LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

In a pinch some laundry detergent will do - clean your leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-19, 08:56 AM
Hojo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather cleaner

[QUOTE=jdanielca;10451011]
so it’s cold here and being in Ukraine I have not gotten around to importing the stuff I need to do a proper detail of my leather and interior. When there was a break in the weather I decided to give the leather a proper wipe down. I forgot to take pics of the seats but will do it later.

My leather was a bit shiny. Wiping them down did nothing.,I was a bit tired of it.

I use a brand of sensitive washing detergent figure it is kinda like woolite, result = it works just fine would have worked much better if I had an unused horse or boars hair brush.

3 micro fiber towels: Warm water a bit of woolite or similar, soak, wring, wipe and wipe off with warm wet towel and wipe dry with another. The disgusting shine is gone, it’s not mat like you see in car detailing photos but close enough for now. I finished off with aerospace 303 which leaves a tiny bit of shine, I’ll try something else next time but for now. I know the leather is clean enough for the time being
try using Mr clean majic eraser And Murphys oil soap. Trust will make like new.
Old 03-02-19, 11:00 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 213 Likes on 191 Posts

[QUOTE=Hojo;10455403]
Originally Posted by jdanielca

so it’s cold here and being in Ukraine I have not gotten around to importing the stuff I need to do a proper detail of my leather and interior. When there was a break in the weather I decided to give the leather a proper wipe down. I forgot to take pics of the seats but will do it later.

My leather was a bit shiny. Wiping them down did nothing.,I was a bit tired of it.

I use a brand of sensitive washing detergent figure it is kinda like woolite, result = it works just fine would have worked much better if I had an unused horse or boars hair brush.

3 micro fiber towels: Warm water a bit of woolite or similar, soak, wring, wipe and wipe off with warm wet towel and wipe dry with another. The disgusting shine is gone, it’s not mat like you see in car detailing photos but close enough for now. I finished off with aerospace 303 which leaves a tiny bit of shine, I’ll try something else next time but for now. I know the leather is clean enough for the time being
try using Mr clean majic eraser And Murphys oil soap. Trust will make like new.
nice will try thanks