LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2007 lexus ls460l air suspension is at very top! Can I reset it

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-19, 01:44 PM
Timarm
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2007 lexus ls460l air suspension is at very top! Can I reset it

Hey fellas, I woke up this morning got in my car and the suspension is as high as it can go the car drives like a Mack truck and it's flashing check suspension.

it's -10 Celsius here in Canada and I'm wondering if that had something to do with it this is never been a problem before does anyone know how to reset the system I've already tried to reset through ODB clear all codes and also pulling the battery it's absolutely a misery to drive please someone help me
Old 01-17-19, 04:21 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

i assume you have tried fiddling around with it in comfort, sport. normal? and heigh high and normal?
Old 01-17-19, 08:53 PM
Timarm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jdanielca
i assume you have tried fiddling around with it in comfort, sport. normal? and heigh high and normal?
Yes and nothing pulled battery etc. Nothing
Old 01-17-19, 10:25 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Timarm
Yes and nothing pulled battery etc. Nothing
hmmmm I wonder there must be a suspension ecu if I could find it I would pull the fuse on it after I disconnect both battery terminals as well as the main ecu fuse the leave it off for a good 30-40 mins the fuse back reconnect best thing I can think of.

Unless you have techstream I am sure there’s a fix there. But I don’t have it so can’t advise. Let us know that happens good luck
Old 01-18-19, 05:43 AM
Timarm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jdanielca

hmmmm I wonder there must be a suspension ecu if I could find it I would pull the fuse on it after I disconnect both battery terminals as well as the main ecu fuse the leave it off for a good 30-40 mins the fuse back reconnect best thing I can think of.

Unless you have techstream I am sure there’s a fix there. But I don’t have it so can’t advise. Let us know that happens good luck
Thanks a really appreciate any help. So I'll try that can you maybe tell me where that migjt be?
Old 01-18-19, 06:07 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Thanks a really appreciate any help. So I'll try that can you maybe tell me where that migjt be?
i have no clue myself I know the fuses are in the engine bay but this car has some many fuses the book will show you which fuse if which maybe someone more knowledgable will chime in and tell you if what I’ve suggested would even be useful
Old 01-18-19, 06:39 AM
Timarm
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I hope so too as of now it's a monster truck drives like absolute crap every bump even a dime for crying out loud
Old 01-18-19, 08:23 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 295 Likes on 253 Posts

Yeah I hope so too as of now it's a monster truck drives like absolute crap every bump even a dime for crying out loud
Hope McKellyB responds to your pleas! He is the resident air suspension expert with intimate knowledge of the system. You can search for his posts on this topic for some insights. I recall he had a similar issue when he was messing around using Techstream. You can also try PMing McKellyB. Good luck.

Here's a link to all the threads started by McKellyb. Many of them are related to the air suspension. Check them out.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...rchid=20367502
The following users liked this post:
mckellyb (01-20-19)
Old 01-18-19, 03:05 PM
Timarm
Driver School Candidate

Great news I took it to a mechanic buddy of mine it was slow today so I spent a bunch of hours with him and found out that it was just a bad faulty wiring on one of the units fixed it for about a hundred bucks now the car drives like a dream again
Old 01-18-19, 03:13 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

In what specific unit?
Old 01-19-19, 08:25 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

You mentioned you cleared the codes through the OBD. What codes did you have?
Old 01-20-19, 04:49 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

Oh, no.

"Resident expert"...that's the kiss of death, right there.

I've found, there are really only two ways to diagnose this system, one for hardware, one for software.

Software = Techstream There's no way around this, if you want to keep it OEM.

Hardware = start taking stuff apart

I'd wager the damaged wiring was near a rear corner's height sending unit. It's a rheostat with an arm attached to the control arm while the main body of the component rides on a fixed part of the chassis. A simple, but critical, piece.

The suspension's mechanical design is fairly simple and straightforward. Now, the combo of physical and computerized aspects of this suspension design...that's another kettle of fish.

Timarm, I'm glad you got it sorted, and for next to nothing, money-wise!
Old 01-20-19, 11:39 AM
Timarm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 305Busa
You mentioned you cleared the codes through the OBD. What codes did you have?
So a friend of mine who's a machanic has a 7000 scanner when he hooked it up it showed the driver side height sensor showed 0 and all the others were 7.4 etc so this caused the air ride pump to run constant to attempt to make the driver side sensor reach equal levels. So when he pulled the sonsir and tried it on the right side passamger it registered a reading. Then cleaned the terminals where the faulty side was..that didn't change things. So then followed the wires back to the computer located behind the globe box on the right side. Then after 2 hours he then went back to the sensor location on the driver side and and with a very bright led light and noticed in the actual female receptivle a coroded wire almost impossible to see..he swapped out the wire reinserted the male sensor plug and it then be an to show a readimg! Now keep in mind before I got there I was just considered getting the strutmasters air ride alternative So as of now all is great and she rides great again
I hope this helps someone and saves a bunch of money at the same time
The following 2 users liked this post by Timarm:
mckellyb (01-20-19), sha4000 (01-20-19)
Old 01-20-19, 03:23 PM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

Thank you for the detailed follow-up!
Old 01-20-19, 03:32 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position