LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Rear control arm question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-19, 11:06 PM
Mikerx80
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Rear control arm question.

I bought a 2010 LS460 few months ago. Got it with a 3 month warranty. Within that time they had replaced the front control arms. As it’s now passed that period, I took it to my Indy to find that the rear control arms are bad...There are many posts of our control arms being weak and replacement required for them. Can somebody help me to the part as it is a bit confusing seeing 8 different pieces just for the front control arm. My mechanic just told me to get the ones with no ball joint which isn’t that clear to me. Some website links would be greatly appreciated. Also what is the cost of just labor and is an alignment required once it’s been completed. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike
Old 02-21-19, 08:56 PM
Mikerx80
Pole Position

Anyone that has input on this question, please chime in. Thanks.

Mike
Old 02-23-19, 01:49 PM
Mikerx80
Pole Position

Emailed Rockauto and not much help from there either. If anyone has experience changing out the rear control arms with no ball joints please provide some insight. Thanks!

Here’s the response from Rockauto:

Dear Mike,

We appreciate your interest in our products but we do not offer a service to look up parts for our customers. We do this because we trust that all the information needed to order correctly is already on our site.

To double check that a part will fit your vehicle, first locate the part by selecting your vehicle's year, make, model, and engine size in our catalog. Then, please read the part description associated with the part. As long as the details noted in the part description match your vehicle, the part will fit.

If you need further assistance, please see our Help page or click the links below:

Which part will fit my vehicle?
Does my vehicle have that feature?
Understanding Descriptions
Does "left" mean "driver's side" or "passenger's side"?

Thank you,

Dan
RockAuto Customer Service
Old 02-23-19, 02:36 PM
mdpresco
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

https://www.parts.com/index.cfm?fuse...6-%20Liter-GAS

Look at this diagram. There are upper rear and lower rear. #5 and #8 are the rear control arms on the front of the vehicle.

Last edited by mdpresco; 02-23-19 at 02:38 PM. Reason: add information
Old 02-23-19, 09:35 PM
Mikerx80
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mdpresco
https://www.parts.com/index.cfm?fuse...6-%20Liter-GAS

Look at this diagram. There are upper rear and lower rear. #5 and #8 are the rear control arms on the front of the vehicle.
I appreciate the feedback but I need control arms for the back of the car. The front control arms were done by dealer when I purchased it few months ago. What part would that be?
Old 02-24-19, 03:45 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

I think there are 4 arms on each side. Not counting the rear sway end link.

​​​​​​https://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.c...driveLine=8088
Old 02-25-19, 10:08 PM
Mikerx80
Pole Position

Originally Posted by johnnyg66
I think there are 4 arms on each side. Not counting the rear sway end link.

​​​​​​https://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.c...driveLine=8088
Spoke to my mechanic. He stated I need the lower rear/back control arms. Which part would that be on the diagram? And is that part interchangeable for driver and passenger side rear?
Old 02-26-19, 08:43 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

Go back to the dealer and tell them they failed to notice the back control arms. See what they'll do.
Old 02-26-19, 10:29 AM
Mikerx80
Pole Position

R Z, I wish it was easy as that. It took forever for them to approve the fix for the front control arms. Luckily I had a spare vehicle, they didn’t even offer a loaner. With a promise of a 150 checkpoint inspection and 3-month warranty, I was quite disappointed with the issues I have found with the control arms on my vehicle. Even the battery died after my purchase which I had them reimburse. It’s been 5 months and rather move on at this time.

If you got input for the lower rear control arms parts and cost of install. It would be greatly appreciated, sir.

Thanks.
Mike
Old 02-26-19, 12:19 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikerx80
R Z, I wish it was easy as that. It took forever for them to approve the fix for the front control arms. Luckily I had a spare vehicle, they didn’t even offer a loaner. With a promise of a 150 checkpoint inspection and 3-month warranty, I was quite disappointed with the issues I have found with the control arms on my vehicle. Even the battery died after my purchase which I had them reimburse. It’s been 5 months and rather move on at this time.

If you got input for the lower rear control arms parts and cost of install. It would be greatly appreciated, sir.

Thanks.
Mike
just go look at the febest website they show a diagram of which arms have joints which don’t and figure it out no one wants to spoof feed you here
Old 02-26-19, 06:40 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanielca

just go look at the febest website they show a diagram of which arms have joints which don’t and figure it out no one wants to spoof feed you here
I disagree with that statement. These guys have always spoon fed me and they don't mind guiding everyone on here. They've been great.
The following 2 users liked this post by fwhomeboy:
roadfrog (02-27-19), sha4000 (02-27-19)
Old 02-26-19, 07:03 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
I disagree with that statement. These guys have always spoon fed me and they don't mind guiding everyone on here. They've been great.
nice expecting people to give you all the info which has to be looked up anyways just because you are too lazy to go look nice good job there.
Old 02-26-19, 08:03 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

nice expecting people to give you all the info which has to be looked up anyways just because you are too lazy to go look nice good job there.
We all need some help sometimes. Even you Sir. Remember this...https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ic-pieces.html
Old 02-26-19, 08:10 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
We all need some help sometimes. Even you Sir. Remember this...https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ic-pieces.html
i think you fail to see the difference, I did my work as the person asking the question. I took photos, I’ve looked at diagrams, I just was not sure which exact piece that was. I did not ask people to spoon feed me information because I was too lazy to go look.

I basically gave him the route to the easiest diagram to look at which is located on the febest site. You decide to post some useless comment about loving being spoon fed. That’s your choice and they can choose to entertain you.
Old 02-26-19, 08:24 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

i think you fail to see the difference, I did my work as the person asking the question. I took photos, I’ve looked at diagrams, I just was not sure which exact piece that was. I did not ask people to spoon feed me information because I was too lazy to go look.

I basically gave him the route to the easiest diagram to look at which is located on the febest site. You decide to post some useless comment about loving being spoon fed. That’s your choice and they can choose to entertain you.
You asked for help. Someone gave you the diagram in post 3. Even armed with the diagram, you still needed help finding the right part number. No problem. It happens to all of us. All I'm saying is, be patient with the guys who needs help?

Quick Reply: Rear control arm question.