LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Car Alarm Going Off in Garage

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-19, 06:09 AM
colfax
Intermediate

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Car Alarm Going Off in Garage

07 LS460

Hi everyone, so as I am getting up this morning to go get some breakfast the horn starts going off steadily in the closed garage. I am still in the house.
I grab my fob and hit the unlock button and it stops, but what could possibly make the alarm go off in a dark and quiet garage?
any ideas? thanks
Old 04-12-19, 06:45 AM
terminater
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Casper...? I kid! Do you have soft/auto close doors? The alarm on my car started going off in my driveway one day last week. I unlocked it to stop the alarm, then I went to investigate. I noticed one of my rear doors were cracked. Somehow the soft close doors didn't fully close itself or it opened itself, don't ask me how it happened. I was playing around in the car before it happened and I swore I hear the door click shut. Who knows. I closed the door shut and it hasn't happened since.
Old 04-12-19, 07:39 AM
colfax
Intermediate

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

thanks for the possible cause terminator but my car does not have soft close doors

the only thing I can think of is that I was up and dressed and ready to go out the door

and had slung my computer bag with all my stuff in it over my shoulder

maybe stuff moving around pushed the alarm button on the fob buried in the case?

I don't know what else to think, I'll try looking at the manual to see what triggers the alarm
Old 04-12-19, 07:50 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by colfax
thanks for the possible cause terminator but my car does not have soft close doors

the only thing I can think of is that I was up and dressed and ready to go out the door

maybe stuff moving around pushed the alarm button on the fob buried in the case?

I don't know what else to think, I'll try looking at the manual to see what triggers the alarm
if it doesn’t happen again then no problem if not check the door close sensors I hear they could possibly go bad
Old 04-12-19, 09:46 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is a problem.
Old 04-12-19, 09:54 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by colfax

This post made me think. I've never heard my alarm work at all. I wonder if it works or not. I do see the red lights blinking. I guess I'll look at the manual to see how to test it.
Old 04-12-19, 12:46 PM
terminater
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
This post made me think. I've never heard my alarm work at all. I wonder if it works or not. I do see the red lights blinking. I guess I'll look at the manual to see how to test it.
Here's a quick test you can do. Unlock the hood with the interior latch, but don't actually raise it outside. Lock the vehicle and then attempt to open the hood. Don't ask me how I know about this particular test. Let's just say I jumped about 2 feet in the air.
Old 04-12-19, 02:10 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by terminater
Here's a quick test you can do. Unlock the hood with the interior latch, but don't actually raise it outside. Lock the vehicle and then attempt to open the hood. Don't ask me how I know about this particular test. Let's just say I jumped about 2 feet in the air.
Thanks. I'll try that.
Old 04-12-19, 03:13 PM
jmcraney

Received 264 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
Leave a window down. Arm the alarm system. Reach through the open window and open the door using the inside handle.
The following users liked this post:
fwhomeboy (04-12-19)
Old 04-12-19, 04:29 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by jmcraney
Leave a window down. Arm the alarm system. Reach through the open window and open the door using the inside handle.
Thanks. Maybe I can finally hear the alarm work. Between this test and the hood test, I'm ready. Then maybe I'll dig into the Wind noise triangle fix. That's another day.