LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I got a new car...just by using Dr. Prius app

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-19, 04:47 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default I got a new car...just by using Dr. Prius app

I have got shorter and shorter electric range on my car the last years, but that is now fixed. (Mileage on the car is roughly 100k miles)
Bought a new OBD (OBDLink LX) and then got the Dr.Prius app...
Warmed up the car well and opened the Dr.Prius app on my Samsung Galaxy mobile phone ...with bluetooth connection to the OBDLink LX.
Ran the Life Expectancy Test and the Full Battery Test (came up with a test score: Battery pack has estimated 82.85% capasity left, it is good condition).
The electric range is much better after running both battery test's (depleting and then charging Hybrid batteries to full) and the gas mileage is down to 0,76 liter pr. 10km (30,9 US MPG) driving backroads.....
It is like a new car....
https://blog.caristaapp.com/feel-the...2-eed7d721e387

Regards
Arvid

Last edited by Arvid; 06-22-20 at 03:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jdanielca (03-21-19)
Old 03-21-19, 10:49 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

arvid i see you have a bunch of toys installed how does https://cheetahgps.co.uk/product/che...tinum-edition/ work? well? the laser jammers are also interesting what do you mean connected wirelessly? the product isnt available anymore so just wondering what your setup is like thanks
Old 03-21-19, 12:36 PM
Arvid
Pole Position

Default Even higher fines set...when will they stop 😟

The Cheetah Laser Jammer Wireless Kit allows you to install most Blinder products into your car without having to wire the heads to the control module. This means no drilling through the firewall! Jammer and fitting kit components remain under the hood in a waterproof container. The fitting kit communicates wirelessly with a Cheetah display module which is placed inside the vehicle and provides visual and audio alerts from the Blinder jammer. This display module replaces the LED indicator and speaker that is included with the Blinder jammers.

I have another system from the box under the hood..this sends all alarms, and distances to photoboxes, warns about overspeeds, so I have good time to reduce speed to under the actual speedlimit..all coming up on the display and with sound and display with speed and distance to photobox.The lasers also comes up with sound..Laser, laser !!!! ...I then step on the brakes untill the speed is the actual speedlimit.. Then turn off the jamming and roll quitely through the police post.
Only time that I have been taken, was in France..the first week after it was installed..and I had programmed the system to just jam the lasers for 5 seconds...I was then measured to 178 km/h on a 130 Km/h sone on the motorway.. got fined with 90 Euro (1 Euro is 1.12 $) ...IT IS NOW SET TO JAM UNTIL LEGAL SPEED ARE REACHED...
Really saved me some money through the years.. Link to Norwegian speed fines:
http://www.radarvarsling.no/satser.htm

In english language...it is true...not a joke :-)

http://www.speedingeurope.com/norway/

Last edited by Arvid; 01-14-21 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Even higher fines set...when will they stop 😖😟
Old 03-21-19, 02:14 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm guessing Arvid thought he was posting in the Prius forums? Didn't realize the 600H had a similar battery system as the Prius.

Don't tase me, Dave!
Old 03-21-19, 03:03 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Arvid
The Cheetah Laser Jammer Wireless Kit allows you to install most Blinder products into your car without having to wire the heads to the control module. This means no drilling through the firewall! Jammer and fitting kit components remain under the hood in a waterproof container. The fitting kit communicates wirelessly with a Cheetah display module which is placed inside the vehicle and provides visual and audio alerts from the Blinder jammer. This display module replaces the LED indicator and speaker that is included with the Blinder jammers.

I have another system from the box under the hood..this sends all alarms, and distances to photoboxes, warns about overspeeds, so I have good time to reduce speed to under the actual speedlimit..all coming up on the display and with sound and display with speed and distance to photobox.The lasers also comes up with sound..Laser, laser !!!! ...I then step on the brakes untill the speed is the actual speedlimit.. Then turn off the jamming and roll quitely through the police post.
Only time that I have been taken, was in France..the first week after it was installed..and I had programmed the system to just jam the lasers for 5 seconds...I was then measured to 178 km/h on a 130 Km/h sone on the motorway.. got fined with 90 Euro...IT IS NOW SET TO JAM UNTIL LEGAL SPEED ARE REACHED...
Really saved me some money through the years.. Link to Norwegian speed fines:
http://www.radarvarsling.no/satser.htm

do you mind if I shoot you a PM if i have more questions before actually buying? THANKS ! appreciate the info so far
Old 03-21-19, 03:10 PM
Nospinzone

Received 418 Likes on 322 Posts

In my younger years when I wasn't in jail I would be doing full time community work if I lived in Norway!

(Not to mention I would be destitute.)
Old 03-21-19, 05:49 PM
Arvid
Pole Position

jdanielca, No problem

Last edited by Arvid; 03-21-19 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-22-19, 04:10 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

jdanielca, No problem
thanks !! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Old 03-27-19, 05:14 PM
DaveGIowa
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have got shorter and shorter electric range on my car the last years, but that is now fixed. (Mileage on the car is roughly 100k miles)
Bought a new OBD (OBDLink LX) and the got the Dr.Prius app...
Warmed up the car well and opened the Dr.Prius app on my Samsung Galaxy mobile phone ...with bluetooth connection to the OBDLink LX.
Ran the Life Expectancy Test and the Full Battery Test (came up with a test score: Battery pack has estimated 82.85% capasity left, it is good condition).
The electric range is much better after running both battery test's (depleting and then charging Hybrid batteries to full) and the gas mileage is down to 0,76 liter pr. 10km (30,9 US MPG) driving backroads.....
It is like a new car....
https://blog.caristaapp.com/feel-the...2-eed7d721e387

Regards
Arvid
What does your Dr. Prius say your voltage is? Mine seems high and swings a wide range.
Old 03-28-19, 04:43 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

LevelsCurrentVoltage
Avg-0.19 A323.26 V
Min-82.00 A256.00
VMax152.00 A376.00 V
Old 03-03-20, 03:27 PM
Arvid
Pole Position

Default One year gone...and still Hybrid battery as new

Recommended test if You feel a few electric ponnies has left the car....

Last edited by Arvid; 03-03-20 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-04-20, 05:48 AM
SpruceRain
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I tried running the "full battery test", but when at 60% completion it tells me to accelerate and decelerate hard, acceleration gets it to 80%, but nothing I do completes the test? I've tried braking at many different levels and speeds, even up to locking the tires, but the percentage does not budge. How am I supposed to do it?
Old 03-04-20, 06:36 AM
DaveGIowa
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep doing it, I went through probably eight hard accelerates and hard breaks and then it was done. I kind of figured it was one but apparently I was wrong.
Old 03-04-20, 07:27 AM
SpruceRain
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks, I'll have another go at it. What kind of accelerations did you do, 0-30 or 30-60, kinda brisk or just flooring it?

EDIT: I probably spent 30-40 minutes driving around and doing unnecessary accelerations and decelerations before the test finally completed...

I also used Torque before and after to check the coolant temperature; surprised to see that the temperature gauge reaches the centre position ("normal operating temperature") already at 75°C/167°F, after which it won't move while the temperature rises to the actual normal operating temperature of around 90°/194°F.

Last edited by SpruceRain; 03-05-20 at 01:13 PM.