LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Brake pad wear connector help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-18, 10:17 AM
aido
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake pad wear connector help please

Hi, I hope you're all well?
I recently picked up a 2007 LS460 to make motorway driving easier than my Volvo SUV - I do a lot of milage and the Volvo has triggered an old shoulder injury which the Lexus seems to not affect.
Since I've had the car it's had a full service, TPMS adjustment to add a new valve, and then needed a new front radar cruise sensor and Lexus emblem (ouch), control arms and I've replaced the Xenons - it's actually spent 4 weeks out of the 8 weeks I've owned in the Lexus dealer.
I was hoping for some trouble free mileage now but then received the light on the dash for brake pad wear.
I did a quick visual and the pads seemed ok, and from popping it to a local old school mechanic it turns out someone had bodged a repair to the brake wear sensor wire by removing the plug at the loom end (d'oh) and and just plugging the bare cables into the connector at the wear sensor end!! Cowboys.
Anyway, they removed some of the wire and soldered for now so I've ordered a new front right brake pad wear sensor and now need to try and find out what the connector at the loom end would be, but unfortunately the EPC doesn't show what cable the wear sensor plugs into so I can't easily get a part number. From looking at some of the diagrams it may even be the main harness the wear sensor plugs into but I'm not sure.
I've attached a picture of the connector on the wear sensor itself (47770-50090) - do any of you have any idea of the connector I'd need for the other end to return things back to stock and make future replacements easier please?

With thanks in advance!