LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Sticky/cracked interior panel customer support program notification - ZLZ

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-20, 04:48 AM
mdpresco
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Did you present them with any paperwork like the ZLD or ZLZ recall from Lexus?
Old 11-16-20, 07:12 AM
lgirard50
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lgirard50
My Canadian car spent 12 winters in Florida, no ZLZ or otherwise program up here by Lexus Canada and this is what you end up on a 70,000 mile car.

Thank-you for the replies JohnnyG, AZ,HOW.
As this is a Canadian car I've owned since 2015, no ZLZ or other enhanced program provided by Lexus Canada and on another note, the dealer did contact me for the fuel leak recall issued in 2015.

Responses from Lexus Canada regarding the recent ZLZ USA program or otherwise are that; Lexus Canada is a separate business entity vehicle specifications and/or options, warranty periods, ECP, maintenance requirements and service campaigns will be different including validity, recalls and warranty enhancements. Then they go on to state that campaigns are VIN specific and determine when and where the vehicle was manufactured and what group of parts were used. When a defective part is discovered within a certain production period on the line, only the VINS within that period will be recalled.
I understand the different entity but difficult to accept different programs from Lexus and yes, Canadian VIN are different to identify Canada but sarcastically, I'm sure Canadian cars are made with different parts on this same production line....com'on!

The wood is cracked below door window and center console but no program here.

I've have the same experience with a local dealer, US TSB issued to fix loose loose exterior mirrors (change two nuts) but the dealer said, 'This is 'Canadian spec' car, not the same as US model, need to change both mirrors! I got the mirrors fixed in the US under TSB, 2 hours of work $250, very professional service there!
Old 11-19-20, 06:18 AM
mukarram
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default March 31, 2021 Lexus Warranty Enhancement for interior

Hello

I was wondering with regards to ZLZ Lexus Warranty enhancement program covers the following interior components: (dashboard) instrument panel, front and rear door trim panels, lower instrument panel, console box front and read, glove box, l depending on the model and the year. Does any one know what the deadline of March 31, 2021 means? is it the date by which the car has to be seen by the daler so that dealer has to file a warranty claim with the corporate for repair approval or is the date that the work has to be completed by? With only few more months to go, I am curious what the deadline means.

Thank you.

Raza
Old 11-19-20, 06:29 AM
mukarram
Driver School Candidate

Interesting, on the drivers.lexus, it does not have the history of when the car was brought in for evaluation but it was because I got the parts replaced recently.
Old 11-19-20, 08:13 AM
bigrobphil
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdpresco
Did you present them with any paperwork like the ZLD or ZLZ recall from Lexus?
Yes I printed off the warranty enhancement papers and showed my Service Advisor that my car qualified, and I even parked my car in the sun for a few hours beforehand and scratched up the panels that were sticky but didnt look bad just to be sure they would qualify with the pictures they took to send to corporate Once I showed SA paperwork and saw that my year and vin qualified it was really easy. They made appt 2 days later to take pictures, ordered parts that day, and had them in and installed within 2 weeks later. Was shocked at how easy it was.

Lexus of Birmingham has really gone above and beyone, so anyone in the southeast who has had trouble with their dealer may want to consider the drive and see if bham lexus can help you out.
Old 11-19-20, 08:21 AM
mukarram
Driver School Candidate

Does the work have to completed by March 31, 2021 or does it have to be seen by dealer by that date or approved by Lexus corporate by that date?
Old 11-19-20, 10:55 AM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

I would assume the March deadline is the date by which you need to have the approval from Lexus and the work can happen after that. Just my $.02.
Old 11-19-20, 12:09 PM
mukarram
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for quick response.
Old 12-04-20, 10:04 AM
user 710812323
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Pretty pleased to post that my ZLZ parts are in! I think I'm getting all but the rear center console replaced. I think that should have been included, because why not?
My appointment is next tuesday. Hopefully it all goes well.
The following users liked this post:
mukarram (12-04-20)
Old 12-04-20, 11:22 AM
mukarram
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Schiben
Pretty pleased to post that my ZLZ parts are in! I think I'm getting all but the rear center console replaced. I think that should have been included, because why not?
My appointment is next tuesday. Hopefully it all goes well.
Hi
I got the four door panels replaced. My car's dashboard or the area around the instrument panel was good so they did not replace them as it did not need replacing.

However, my front center console lid has serious issues but they said that the front center console cover lid was not part of the campaign. Are they replacing your the cover lid of the front center console?
Old 12-04-20, 02:27 PM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

FYI, my front console lid was not replaced.
Old 12-04-20, 05:44 PM
user 710812323
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mukarram
Hi
I got the four door panels replaced. My car's dashboard or the area around the instrument panel was good so they did not replace them as it did not need replacing.

However, my front center console lid has serious issues but they said that the front center console cover lid was not part of the campaign. Are they replacing your the cover lid of the front center console?
No. That part isn't listed on the ZLZ document I've seen. Mine is worn some too.
I've read that some have been lucky enough to get it replaced. I think that situation is not very likely and might be just a good will type thing from the dealership.
Old 12-05-20, 01:29 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

My center console lid was replaced. I was surprised. Guess its hit or miss.
Old 12-05-20, 04:03 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

My lid was replaced even though it looked as good or better than new one because it had more padding. Not complaining though since the overall results of replacing all of the ZLZ items are fantastic.

Last edited by Silverpaws; 12-10-20 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-09-20, 06:00 PM
user 710812323
Pit Crew

A little bummed. Not all pieces are were in. Glove box, below the steering wheel and the sides of the center console were replaced.The doors have been on order since Feb but weren't in yet. They didn't replace the tan parts on both sides of the nav display, which looks weird. The service seemed to be quality though. Looks like everything fits well.

Quick Reply: Sticky/cracked interior panel customer support program notification - ZLZ