LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

It arrived. I'm happy.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-18, 06:04 PM
hitsofmiss
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can relate to your excitement! I bought 2010 F-Sport about a month back. And since then I have nonsensically driven hundreds of miles after work, or even on my way to grocery because I just enjoy the drive so much. Not sure whether it's the sporty but comfortable ride or those ML sound system or the sheer power under the hood or everything combined.

I wanted the LWB, especially for the reclining rear sit with massager (yes, why not) but couldn't find one at a reasonable price. May I ask how much did you pay?
The following users liked this post:
mckellyb (12-14-18)
Old 12-14-18, 05:32 AM
mahad
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

She's a gem. Great car for a great price! Happy for you man
Old 12-14-18, 07:31 AM
Gjohnson
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice find! I love the color!!!
Old 12-14-18, 07:51 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 394 Likes on 267 Posts

Incredible- happy everything checked out. I can say without question I think you got the best deal on a 460L that I've read about on this forum. I'm no longer thinking I negotiated a great deal on my 2010 L but that's a different story..! Talk about "value" - you hit a homerun.

I love the semi-aniline leather and the upgraded headliner - I have other 460 owners in my extended family and they always comment on how much nicer my leather feels than the standard leather. That typically comes right after they go crazy about the added leg room in the back.

Enjoy!
Old 12-14-18, 08:57 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 509 Likes on 386 Posts

Not normally a fan of blue, but that blue looks amazing. Congrats! What's the color called? Looks like Ford's "denim blue"
Old 12-14-18, 10:38 AM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey, congratulations on finally getting the new Lexus. You will absolutely love the back seat. Although driving is fun, right?

i really like that color combo. I did find one the color but didn’t have the back seat needs.

Hope we you have many happy miles and smiles.
mckellyb (12-14-18)
Old 12-14-18, 11:46 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Really nice. Might I suggest: a) ASC, and b) tinted windows. The car is great as is, but after the both of those, it would REPRESENT!
mckellyb (12-14-18)
Old 12-14-18, 12:29 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Love the color combo, congrats!
mckellyb (12-14-18)
Old 12-14-18, 01:35 PM
rick3242
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I would be happy as well - that is a good looking clean car - enjoy.
mckellyb (12-14-18)
Old 12-14-18, 03:14 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by hitsofmiss
I can relate to your excitement! I bought 2010 F-Sport about a month back. And since then I have nonsensically driven hundreds of miles after work, or even on my way to grocery because I just enjoy the drive so much. Not sure whether it's the sporty but comfortable ride or those ML sound system or the sheer power under the hood or everything combined.

I wanted the LWB, especially for the reclining rear sit with massager (yes, why not) but couldn't find one at a reasonable price. May I ask how much did you pay?
Out the door, from a nice buy here/pay here place with a couple of locations, in Marietta, GA, and they didn't give an inch, $21,274. They got me a wholesale price on shipping to Fort Worth, which is 853 miles, door-to-door (I know because I looked at flying out, driving back in under 24 hours, and in that car, 850 miles in 12 hours is easy).

I'm a little disappointed in the rear seat massager, as it's like ancient motel room's Magic Fingers. It buzzes, three settings, though.

The rest, though! I'm trying to figure out how to work a Peltier cooler on the beverage cooler, so I don't have to have the rear seat A/C running to keep beverages chilly on road trips.

Though...I could just ask the fare passenger to hand me something, as I'm sure my wife will want to be back there a goodly amount of the time on monster trips. I consider pretty much anyplace in the continental US, from Fort Worth, a day's trip. All 23:59, starting with a full tank of fuel, but it's cheating starting from a central location.
Old 12-14-18, 03:19 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Not normally a fan of blue, but that blue looks amazing. Congrats! What's the color called? Looks like Ford's "denim blue"
Deep Sea Mica

It's dark.

It's nearly identical to the blue on my first vehicle, a 1967 Dodge A-108 passenger van. Well, after a couple of days of work, that is.

I prefer dirt colors. I'm being 100% serious. I'm not a fan of hand washing cars. Occasionally, I'll do it...a couple of times per year...but it's not a 'thing' for me.

White is easier to keep clean than people'd think. Champagne is perfect for Colorado, I learned. Most places, silver is what you want, but I didn't want silver, again.

I'm really digging on the deep blue.

Last edited by mckellyb; 12-20-18 at 11:20 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-14-18, 03:27 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
Really nice. Might I suggest: a) ASC, and b) tinted windows. The car is great as is, but after the both of those, it would REPRESENT!
American Sunroof Corporation?

I'm going to 3M Crystalline on this car. Dark as they have on the sides/rear and 70% on the sunroof and windscreen. I want the IR rejection, big time, being as dark as it is.

Yes, I know, I know...I also clean my reading/computer glasses, which I'm not wearing now, because the screen is two feet from my eyeballs, with hot water and Dawn every night. My 1987 Gargoyles? Once a week. Additionally, my optometrist said he wished everyone had eyes like I do, but he'd be out-of-business. This is 10 years ago...gravity gets to everyone's eyes, eventually.

It just hit me.... I have sunglasses which are very likely older than some of the members on the LS forum.
NotFasty (12-14-18)
Old 12-14-18, 08:47 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by mckellyb

I prefer dirt colors. I'm being 100% serious. I'm not a fan of hand washing cars. Occasionally, I'll do it...a couple of times per year...but it's not a 'thing' for me.

White is easier to keep clean than people'd think. Champagne is perfectColorado, I learned. Most places, silver is what you want, but I didn't want silver, again.

I'm really digging on the deep blue.
If the above is true, I'd HIGHLY recommend getting it corrected and then ceramic coated. Will help to prevent swirls on that dark paint and you just hit it with a hose to clean it off. If you don't like to clean but you like a clean car it's worth every penny.
Old 12-15-18, 02:25 AM
Nospinzone

Received 427 Likes on 330 Posts

Congrats and I wish you good luck with it.

You're right, the dealer was cheap. Where's the big red bow that's supposed to be on the roof?!
mckellyb (12-15-18)
Old 12-15-18, 06:51 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 479 Likes on 353 Posts

McKellyB

That looks just like my 2010 460L, same Deep Sea Mica Blue, Same wheels and interior color. same rear seat upgrade. You are going to love the ride. I was not a fan of the Deep Sea Mica Blue when we first got it but I have to come to really like it. It really stands out when it is clean and you are walking across the parking lot to it. It is a beautiful car. Enjoy

Dennis
mckellyb (12-15-18)

Quick Reply: It arrived. I'm happy.