LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

19" 5 spoke OEM rims LS460

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-19, 02:41 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasoneo5
I picked up a set of OEM 19's for $500 from a member here. Flawless and off a 2012 with 35k miles. Tires were brand new Michelin's with 100 miles on them but did not come with TPMS
Back when I was living "Right", I used to find deals like that. Not so much nowadays. I might need to change my evil ways.
Old 04-12-19, 02:43 PM
IchBin
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 213374U
Mine may be for sale soon, full set of 5 in chrome with new programmable TPMS and Pirelli P7's with under 1K miles on them. I say "may be" because the car is going up for sale soon and I'm going use those as bargaining chips to allow the buyer to bring the price down if they so choose; I'm willing to knock $750 off sale price but I'm keeping the 19's and will put the 18's with tires that need replaced back on it.

Shipping to WI may kill you, but you'd definitely get a better deal going this route than buying 5 new rims, 5 new TPMS sensors, and 5 new P7's. Selling at $1500+shipping.
Did yours come chrome from Lexus, or did you have them chromed after the fact?
Old 04-12-19, 02:46 PM
IchBin
Driver School Candidate

This is what I want my car to look like:

Old 04-12-19, 03:00 PM
ALK
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by IchBin
This is what I want my car to look like:

There are fake rims of this 5 spoke . I can confirm that chromed rims can be bought from dealer when bought new with the car .
Old 04-12-19, 05:26 PM
IchBin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ALK
There are fake rims of this 5 spoke . I can confirm that chromed rims can be bought from dealer when bought new with the car .
Thanks. I have seen fake rims. This guy on eBay has the stamps on back to prove they are factory refurb chrome ones. But at $450 a piece.... Anyway, I have seen a couple listed at junkyards as chrome. Just not many of them. Also, I have seen too many cars listed online with chrome rims. I have even seen where the customer has them installed special on delivery. Just wasn't sure if they were having them sent out and chromed. Not a big deal, but thought I would ask if I can expect to find chrome ones at a junkyard going forward.
Old 04-12-19, 05:30 PM
ALK
Advanced

Originally Posted by IchBin
Thanks. I have seen fake rims. This guy on eBay has the stamps on back to prove they are factory refurb chrome ones. But at $450 a piece.... Anyway, I have seen a couple listed at junkyards as chrome. Just not many of them. Also, I have seen too many cars listed online with chrome rims. I have even seen where the customer has them installed special on delivery. Just wasn't sure if they were having them sent out and chromed. Not a big deal, but thought I would ask if I can expect to find chrome ones at a junkyard going forward.
Even the stamps can be faked . I had confirmation from a friend in Dubai . That the back stamps had be duplicated. The only to check is the weight. The fake is lighter than OEM. OEM is heavier .
The following users liked this post:
IchBin (04-13-19)
Old 04-13-19, 07:39 PM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Snapped this tonight of mine lowered with some wheel spacers

The following users liked this post:
IchBin (04-15-19)
Old 04-13-19, 07:41 PM
ALK
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jasoneo5
Snapped this tonight of mine lowered with some wheel spacers
Nice. 2010 front end giving a different look . Is it my eyes only , the color of the front bumper is a little brighter ?
Old 04-14-19, 09:07 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by 213374U
Mine may be for sale soon, full set of 5 in chrome with new programmable TPMS and Pirelli P7's with under 1K miles on them. I say "may be" because the car is going up for sale soon and I'm going use those as bargaining chips to allow the buyer to bring the price down if they so choose; I'm willing to knock $750 off sale price but I'm keeping the 19's and will put the 18's with tires that need replaced back on it.

Shipping to WI may kill you, but you'd definitely get a better deal going this route than buying 5 new rims, 5 new TPMS sensors, and 5 new P7's. Selling at $1500+shipping.
Gah! I wish they were bare wheels, because I'd love to have a set of five chrome or polished ones. Shipping wouldn't be problem either, because road trip! You're likely not more than 4 1/2-5 hours from me, unless you' re in El Paso, i.e. way east L.A.

However, five, with tires, aren't going to fit in the LS, unless at least two ride in the rear seat, and I'm out of space for storing tires while they're on CL because I'd prefer Continentals (though, the Michelins which came on the car aren't horrible).

I really need to get after test stripping/polishing the OEM 18" wheel which is my spare, to see how good I can get it to shine as polished aluminium. Thanks, PO, for cheaping out when you replaced four 18" wheels with four 19" wheels. Couldn't spring for the fifth, eh? ...sigh...
Old 04-14-19, 09:20 AM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ALK
Nice. 2010 front end giving a different look . Is it my eyes only , the color of the front bumper is a little brighter ?
Could be the light/glare but now I'm self conscious, going to have to take a 2nd look...... it wouldn't surprise me as it's been re-painted at least 3/4 times. The car is used primarily for long commutes & frequents 100+mph
Old 04-14-19, 09:55 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Seem like there is a bit of hood gap also. Can you adjust the hood stops to close the gap? Unless the gap is for forced air induction
Old 04-14-19, 10:04 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by mckellyb

I really need to get after test stripping/polishing the OEM 18" wheel which is my spare, to see how good I can get it to shine as polished aluminium. Thanks, PO, for cheaping out when you replaced four 18" wheels with four 19" wheels. Couldn't spring for the fifth, eh? ...sigh...
I think stripping the finish will be a disaster. The aluminum is very soft. I can see you sanding and leaving sanding marks and a lot of high and low spots on the rim. It doesn't appear to be the type of rim that you can leave unfinished.
Old 04-14-19, 11:35 AM
Jasoneo5
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JLAWS
Seem like there is a bit of hood gap also. Can you adjust the hood stops to close the gap? Unless the gap is for forced air induction
That's the downside of 2010+ bumper fitment on a 07-09. I could totally shave away some material from below the headlights and pull the entire piece up, but don't really mind the way it looks.

Frankly, don't think you could get a better, more modern looking car for +/- $7-8k, as mine has 166k mileage - only reason I'm keeping it around for fun! Haven't looked into the hood stops yet...
Old 04-14-19, 11:36 AM
SocalBobby
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. Looks great. I just did the same exact things. I bought 4 refurbished oem 19' 5 spoke rims off Ebay for $1,100 and replaced the 18" rims just like whats on your black car! Definitely a huge transformation without it looking ghetto!
Old 04-14-19, 11:40 AM
SocalBobby
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you provide the info on the spacers you have? Brand and spacer mm size. Thanks,

Originally Posted by ALK

Quick Reply: 19" 5 spoke OEM rims LS460