My glove box looks the worst because you can see finger marks (from pressing it closed) from years and years ago (prior owner- I remember seeing it when i bought the car and just thought it needed a detail). Once it gets hot outside you'll notice the panel is sticky to the touch.

As others have mentioned, the wait time can be very long. I'm about 5 months in and only a couple of my parts have come in (I think I'm waiting on a total of 8 parts).

Last edited by jrmckinley; 06-19-19 at 01:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HOWIEXU (06-19-19)
Old 06-20-19, 11:48 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Got my parts installed on my 2012, very happy. Shout out to Lexus for taking care of us owners!!!
The following 3 users liked this post by CJITTY:
HOWIEXU (06-20-19), Nospinzone (06-25-19), SW17LS (06-21-19)
Old 06-20-19, 12:01 PM
HOWIEXU
Driver School Candidate

How long was your wait ? I have been waiting for 9 pieces parts since November 2018 and it's June 2019. Still no ETA. Please advise . Thanks.
Old 06-20-19, 12:35 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Got my parts installed on my 2012, very happy. Shout out to Lexus for taking care of us owners!!!
c jitty congrats

can you post some photos of the after if you are ok with that
The following users liked this post:
HOWIEXU (06-20-19)
Old 06-20-19, 04:48 PM
miyoshiboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspected and ordered

I contacted a SA I have worked with and she said come by and take pictures.

Took five minutes and she said they would be replacing everything. I have the black interior for the LS460L. Said it would be a while but they would take care of everything.
YMMV. Mine is a 2010.
Old 06-21-19, 12:26 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by miyoshiboy
I contacted a SA I have worked with and she said come by and take pictures.

Took five minutes and she said they would be replacing everything. I have the black interior for the LS460L. Said it would be a while but they would take care of everything.
YMMV. Mine is a 2010.
Which dealer do you use in Florida if you don't mind saying?
Old 06-21-19, 10:43 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

My dealer has agreed to replace all interior pieces covered by the goodwill program. I'm soon to have a brand new looking interior!

Quick Reply: Good news from Lexus about melting door panel, etc...