LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

How to hook up Android devices to 2009 LS460

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-19, 01:57 PM
MrGTR
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to hook up Android devices to 2009 LS460

Hi everyone, firstly I'm a brand new LS460 owner (I'm picking her up from the dealership this Sat) but more importantly this car comes with ML audio and I'm dying to get my Spotify premium subscription blasting through all 19 speakers.

Has anyone found an easy way to stream or connect their new smart phones to this old system? I've read up there are aux jack cable/connectors available on Amazon. Might take a few weeks to get to Cape Town but is it worth it? Won't there be sound degradation...? I set download quality to VeryHigh...
Old 05-30-19, 02:26 PM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Also controlling an android phone via bluetooth or USB from the head unit or steering wheel is hit or miss. It works with an iPhone. I've tried various android phones with different versions of Android OS, but almost all of them could not be controlled from the head unit. I had to control it from the phone.
The following users liked this post:
MrGTR (05-30-19)
Old 05-30-19, 11:52 PM
MrGTR
Driver School Candidate

That's brilliant! Not sure of aux vs bluetooth transmission quality but excellent to know at least 1 of these options is available! Thank you so much for the reply
Old 05-31-19, 08:34 AM
mambo619
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by funfact
the aux connector is going to preserve more sound quality, though it’s still going to be stereo that is analyzed and distributed by the head unit. Bluetooth will work, but same story with stereo. Depending on the bluetooth protocol, those aftermarket bluetooth transmitters make be able to transmit the full 320kbps. If not, expect closer to 120-160kbps.
this......
Old 06-01-19, 06:51 AM
abs
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

There is another thread going on this topic. In the thread they recommend using the following components:

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

The way this works is the Homespot device runs off the power socket in your arm rest, it also plugs into the AUX jack in the arm rest, and it creates a Bluetooth Media connection for your smartphone. The PAC device sits between the Homespot and the AUX jack and is a ground loop isolator to eliminate any engine noise or hum from the ground loop.

I recently bought both of these devices for my 2007 LS460. You will need both. They are also very small and easily fit in the armrest. The smartphone will establish dual bluetooth connections, one to the OEM head unit for phone calls and one to the Homespot. Also the Homespot turns on/shuts off when the ignition is on/off, which is perfect for this application. I highly recommend this setup, it works as you would expect it to.

Best of luck.
Old 06-01-19, 01:58 PM
MrGTR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by abs
There is another thread going on this topic. In the thread they recommend using the following components:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The way this works is the Homespot device runs off the power socket in your arm rest, it also plugs into the AUX jack in the arm rest, and it creates a Bluetooth Media connection for your smartphone. The PAC device sits between the Homespot and the AUX jack and is a ground loop isolator to eliminate any engine noise or hum from the ground loop.

I recently bought both of these devices for my 2007 LS460. You will need both. They are also very small and easily fit in the armrest. The smartphone will establish dual bluetooth connections, one to the OEM head unit for phone calls and one to the Homespot. Also the Homespot turns on/shuts off when the ignition is on/off, which is perfect for this application. I highly recommend this setup, it works as you would expect it to.

Best of luck.
Thanks abs, order placed, appreciate the pointers...!
Old 06-18-19, 11:31 AM
MrGTR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by abs

Best of luck.
This setup worked like a charm! Thank you for the share Abs! Super happy, my premium account Spotify downloads (on very high quality) sound incredible on the Mark Levinson system!