LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Good mechanic DFW

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-19, 06:14 PM
ChongBob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good mechanic DFW

Hello everyone! I’m brand spanking new to the site, been lurking for a week because I’ve just purchased a 2008 LS 460. I’ve purchased the upper control arms from figs engineering and gotten lower control arms from Moog. Does anyone here know of any good mechanics that will install them for me? I live in Arlington but anywhere in DFW is great! Thank is advance.
Old 02-15-19, 08:40 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Hi and welcome.

I used to to take my Lexus to the dealer, but found TLS Automotive Repaird in Euless on highway 10.

Owner used to to work for Toyota. You should give him a chance by calling and making an apt to talk with him. This is what I did and he took the time to explain his answers to my questions.

Good luck. And keep us updated on how you like your car.
The following users liked this post:
ChongBob (02-15-19)
Old 02-15-19, 09:25 PM
ChongBob
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cubbylex
Hi and welcome.

I used to to take my Lexus to the dealer, but found TLS Automotive Repaird in Euless on highway 10.

Owner used to to work for Toyota. You should give him a chance by calling and making an apt to talk with him. This is what I did and he took the time to explain his answers to my questions.

Good luck. And keep us updated on how you like your car.

Thanks man, I appreciate the suggestion!
Old 02-17-19, 01:52 PM
burgdorf
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ChongBob
Hello everyone! I’m brand spanking new to the site, been lurking for a week because I’ve just purchased a 2008 LS 460. I’ve purchased the upper control arms from figs engineering and gotten lower control arms from Moog. Does anyone here know of any good mechanics that will install them for me? I live in Arlington but anywhere in DFW is great! Thank is advance.
I live in far north DFW and have also been looking for a good indy mechanic. I used to use Precision align in Mckinney (They used to be great) recently the last two services have been a nightmare, from missing bolts in the skid plate on our GX470 to just leaving a bolt in the upper control arm on my LS loose, less than finger tight, I do not plan to be back.
I tried contacting Davenport Motors in Plano which I saw a lot of CL members recommend in this area, however I was put off when my LS was at the dealer awaiting a brake actuator replacement, I called to get a quote from Davenport for replacement and the service rep I spoke to insisted I bring it in and pay their $100 plus inspection fee so they could ensure that was the problem. I explained in full detail the situation and the guy simply said you have to let us inspect and I don't give quotes over the phone you have to bring it in, he then tried selling me on the fact their hourly rate is this much vs the dealer rate and thats why we are cheaper. Anyone with recommendations I'm all ears, I know there are some good mechanics out there.
Old 02-18-19, 01:48 PM
pappy97
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Davenport Motors in Dallas and Plano. They specialize in Lexus and their mechanics used to work at Lexus dealers. They even have loaners for you to use!
Old 02-18-19, 09:35 PM
ChongBob
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pappy97
Davenport Motors in Dallas and Plano. They specialize in Lexus and their mechanics used to work at Lexus dealers. They even have loaners for you to use!
Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll give them a call tomorrow! I’m still waiting on TLS for an estimate also!
Old 02-18-19, 09:38 PM
burgdorf
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll give them a call tomorrow! I’m still waiting on TLS for an estimate also!
please inform if they provide a quote for your service I may try them again for service if you are successful.
Old 02-18-19, 10:23 PM
ChongBob
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by burgdorf

please inform if they provide a quote for your service I may try them again for service if you are successful.
I’ll be sure to update. I’ll probably get the run around too!
Old 02-19-19, 01:16 PM
ChongBob
Driver School Candidate

Looks like Davenport does not install parts that they do not sell, according to Jeff. The search continues!
Old 02-19-19, 01:29 PM
burgdorf
Driver School Candidate

Looks like Davenport does not install parts that they do not sell, according to Jeff. The search continues!
well that’s no fun, thanks for updating though. From what I saw when I talked with them it didn’t seem like you save that much by going to them instead of the dealer 50-75 an hour off of labor is not worth it unless you have a major job, and they probably make that back in parts mark up by selling only Toyota/Lexus brand parts