LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

steering rack issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-19, 10:14 AM
Frotus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering rack issues

Where can i find/buy a good second hand steering rack with air suspension for my 2007 Lexus LS460 L?
Old 03-13-19, 10:27 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Frotus
Where can i find/buy a good second hand steering rack with air suspension for my 2007 Lexus LS460 L?
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...nd+pinion,7388
Old 03-13-19, 02:47 PM
terminater
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I just went through this search myself and ended up buying a used rack from a salvage yard. I used car-part.com to search. Good luck because there are not many used ones out there and new prices are insane!
Old 03-14-19, 06:47 AM
Frotus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by terminater
I just went through this search myself and ended up buying a used rack from a salvage yard. I used car-part.com to search. Good luck because there are not many used ones out there and new prices are insane!
Thanks for providing the website car-part, new ones are insane prices with 3 kids to feed. Im going to keep searching for a salvage part.

I just ordered a new ecu module power steering because the dealer told me one or the other is defected.

Old 03-14-19, 06:51 AM
Frotus
Driver School Candidate

Rockauto cant give me enough information that this part will fit for sure. Part description says that its for my car and with air suspension, but info on the website it doesnt look like my steering rack. The picture shown of the AC DELCO part on Rockauto is not the same as the OEM on my car.

Does anybody has experience with this AC DELCO refurbished Steering rack ?
Old 03-14-19, 07:09 AM
terminater
Pit Crew

Thanks for providing the website car-part, new ones are insane prices with 3 kids to feed. Im going to keep searching for a salvage part.

I just ordered a new ecu module power steering because the dealer told me one or the other is defected.
No problem! I couldn't find a refurbished one anywhere. I still have not installed my used rack yet. I'm not 100% my issue is the rack. I might try to replace the ECU first as that is much easier!
Can you give me more details on your car? What are the symptoms? How many miles are on your car? What year is it? Do you know what caused the issue? Did the shop tell you what codes they pulled?
Old 03-14-19, 07:13 AM
terminater
Pit Crew

Rockauto cant give me enough information that this part will fit for sure. Part description says that its for my car and with air suspension, but info on the website it doesnt look like my steering rack. The picture shown of the AC DELCO part on Rockauto is not the same as the OEM on my car.

I'm not sure you're trying to buy the same part I was, but before you waste too much time on Rockauto, try adding it to your cart and seeing if it will let you continue checking out. I tried to buy part # 36R0943, but after I entered in my address, it pulled it from my cart as being not in stock. This is for air suspension, no sport package LS460.

Old 03-14-19, 07:30 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

photos might just be stock photos for rack, they just rebuild factory racks nothing special you have to send the core to them... you might want to see if you can get them to rebuild your rack if they don’t have any in stock better option than salvage you just have to wait try contacting ac delco that’s what I would do
Old 03-18-19, 02:38 PM
Spartan8
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a used one from LKQ Online (nationwide salvage yard www.lkqonline.com) and it cost me a grand I think? and my mechanic put it in for $200 about a year or so ago? mine is a '10 AWD with air. I just looked up and '07 and it didn't care about the L and they only had non-air versions available from $235 to $505. Check them out, they've gotta have an air suspension version pretty soon I"d think. Good luck.