LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Dont forget to replace the Brake Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-19, 12:02 PM
Kuhan
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

I brought the LS in for an alignment today at the dealership where I bought the car. I figured to have them the brake fluid flush as well. They told me $150 for alignment and $90 for brake fluid flush. I was like wow that’s cheap for brake fluid flush. Well all they did was using one bottle and probably sip the old fluid out of the reservoir and refilled it. I was pissed as I could have done it myself. After they went and talked to the tech, they said it’s $360 for the proper flush.

Another reason why I hate having someone else working on my cars.

I will flush the system using Techstream next spring.

So the poster saying $100 for brake flush flush at Toyota dealership is not correct. They probably did the same, just sip and fill the reservoir.
Old 09-30-19, 07:49 PM
RayLS
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhan
I brought the LS in for an alignment today at the dealership where I bought the car. I figured to have them the brake fluid flush as well. They told me $150 for alignment and $90 for brake fluid flush. I was like wow that’s cheap for brake fluid flush. Well all they did was using one bottle and probably sip the old fluid out of the reservoir and refilled it. I was pissed as I could have done it myself. After they went and talked to the tech, they said it’s $360 for the proper flush.

So the poster saying $100 for brake flush flush at Toyota dealership is not correct. They probably did the same, just sip and fill the reservoir.
WOW. $360 for a brake fluid flush?
I paid $156.95 + tax at a Lexus dealership (special online offer)
Spoke with SA prior to service and I was assured it's a flush using Techstream.
Receipt says one bottle only and the fluid looked new.

I checked the old fluid color prior to service. It was darker.

108826 MILES
DATE: 07/05/2019
REPAIR# 0051910
REPORTED BY: Lexus of Riverside
SERVICE: PERFORMED BRAKE FLUID FLUSH.
DESCRIPTION: PERFORMED BRAKE FLUID FLUSH. ~|~GUEST STATES PLEASE PERFORM BRAKE FLUID FLUSH SPECIAL - ONLINE COUPON $156.95+TAX ~|~BRAKE FLUID FLUSH REQUESTED BY GUEST ~|~PERFORMED BRAKE FLUID FLUSH.
The following users liked this post:
NotFasty (10-01-19)
Old 05-23-20, 04:03 PM
Kuhan
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ALK
Definitely 2 person .
I did the brake fluid flush today using the old way and with Techstream. I was actual a bit concerned using Techstream to bleed the brake for the first time. So I leave it as plan b.

First attempt I tried the old way with Motive Bleeder and it was bleeding fluid out of the front brakes without any issues. However, the rears were unsuccessful. I got about 300 ml of old fluid out and then keep getting air in the line without any fluid coming out. At that time, I was like darn it. Looked like I have to use Techstream to active the rears after all. I watched a couple YouTube videos of people using Techstream to bleed air. And it looked straightforward.

So I fired up Techstream and went through the process. It was so easy to do. I didn’t even need the Motive brake bleeder!

This is a 2 person process or one with a bottle.
I did by myself using this Genesis brake fluid bottle. You can have a homemade one too. You can find how make sure on YouTube.

I used three bottles total. I used a transfer hand pump to suck about 200-300 ml old fluid from the reservoir and then filled with new fluid.

This is my setup with Motive brake bleeder. And then I used Techstream to do the rears.

Last edited by Kuhan; 05-23-20 at 04:08 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kuhan:
ALK (05-24-20), sha4000 (05-23-20)
Old 02-16-21, 10:31 AM
GreggyG
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Kuhan,
Thank you for your help. Can you explain what the tech stream had you do. I've used it many times for other things but for some reason this process intimidates me. I've read through so many instructions from the manuals but I remain confused. Even by things like "Air bleeding with the tech stream cannot be performed when the engine switch is on (IG)" but doesn't it have to be on to communicate with the tech stream? Also, are we supposed to unplug the 2 connectors on the accumulator pump? Do I have my son sit in the car with doors closed, windows down and push the pedal when techstream says to while I'm opening and closing the bleeder valves at each caliper? I'm sorry but I need help!