LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Please help: Brake Actuator round 2 and Brake Pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-19, 12:13 PM
texaslocal
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Please help: Brake Actuator round 2 and Brake Pump

Hey guys, so I started hearing a sound coming from my 2014 LS 460 (49k miles) brake system after the car comes to a complete stop. It was kind of strange because it would only make the sound after the car was at a complete halt. Keep in mind the front rotors were replaced about 6 months ago and the ABS actuator was replaced a year ago under factory warranty.

I took the car to the dealership to diagnose this current problem just before the holidays and got a loaner. They called me today to say the Brake Pump and ABS actuator need to be replaced. They said the brake pump failing led to the ABS actuator failing again. They’ve called Lexus Corporate to find out if they will cover it was a good will gesture, but won’t hear back until early next week.

My question for you all is: Is it possible that the brake pump did indeed cause the ABS failure? I know there’s been long standing ABS issues with the LS, but I haven’t heard much about the pump.

Any advice you can provide would be appreciated. I love the LS, but facing a $3000-4000 annual brake bill is starting to concern me since I was hoping to keep this car for a few more years.
Old 01-06-19, 01:42 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 213 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by texaslocal
Hey guys, so I started hearing a sound coming from my 2014 LS 460 (49k miles) brake system after the car comes to a complete stop. It was kind of strange because it would only make the sound after the car was at a complete halt. Keep in mind the front rotors were replaced about 6 months ago and the ABS actuator was replaced a year ago under factory warranty.

I took the car to the dealership to diagnose this current problem just before the holidays and got a loaner. They called me today to say the Brake Pump and ABS actuator need to be replaced. They said the brake pump failing led to the ABS actuator failing again. They’ve called Lexus Corporate to find out if they will cover it was a good will gesture, but won’t hear back until early next week.

My question for you all is: Is it possible that the brake pump did indeed cause the ABS failure? I know there’s been long standing ABS issues with the LS, but I haven’t heard much about the pump.

Any advice you can provide would be appreciated. I love the LS, but facing a $3000-4000 annual brake bill is starting to concern me since I was hoping to keep this car for a few more years.
someone else might address your issue but going to the dealer for diagnostic is ok at best why not find a good independant shop?
Old 01-06-19, 03:54 PM
texaslocal
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanielca

someone else might address your issue but going to the dealer for diagnostic is ok at best why not find a good independant shop?
Well I took it to the dealer because the ABS actuator was replaced under warranty and I’m hoping they’ll replace it again since it’s only been a year. The brake pump is a new issue so I will be calling an independent shop to get their thoughts.
Old 01-06-19, 09:07 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 213 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by texaslocal

Well I took it to the dealer because the ABS actuator was replaced under warranty and I’m hoping they’ll replace it again since it’s only been a year. The brake pump is a new issue so I will be calling an independent shop to get their thoughts.
good stuff, let us know how it goes. it is very odd that it fails within a year.... poor install?