LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Warranty Enhancement Program

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-19, 09:47 AM
Richardgil
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Warranty Enhancement Program

Waiting for four door panels, glove box door, lower dashboard and front and rear center box. Approved by Lexus, 2012 LS, on December 31, 2018. My question is about the door panels. Is the entire panel replaced or just the portion with the armrest and below?
Told to expect a long wait for parts to arrive.
Old 04-03-19, 12:33 PM
DavidGarza
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you been placed on a waiting list yet by your dealership? I only say that because I had to wait almost 1 year before parts came in for my car and they didn't arrive all at one time either because my local dealership failed to place me on their waiting list.. So to speed things up, I called Lexus Corp and had them look into it. Basically, Lexus Corp will provide you a case number and they will directly contact the dealer to provide estimated delivery times.. Good luck.

Last edited by DavidGarza; 04-03-19 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-03-19, 01:04 PM
Tlutrick
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

So I took mine in to do the ZLD program in early Dec 2018. Only half of my parts in, and it's April. Not sure I understand the waiting list you're talking about. If the dealership ordered the parts, then are you saying that they have to go out and sign in to some other waiting list?
Old 04-03-19, 03:28 PM
DavidGarza
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealership only had a few pieces so I agreed to have them installed vice waiting for everything to show up. No sooner that happened, apparently my name had dropped to the bottom of there list for priorities. That's why I called Lexus Corp. The longest wait time for me was the glove box.
Old 04-04-19, 06:24 AM
texas008
Advanced

Received 100 Likes on 86 Posts

mine was approved November 2018, and still waiting for the parts.
Old 04-04-19, 03:17 PM
emthered
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also got my ZLZ recall letter in late Dec.2018. My initial visit to the dealer was on January 4th. Turns out my LS needed all of the replacement parts (dash, door panels, driver's side lower panel, center console box, rear console box panel and glove box).

I was beginning to think I got lost in the system so I called the dealer yesterday (April 2nd) and all parts are in except 3 (driver's side lower panel, console box rear panel and glove box). He said those parts may be back-ordered until end of April or later. He also said there are several others in my area that are waiting on these parts as well. So it seems Lexus is having difficulty keeping up with this recall. I'll update when I find out more.
Old 06-05-19, 12:14 PM
jkittlesen
Pole Position

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by texas008
mine was approved November 2018, and still waiting for the parts.
May I ask what dealer you are using?
Old 06-05-19, 12:48 PM
icon901
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Approved on Nov 29 2018. Got my doors in Spring 2018 (March or April IIRC), and just got the rest of the panels last week.

Last edited by icon901; 06-05-19 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-18-19, 11:31 AM
Dolph1
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Most folks posting in the sticky dash threads have pre 2013 cars from what I have read. I received a ZLZ letter and own a 2013. Have other 2013 + owners received letters too? The covered parts in my letter seem to be less than what is being covered for the earlier year LS460’s.
My covered parts are as follows:
1) Driver Side Lower Instrument Panel
2) Console Box Assembly
3) Console Box Rear Panel

Are the sticky problems only happening in the South? Any Northerners have sticky panels replaced?
Old 06-18-19, 06:10 PM
Richardgil
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2012, really don’t know if the sticky problem exists after the 2012 model year. The sticky problem exists regardless of the location, it’s caused strictly by the temperature inside the vehicle. I live in Florida, when the car is parked, windows up, and the interior heats up, virtually everything inside is unquestionably very sticky, there is no mistaking it. Lexus has agreed to replace my interior parts, ordered December 31, 2018, only one of eight has arrived.
If you have any question concerning coverage on additional parts, it’s summer, park your car in the sun, you’ll know if other parts should be covered.
Old 08-09-19, 05:22 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Richardgil
I have a 2012, really don’t know if the sticky problem exists after the 2012 model year. The sticky problem exists regardless of the location, it’s caused strictly by the temperature inside the vehicle. I live in Florida, when the car is parked, windows up, and the interior heats up, virtually everything inside is unquestionably very sticky, there is no mistaking it. Lexus has agreed to replace my interior parts, ordered December 31, 2018, only one of eight has arrived.
If you have any question concerning coverage on additional parts, it’s summer, park your car in the sun, you’ll know if other parts should be covered.
I've been putting a window shade up in my car. I hate to let the rest of the car cook and end up with permanent creaking... its probably superstition. I should just let the dashboard roast... but I don't want collateral damage on the parts that aren't getting covered by the program.
Old 02-04-20, 09:57 AM
user 710812323
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I went to the dealer to start a claim about 2 weeks ago. I saw that the dealer got the description of the issues I brought up wrong/incomplete in drivers.lexus. I called Lexus and they said they would put notes in that I called to raise the issue. The rep told me I should hear Lexus' decision in about a week. If the decision is approved, THEN I should bring up with the dealer that there are other parts that need to be replaced. Seems backwards, but he said that the approval needs to happen first. I'm just nervous it'll get denied because the dealer rep gave a half effort. He seemed irritated like I was trying to pull something over on them.
The following users liked this post:
LS460Crown (02-04-20)
Old 02-04-20, 08:53 PM
LS460Crown
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Schiben
I went to the dealer to start a claim about 2 weeks ago. I saw that the dealer got the description of the issues I brought up wrong/incomplete in drivers.lexus. I called Lexus and they said they would put notes in that I called to raise the issue. The rep told me I should hear Lexus' decision in about a week. If the decision is approved, THEN I should bring up with the dealer that there are other parts that need to be replaced. Seems backwards, but he said that the approval needs to happen first. I'm just nervous it'll get denied because the dealer rep gave a half effort. He seemed irritated like I was trying to pull something over on them.
I've had the same issue with my dealer, Lexus of Tucson, they denied my issue with the actuator which is still under the extended warranty. I might start driving to Phoenix to see if I can get better service.
Old 02-05-20, 08:27 AM
user 710812323
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LS460Crown
I've had the same issue with my dealer, Lexus of Tucson, they denied my issue with the actuator which is still under the extended warranty. I might start driving to Phoenix to see if I can get better service.
Your situation might be a bit different than mine. I don't think the dealer has any say in approval or denial (other than the info they provide to Lexus). If Lexus denies the claim, I would probably see what I can do about going to another dealer too. From my perspective, the program to replace sticky panels is out there. My car has the same exact materials in it as ALL other LS460s that have had their panels replaced. So, my car is just as affected as those other vehicles.
Old 02-05-20, 04:19 PM
fooldall1
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ive had almost everything, including the center console armrest redone, just waiting now for my back driver side panel. Ita even a bit over a year, and its still not done..but I am still very. Very grateful.

They replaced the entire door panel, glovebox, etc... great warranty, mine is a 2009.

Quick Reply: Warranty Enhancement Program