LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Reading into Service History

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-19, 09:18 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Reading into Service History

Whether the control arms were replaced or just recommended because I don’t think they keep these parts on hand and in the service history it doesn’t state later on that it was taken in to addresss issue.
Originally Posted by 123
OTHERS ~|~C/S WHEN BRAKING, HE FEELS LIKE HE HAS TO HOLD THE WHEEL EXTRA TIGHT OR ELSE THE CAR FEELS LIKE IT WILL TAKE OFF ONE WAY OR ANOTHER ~|~ST8010F - NEED TO REPLACED UPPER CONTROL ARM BRAKETS TO MAKE CAMBER ADJUSTMENT TO CORRECT PULLING ~|~ALIGNED CAR TO SPECS AND REPLACED UPPER CONTROL ARM BRACKETSOTHERS ~|~C/S SOMETIMES WHILE ON A HILL, BUT NOT ALWAYS, ENGINE WILL REV AND THEN AS HE GOES DOWN THE HILL WITH FOOT OFF ACCELERATOR, AS CAR REACHES BOTTOM AND RE-ACCELERATES HE FEELS TRANSMISSION BANG (ROUGH SHIFT) ~|~EG8017 T1-04 T2-99 .6 FOR HESITATION REFLASH 27007 T1-04 T2-99 .5 ~|~PERFORMED REFLASHOTHERS ~|~NOISE WHEN BRAKING ~|~PAD UPDATE FOR REAR ~|~REPLACE REAR PADS

Last edited by Julez; 04-17-19 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-16-19, 11:44 PM
PwrdbyM
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

The way I read that service write up is four things where done: 1. Upper front control arms were replaced. 2. Alignment following control arm replacement (likely only front) 3. The transmission had a software reflash. 4. Rear brake pads were replaced.

I assume your questions arise from the language talking about brackets. There is a metal bracket the upper portion of the control arm bolts into, however there would be no reason to change this independently. My guess is the tech replaced the arms with some that had brackets already attached. I've seen them sold this way. Part of the reason dealership service is so expensive is techs don't actually repair anything, they remove and replace. So it wouldn't surprise me they don't even take the time to remove the control arm from the upper bracket (which usually comes out of the car with the arm change). The car wouldn't have been aligned without replacing the arms/bushings.