LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

B19a1 air bag light on safty restraint System (srs)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-19 | 10:34 AM
LS460Lex
Rookie

Default B19a1 air bag light on safty restraint System (srs)

Recently got in the car and had an Air Bag light come on. Had it at the dealer in Woodfield last week Wednesday for a calibration update. Light came on Saturday.

code is B19A1 (dealer said it’s passenger side) and it is driverside headrest I understand but it comes on right away. I have cleared it a few times but now it just keeps coming back.

is there a quick fix to this? I know I should disconnect the air bag fuse when ever dealing with air bags or pulling the negative cable. But what should I do and where should I find the issue? Looked everywhere on line but nada.

Last edited by LS460Lex; 03-19-19 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-15-19 | 12:13 PM
Trblpinoy1
Driver School Candidate

Did you get anywhere on this issue? I have a 2010 with sport package. I have a srs light that comes on randomly. I have taken it to the dealer a few times and they find nothing. I have a warranty until feb and would like to have it fixed by then. The dealer says that it is a 1 trip logic system and it resets each time the car is turned on. and each time it is turned off the code disappears. I also took it straight to the dealer with the light still on and they still cannot diagnose it.

Originally Posted by LS460Lex

Recently got in the car and had an Air Bag light come on. Had it at the dealer in Woodfield last week Wednesday for a calibration update. Light came on Saturday.

code is B19A1 (dealer said it’s passenger side) and it is driverside headrest I understand but it comes on right away. I have cleared it a few times but now it just keeps coming back.

is there a quick fix to this? I know I should disconnect the air bag fuse when ever dealing with air bags or pulling the negative cable. But what should I do and where should I find the issue? Looked everywhere on line but nada.