LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Sticky/cracked interior panel customer support program notification - ZLZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-20, 08:04 PM
t_mack28
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bluetooth unit. Explain how please.

t_mack28@yahoo.com
Old 06-29-20, 11:20 AM
Kizan21
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone with a model year with exception that is exhibiting these issues tried reaching out to Lexus corporate and seeing if they are willing to do anything? I have an 07 that I took to the dealer and they said my lower instrument panel, glove box and console are covered, but none of the doors/dash. The dash honestly isn't bad, but ALL the doors are exhibiting the melting/sticky issue and I feel like they should be covered.
The following users liked this post:
amk3rd (07-14-20)
Old 06-29-20, 06:07 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Kizan21
Has anyone with a model year with exception that is exhibiting these issues tried reaching out to Lexus corporate and seeing if they are willing to do anything? I have an 07 that I took to the dealer and they said my lower instrument panel, glove box and console are covered, but none of the doors/dash. The dash honestly isn't bad, but ALL the doors are exhibiting the melting/sticky issue and I feel like they should be covered.

Those parts got covered under the last program that expired in 17 or 18. You must have a early 07 model. Good luck they usually won't budge on those parts. So either you are previous owner missed that program.
The following users liked this post:
sha4000 (06-30-20)
Old 07-01-20, 03:42 PM
WoodyTx
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WoodyTx
I wasn’t smart enough to ask while I was on the phone, too dumbfounded to get the “ everything is here except 2 pieces” statement! I think they approved me for everything because my conversation we had when he took pictures was that I didn’t think I needed the dash, he responded and said, get it all done now because you might not get it later! So will let you know how it turns out next weekend! The one concern I have is that my interior is a light gray and my spec sheet on lexusdrivers states that my interior is dark stone?
Just picked up my 2007 from Clear Lake Lexus near Houston! Everything came out great! New glovebox, console parts, door panels, dash! It looks great! The only issue that I had was the very sticky door handles, and they were dirty where you put your hands to open and close the doors! I’m missing two pieces, driver’s side door and under dash part which is under the steering wheel! I’m happy with the door handles, because the rest of it looked new! The only drawback now is not knowing how long it will take to get these 2 parts in, especially the sticky drivers door handle, which is sticky and has a couple of hairline cracks!
Old 07-03-20, 11:36 AM
wwrick
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As of this week, I have not received a notice from Lexus concerning this program. I did however take my car (2013 GS350) to the dealer this week to talk about Recalls and learned about it at that time. They will order the materials (did not tell me what materials) and call me when they are ready to do the work.
Old 07-03-20, 12:50 PM
mdpresco
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

wwrick
Make sure the dealer has a record of the conversation in your vehicle's file otherwise they will claim it didn't happen and you will not get the parts.
Old 07-06-20, 12:49 PM
Bugdad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 LS460 Base

Just took my car in for inspection and the submitted the claim. Here's to hoping something happens before too long. Dealer said that it might take longer due to current pandemic situation. Oh well nothing to lose.

Anyone have tips to expedite?
Old 07-06-20, 01:41 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Talking

[QUOTE.Anyone have tips to expedite?[/QUOTE]

Maybe pray?
Old 07-06-20, 05:44 PM
Protholl
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 144 Posts

Well I can chime in that Lexus is taking care of my 2008 LS460 (non-LWB). When I brought it in to get the repairs for the dashboard "triangle of death" (ABS/Traction Control/VDC) I asked about the panels. I'm not sure if that 2K repair smoothed things a bit but I just got my car back from Lexus today for replacement of "some panels". They replaced just about everything except the driver's door, the console/glovebox surround and the trim below the dash in the driver's compartment. She looks like new! I wish good luck to the rest of you getting yours replaced because I'm really happy with mine.
Old 07-14-20, 05:25 PM
amk3rd
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kizan21

So another update to the last one, month or so ago. Dealer told me all should be replaced if Lexus approves it, like others on this thread Lexus did not approve it. Dealer didn't tell me, long story. So what was replaced was the center console front and back and the lower dash. Feel like i was played by the dealer. Anyway i called Lexus Corp. I am the 3rd owner, and was told i missed the boat on my car. That the owner at the time didn't take it to dealer at all during the recall. I kindly asked to escalate it up the line. Waiting for a call from someone tomorrow. They changed things i didn't feel needed changing. The parts that do, weren't. I'll take as far as i can. Got nothing to lose, see if they stand by the product or not. What does it matter? The car is still on the road and in great condition, fix then or fix now, low milage great shape. We'll see what happens.
Old 07-14-20, 05:30 PM
amk3rd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WoodyTx
I purchased a 2007 LS460 with 153k miles from Sterling McCall Lexus Clear Lake in Nov 2019. It was a one owner care, very well taken care of vehicle and serviced regularly by the above named dealer, or a Toyota Dealer in NC. Most of these miles were highway miles. I asked about the sticky door handles and was told about the ZLZ Program. They inspected the car and I was approved! No word since then, but looked at my notes and LexusDrivers site and saw that original owner inquired about it in Feb/2019. I talked to Service Director 3 days ago, he said that someone would call me back very soon. Today I get a call from Kevin, he informed me that everything was in except for 2 pieces and I’m scheduled for install Monday morning! I’m very happy, but a little perturbed at the same time! I don’t think this would have happened if I hadn’t spoken up! So please make the phone call if your stuff is sticky and it’s been a while. You never know, good things may happen!
Mine is an 07 as well. They told me the same all the way up to the install, then oh sorry Lexus didn't approve the dash. When i called Lexus and look closely at the form it states "Potentially eligible"
But my vin isn't. Keep us up on how it works for you. Might help in the escalation I just started with Lexus.
Thanks
Old 07-15-20, 04:59 AM
Mitleider
Driver

Received 81 Likes on 29 Posts

Thank you, thank you! Had it not been for this site and all of your input, I would never have known about this campaign and it’s guidelines. New interior panels have been ordered by my dealer, they could not have been more helpful. Clearly the Lexus brand is defined in part by its selection of high quality materials and this gaffe could have been damagjng had it not been for the factory to step in and do the right thing!
Old 07-15-20, 06:09 AM
johnnyg66
Racer

Thats tough the very first 07's had a early campaign for the dash and doors. Too bad the owner at that time didn't take advantage. Now they have moved on to the older ones. I was lucky enough to still get the dash the first time but didn't realize the doors could have been done too. Keep trying maybe you will get it.
Old 07-16-20, 08:11 AM
amk3rd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by johnnyg66
Thats tough the very first 07's had a early campaign for the dash and doors. Too bad the owner at that time didn't take advantage. Now they have moved on to the older ones. I was lucky enough to still get the dash the first time but didn't realize the doors could have been done too. Keep trying maybe you will get it.

Update, spoke to Lexus Corp today. They aren't budging. That's it. Need to get this out to all owners that are still eligible, have all of them have the repairs done. I'll just keep a dash cover on it. They told me I'm more than welcome to go ahead and get it repaired at my own cost. Cheeky devils.
Old 07-16-20, 09:12 AM
johnnyg66
Racer

Originally Posted by amk3rd
Update, spoke to Lexus Corp today. They aren't budging. That's it. Need to get this out to all owners that are still eligible, have all of them have the repairs done. I'll just keep a dash cover on it. They told me I'm more than welcome to go ahead and get it repaired at my own cost. Cheeky devils.
Had a feeling but they use the fact they had an earlier replacement program they did for our early models.

Quick Reply: Sticky/cracked interior panel customer support program notification - ZLZ