LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Sticky/cracked interior panel customer support program notification - ZLZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-20, 12:17 PM
tinisha
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer state my LS won't qualify to replace the dash and door panels

Originally Posted by Tec80
Did anyone else get this notice in the mail? Extended warranty until March 31, 2021 regardless of mileage and for 10 years from vehicle's date of first use, regardless of mileage. Covers doors, upper & lower dash, and console.
After waiting for more than a year, I called the dealer to find out that they haven't received my parts yet. Then I called Lexus and they assigned a case manager, few weeks into his investigation, he told me to bring my car to the dealer , (lexus of Pleasnton) to install what ever parts they have. So I went to the dealer this Friday, the Service Rep told me ( after talking to the parts dept) my parts are not there. Then I showed her the message left by their customer service rep to bring my car in. She suddenly changed the story and told me, we don't have your glove box. So I asked " you have everything except my glove box" she said yes. I told her I will make another trip to install my glove box. Although unwillingly, she agreed to replace the parts.
Got a call next morning to pick up my car. Got the keys and I opened the car to find out only my glove box, Lower instrument panel, and console box have been replaced. what the....!! . When I questioned her, she told me since the production date of my LS was 9/18/06, It will only qualify for those three parts. She never told me this when I dropped the car or when she returned they keys. Then I asked her, where did you get the glove box that was not there when I dropped the car. She replied with a laugh " we don't want you to make another trip so we used another customer's and re-order another one for him" I wish I had that conversation recorded.
Does anyone aware of this production date based parts coverage? I have never heard of this before...

Thanks guys!

The following users liked this post:
fwood (07-19-20)
Old 06-08-20, 03:29 PM
emthered
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey roshko, on my 07, they replaced ALL interior parts listed. The complete door panels are replaced with new panels. It's a very big job if you qualify for everything. They had my car for five days. It might be worth inquiring at your local dealer to see if your car qualifies. Although, my understanding is that Lexus will only honor this extended warranty for those who receive the ZLZ letter in the mail from Lexus. Best of luck,
Old 06-08-20, 03:39 PM
emthered
Driver School Candidate

Hey tinisha, sorry to hear about your experience! When you brought your car in for the initial evaluation the tech should have told you what parts your car qualified for. In my case the guy evaluated the car in my presence and took pictures of all the affected parts. That evaluation is on record with Lexus and it should show the results in terms of what applicable interior parts your car needed replacing. You can register your car's vin# at drivers.lexus.com. Once you've signed up you'll have access to maintenance records for any service that was done by Lexus including when you brought it in for the the initial evaluation.
Old 06-08-20, 04:53 PM
tinisha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by emthered
Hey tinisha, sorry to hear about your experience! When you brought your car in for the initial evaluation the tech should have told you what parts your car qualified for. In my case the guy evaluated the car in my presence and took pictures of all the affected parts. That evaluation is on record with Lexus and it should show the results in terms of what applicable interior parts your car needed replacing. You can register your car's vin# at drivers.lexus.com. Once you've signed up you'll have access to maintenance records for any service that was done by Lexus including when you brought it in for the the initial evaluation.

Yes.. The service advisor took pictures of all the door panels as well as the entire dash when I brought in for initial evaluation.He told me my LS will qualifies for all those parts if Lexus approves it. Now they have a different story ..!
Old 06-08-20, 05:58 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Its funny how they broke down the 07 in to whats covered by date. Mine was late 06 so as you can see all but the dash and doors were covered. Those parts were covered by the earlier replacement plan. My dash was done but not the doors. It took 8 months to get all but the rear center console part in. My dealer said we have one for another customer but they have tried to reach them but never hear back. So he gave that to me to complete my job and ordered one for that person.

So your model just missed the date for console.

Thats a bad deal. Should have made you more aware. Did you see the ZLZ notice before you went into the dealer?

Old 06-09-20, 09:25 AM
tinisha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by johnnyg66
Its funny how they broke down the 07 in to whats covered by date. Mine was late 06 so as you can see all but the dash and doors were covered. Those parts were covered by the earlier replacement plan. My dash was done but not the doors. It took 8 months to get all but the rear center console part in. My dealer said we have one for another customer but they have tried to reach them but never hear back. So he gave that to me to complete my job and ordered one for that person.

So your model just missed the date for console.

Thats a bad deal. Should have made you more aware. Did you see the ZLZ notice before you went into the dealer?

I bought it used. Found the ZLZ notice sent to previous owner in the glovebox.

was your doors in good condition when you took yours for inspection?
Old 06-09-20, 01:54 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Originally Posted by tinisha
I bought it used. Found the ZLZ notice sent to previous owner in the glovebox.

was your doors in good condition when you took yours for inspection?
I have the leather wrapped arm rest to they are good. It was the top portion that will turn tacky in the sun. If my dealer had mentioned that when the dash was done than Lexus would have covered them with ZLZ plan. So i lost that batle. But all else in front has been done.
Old 06-10-20, 04:03 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyg66
I have the leather wrapped arm rest to they are good. It was the top portion that will turn tacky in the sun. If my dealer had mentioned that when the dash was done than Lexus would have covered them with ZLZ plan. So i lost that batle. But all else in front has been done.
you have the upgraded leather package and your dash and top of your door panels get stick or only door? Do they swap the whole door panel ?
Old 06-10-20, 05:23 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Originally Posted by jdanielca
you have the upgraded leather package and your dash and top of your door panels get stick or only door? Do they swap the whole door panel ?

No. I missed the boat on that during the last program. The ZLZ excludes them now based on production date. But its not too bad.
Old 06-21-20, 07:26 PM
abcdmac
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus of Nashville just evaluated and approve replacing everything on the list as well. How long did you have to wait for the parts?
Old 06-21-20, 08:10 PM
emthered
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by abcdmac
Lexus of Nashville just evaluated and approve replacing everything on the list as well. How long did you have to wait for the parts?
It really is random and different for most. In my particular case most of my parts arrived within 8 months but dealer wanted to wait until all parts were manufactured and in stock before the major installation. It seems the glove box takes the longest to manufacture because the key lock has to be matched to your fob. I've read where some have had theirs remedied within six months but this seems to be the exception. Most wait, as I did, for a year or more. In my case I had an 07 LS460 that required all the applicable interior parts. Installation took about 5 whole days along with the ABS brake actuator which I paid for out-of-pocket. My interior was black with the reddish wood trim. The new parts have a slightly lighter shade of black. Though I must admit the transformation was spectacular and ultimately worth the wait. Best of luck!
Old 06-21-20, 10:56 PM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 191 Likes on 150 Posts

Over the last 6 months the Lexus dealer has replaced the drivers door panel, the dash, the rear center console, glove box and both right hand done panels this week. Still to go the left rear door panel and the center console armrest. All with a smile and a loaner car. Hard to imagine better service. Plus they buffed the car this time. No charge.
Old 06-25-20, 04:50 PM
WoodyTx
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default ZLZ update-

Originally Posted by Tec80
Did anyone else get this notice in the mail? Extended warranty until March 31, 2021 regardless of mileage and for 10 years from vehicle's date of first use, regardless of mileage. Covers doors, upper & lower dash, and console.
I purchased a 2007 LS460 with 153k miles from Sterling McCall Lexus Clear Lake in Nov 2019. It was a one owner care, very well taken care of vehicle and serviced regularly by the above named dealer, or a Toyota Dealer in NC. Most of these miles were highway miles. I asked about the sticky door handles and was told about the ZLZ Program. They inspected the car and I was approved! No word since then, but looked at my notes and LexusDrivers site and saw that original owner inquired about it in Feb/2019. I talked to Service Director 3 days ago, he said that someone would call me back very soon. Today I get a call from Kevin, he informed me that everything was in except for 2 pieces and I’m scheduled for install Monday morning! I’m very happy, but a little perturbed at the same time! I don’t think this would have happened if I hadn’t spoken up! So please make the phone call if your stuff is sticky and it’s been a while. You never know, good things may happen!
Old 06-26-20, 05:57 AM
johnnyg66
Racer

I bet the dealer convinced the other owner it was better to upgrade than fix it. But you would think it would have been fixed before they put on the used sale lot. Mine is all done too took 8 months. What did they approve you for?
Old 06-26-20, 07:39 AM
WoodyTx
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I wasn’t smart enough to ask while I was on the phone, too dumbfounded to get the “ everything is here except 2 pieces” statement! I think they approved me for everything because my conversation we had when he took pictures was that I didn’t think I needed the dash, he responded and said, get it all done now because you might not get it later! So will let you know how it turns out next weekend! The one concern I have is that my interior is a light gray and my spec sheet on lexusdrivers states that my interior is dark stone?

Quick Reply: Sticky/cracked interior panel customer support program notification - ZLZ