LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Almost time, but the wait is hard...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-19, 08:35 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Almost time, but the wait is hard...

Weather was gorgeous this weekend, but there's still winter "stuff" on the road and more melting to go. So, I just took this photo. Another day or so, and I should be able to bring this bad boy out :-)

Can't wait!
Attached Thumbnails Almost time, but the wait is hard...-photo292.jpg  
Old 03-18-19, 10:18 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

This time of year is so frustrating as you think winter is over, then its not!

-Steve
Old 03-18-19, 10:42 AM
Overlander
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14
Weather was gorgeous this weekend, but there's still winter "stuff" on the road and more melting to go. So, I just took this photo. Another day or so, and I should be able to bring this bad boy out :-)

Can't wait!
You really need to get it out and enjoy it. It’s Awd if snow is the issue. If it’s dirt and sludge that’s keeping you from driving it, get an unlimited wash. That’s too nice of a car to let it sit until the roads are clean.
Old 03-18-19, 11:56 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Winter hasn't been bad in Massachusetts. I've taken mine out when maybe 2 to 3 times a week. I make sure to get the under carriage rinsed when I put it away again.
Letting a car sit too long is usually not a good thing
Old 03-18-19, 03:48 PM
Nospinzone

Received 420 Likes on 324 Posts

Was it Thursday or Friday night last week that we had a tremendous downpour here in Weston. It really washed the salt away. However, the roads are still messy from snow melt and the potholes are everywhere.

Of course I drive my almost 12 year old LS in any road conditions now (not when it was newer). We bought a new Porsche Panamera for my wife, but we kept her 2001 Jag S-Type and that's what she drives through the winter. I just started up the 612 today for the first time since the first week of December and ran it for 30 minutes, but not on the roads.
Old 03-18-19, 06:03 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts

I was about say, "Drive it!", but I took mine skiing a couple weeks ago and it was a major pain getting all the dirt out of the wheel wells. Took forever.
Old 03-18-19, 06:06 PM
Black_SC
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the first time I have seen someone not drive an LS due to roads being "dirty" haha. To each their own though.
The following users liked this post:
NotFasty (03-18-19)
Old 03-18-19, 06:25 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
This time of year is so frustrating as you think winter is over, then its not!

-Steve
Don't say that too loudly...

Originally Posted by Overlander

You really need to get it out and enjoy it. It’s Awd if snow is the issue. If it’s dirt and sludge that’s keeping you from driving it, get an unlimited wash. That’s too nice of a car to let it sit until the roads are clean.
Thanks. I had to drive it on treated roads just before Thanksgiving... We had an early snow storm, and I had to keep my appointment at the body shop. Otherwise, I avoid (this is winter #5 for this car with me). Ditto when I had the 460; that one saw snow once!

Originally Posted by JLAWS
Winter hasn't been bad in Massachusetts. I've taken mine out when maybe 2 to 3 times a week. I make sure to get the under carriage rinsed when I put it away again.
Letting a car sit too long is usually not a good thing
Yes, and I feel like I've driven it more recently this winter than I did last. I hear you on the sitting, but it's usually less than two months, and the thing has come back to life rather quickly the last few winters.

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Was it Thursday or Friday night last week that we had a tremendous downpour here in Weston. It really washed the salt away. However, the roads are still messy from snow melt and the potholes are everywhere.

Of course I drive my almost 12 year old LS in any road conditions now (not when it was newer). We bought a new Porsche Panamera for my wife, but we kept her 2001 Jag S-Type and that's what she drives through the winter. I just started up the 612 today for the first time since the first week of December and ran it for 30 minutes, but not on the roads.
Friday night indeed! We still have a ton of salt, somehow, and I'm not far from you (remember when I saw your LS out this way a few years back? Radar cruise 'L' gave it away ). Congrats on the Panamera; very nice!

Originally Posted by DerrickM
I was about say, "Drive it!", but I took mine skiing a couple weeks ago and it was a major pain getting all the dirt out of the wheel wells. Took forever.
What can I say... Painful to see too!

Originally Posted by Black_SC
This is the first time I have seen someone not drive an LS due to roads being "dirty" haha. To each their own though.
I haven't needed to (have been 'truckin' it, and wife uses RDX as commuter car - her parking spot at work is 1/2 the size of the LX!), but in a pinch (kid needing medical care, or whatever else), I sure as heck would take it out. FWIW, I do drive it in rain, so I'm not a totally lost cause... LOL
Old 03-19-19, 07:15 AM
profbigs88
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Overlander

unlimited wash pass is the best, keeps the salt and grime off. Daily
Old 03-19-19, 02:20 PM
Nospinzone

Received 420 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14
:

Friday night indeed! We still have a ton of salt, somehow, and I'm not far from you (remember when I saw your LS out this way a few years back? Radar cruise 'L' gave it away ). Congrats on the Panamera; very nice!

LOL
Yes, I remember, I was parked in West Newton. We were just there Sunday with friends to go to Paddy's for St. Patrick'sDay.

A funny thing about the Panamera. Long before we ordered it I had read many posts from members here who just raved about the blind side monitoring on their new 460's. If I hadn't read those posts I wouldn't have thought that much about the option. Now that I've driven the Panamera with it, I know why you guys were raving about it.
The Panamera is nice, but it's a tad overcomplicated, for me anyway. The one feature I absolutely love is the surround view camera, particularly the front facing camera.