LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460-2013 clock not accurate

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-20 | 08:40 AM
bigsherv
Intermediate

So it has been three days and my clock seems to be working normal again. What I did was change the battery and left the battery unplugged for 15 minutes.

I had noticed the the car was starting to have to work a little harder to start and also every time someone opened a door the car would say the key was not in range.

I am hoping this does it and now it will be good for years to come.
Old 01-23-20 | 09:59 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Could very well be the case
Old 01-23-20 | 10:05 AM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Damn it. Drove to work and it was 30 minutes fast. Now I am going to have to get it looked at.
Old 04-06-20 | 12:18 AM
Chuy19
Driver School Candidate

Default LS460 clock not accurate.

Originally Posted by bigsherv
Damn it. Drove to work and it was 30 minutes fast. Now I am going to have to get it looked at.
bigsherv,
I just bought a 2014 Lexus LS460 and I'm having the exact same issue you were having. I did all the mentioned things in this thread to adjust the clock and every single time I get back on it to drive it, it shows a different time. Did you ever figure out what was the problem??? Any suggestions??? Thanks.
Old 04-06-20 | 02:31 PM
bigsherv
Intermediate

I found out my third party warranty covers the clock mins the deductible so after the plague is over I am going to take it in.
Old 04-06-20 | 03:49 PM
Chuy19
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigsherv
I found out my third party warranty covers the clock mins the deductible so after the plague is over I am going to take it in.
Thanks bigsherv, please keep me updated in what the issue is and cost. I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-14-21 | 02:56 PM
jasone36
Instructor

Hi everyone,

Did anyone ultimately resolve the clock issue?

I am also having the issue in my 2013 LS460, where the clock will (randomly) be off by many hours, even after setting it manually.

I have tried the auto setting, manual setting, etc.

Only caveat in my particular instance is that the vehicle is rarely driven these days, and is mostly parked in a subterranean storage unit, with brief glimpses of GPS / satellite signals, during the occasional trip to "stretch its legs", so to speak.

It seems even if I set the clock to manual mode, which seemingly means it shouldn't need a satellite signal, I still get the clock problem with it being off by many hours.

The car battery is basically brand new.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
Old 02-14-21 | 03:05 PM
bigsherv
Intermediate

if you unplug the battery for a while it will make you think it is fixed. Ultimately you will have to actually replace the clock. Wish I had better news.

Originally Posted by jasone36
Hi everyone,

Did anyone ultimately resolve the clock issue?

I am also having the issue in my 2013 LS460, where the clock will (randomly) be off by many hours, even after setting it manually.

I have tried the auto setting, manual setting, etc.

Only caveat in my particular instance is that the vehicle is rarely driven these days, and is mostly parked in a subterranean storage unit, with brief glimpses of GPS / satellite signals, during the occasional trip to "stretch its legs", so to speak.

It seems even if I set the clock to manual mode, which seemingly means it shouldn't need a satellite signal, I still get the clock problem with it being off by many hours.

The car battery is basically brand new.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
Old 02-15-21 | 11:02 AM
Chuy19
Driver School Candidate

Jasonne36,

Unfortunately you are going to have to replace it. The clock for the years 2013-2015 was defective, Lexus fixed the issue with the new clocks for the 2016-2017 models and thus needs to be replace with the new clocks from those models years, which is also a new part number. Apparently back in 2015 and early 2016, Lexus was fixing this issue for free. I replaced the clock my self, it was not too difficult after finding a youtube video that helped me out even though the video was for something totally different than replacing the clock. The clock will set you back about $400 at the dealer, but I found it for less than $200 on eBay. Sorry for the bad news and how much it can potentially cost you. Here is the new part # 83910-50082. And the link of the youtube video that helped me replace it. Good luck!
Old 02-15-21 | 06:13 PM
jasone36
Instructor

Thank you very much @bigsherv and @Chuy19 , particularly for the item number and insight from the people with experience.

It's definitely disappointing that the flagship sedan for Lexus for the longest time would develop this rather pedestrian problem.

Thanks again!
Old 02-16-21 | 09:47 PM
Chuy19
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jasone36
Thank you very much @bigsherv and @Chuy19 , particularly for the item number and insight from the people with experience.

It's definitely disappointing that the flagship sedan for Lexus for the longest time would develop this rather pedestrian problem.

Thanks again!
I know your frustration, but unfortunately the previous owners could have had this issue fixed free of charge. Now we are left to foot the bill to replace the clock, unless it doesn't annoys you that it will never be set at the correct time. Frankly, if you can find the clock at lower price than the dealer and watch the video I posted several times, you'll have no problem replacing it. I saw the video like 3 times and once I felt I knew what to do, it took me like 30 minutes to do it. If you do end up doing it your self, I do recommend getting some of those panel removing tools. Whether you buy them or loan them from an auto parts store, they're very handy in accomplishing the job. Again sorry for the bad news and good luck if you do it your self.
Old 02-22-21 | 11:18 AM
jasone36
Instructor

thanks again @Chuy19 , appreciate the follow up.
Old 02-24-21 | 12:05 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

My 2014 doesn't change the clock time for DST (yes, all the settings are correct). I just do it manually twice a year!
Old 02-24-21 | 01:46 PM
jmcraney

Originally Posted by sktn77a
My 2014 doesn't change the clock time for DST (yes, all the settings are correct). I just do it manually twice a year!
Did you expect that it would change without any input from you? As far as I can remember, my '14 LS460 required an input from me to enable and disable DST but I am not absolutely sure.
Old 03-22-21 | 11:39 AM
hfahmy
Instructor

Default Clock kicked in again

Just purchased 2013 LS460L with 72K miles from a Lexus dealer. Checked service records before buying it and saw that the previous owner complained about the clock not maintaining accurate time in 2019. No further details on the records, dealer confirmed that clock was not replaced. When I test drove the car, clock was working perfectly fine and had accurate time.

After test drive, dealer changed the battery because it did not pass test. Took car home and started experiencing clock going fast about 45 mins per day. I watched it for few days, did some research, came across this thread and learned about the TSB/clock defect in the 2013/2014. models. Ended up buying a new clock assembly to replaced it myself.

The day I ordered the clock, went out to the car and found that it was way behind and thought that it is completely dead. I turn the car to accessory mode in the garage and behold it adjusts itself to the proper time as if it all of a sudden received GPS signal... had been spot on for more than a week now...

Any clues what is going on? When I did my research, i found that changing battery was a common theme in many cases...

Quick Reply: LS460-2013 clock not accurate