LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Aftermarket Apple CarPlay/Android Auto Mod...AWESOME

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-20, 05:41 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jboji514
Your right but I’m just happy there is a retrofit for our cars and it’s not too bad to install. There’s other systems that aren’t as well interpreted as this unit. The wireless function is awesome considering many new OEM systems don’t even have this yet.
Well the system supports Apple auto wireless, I am a Android Auto user, and they do have wireless AA, and my phone supports it but, this system as of right now does not. Cosmo said they are working on it but, when it does add support, I will have pay more to get support for it.

Kind of crappy in my eyes... but, if you have an iPhone, your all good.. I am willing to pay as long as it's $200 or something like that.

One of the other things about this system I am NOT crazy about. It does not really charge the phone, if it does, it's slow charge, and if you using like carplay or Android auto, my battery will drop by a few % over an hour commute. If your using a wireless setup, you could plug into a fast charger. Its why I am really looking forward to wireless Android auto.

Another bug a told Cosmo about. Using Waze at night, it does not go into night mode (screen is really bright), so the system does not detect the lights are on I assume. He said it will be fixed in a update.

Apple users, does Waze go to night mode using a iPhone ?

Originally Posted by BayeauxLex
Hello I have a 13 LS and I ordered the Lsailt kit but I believe they sent me the wrong unit for my car. Can you guys confirm this? I’ve been trying to contact them on the AliExpress app.
You could try emailing him carllt-vip6 AT carllt.com Make sure you put in a order number or details. I don't have my box in front of me...

(AT=@)

Last edited by DavidinCT; 09-08-20 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-08-20, 05:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Yep, Waze goes into night mode with my iPhone.
The following users liked this post:
DavidinCT (09-09-20)
Old 09-08-20, 07:15 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidinCT
Well the system supports Apple auto wireless, I am a Android Auto user, and they do have wireless AA, and my phone supports it but, this system as of right now does not. Cosmo said they are working on it but, when it does add support, I will have pay more to get support for it.

Kind of crappy in my eyes... but, if you have an iPhone, your all good.. I am willing to pay as long as it's $200 or something like that.

One of the other things about this system I am NOT crazy about. It does not really charge the phone, if it does, it's slow charge, and if you using like carplay or Android auto, my battery will drop by a few % over an hour commute. If your using a wireless setup, you could plug into a fast charger. Its why I am really looking forward to wireless Android auto.

Another bug a told Cosmo about. Using Waze at night, it does not go into night mode (screen is really bright), so the system does not detect the lights are on I assume. He said it will be fixed in a update.

Apple users, does Waze go to night mode using a iPhone ?

You could try emailing him carllt-vip6 AT carllt.com Make sure you put in a order number or details. I don't have my box in front of me...

(AT=@)
Thanks, I sent them an email. Also when I plug my phone in to the USB and switch to AUX mode this is what I get. Also I will attach what my phone shows under Apple carplay (NaviHome) but I can’t connect to it on Apple carplay. It just keeps spinning.

Steve, have you experienced this? Sorry I’m a longtime lurker. I’ve followed this thread and the 79 page on this in the RX forum. I plan on getting a Lsailt installed on a 19 RX tomorrow morning. Thanks
Old 09-09-20, 10:34 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

You need to hold HANG UP (on the steering wheel) button to switch between the factory system and the system you installed..

This was a problem I ran into as well...
BayeauxLex (09-09-20)
Old 09-09-20, 10:51 AM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

You need to hold HANG UP (on the steering wheel) button to switch between the factory system and the system you installed..

This was a problem I ran into as well...

awesome it works. Thanks!! Also thanks for the email you provided. They responded back with the same resolution you gave me.

Just fiddling around with it what would be the benefit of connecting the android box to my phone’s hotspot?
GX4704ME (07-06-23)
Old 09-09-20, 11:21 AM
jboji514
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

awesome it works. Thanks!! Also thanks for the email you provided. They responded back with the same resolution you gave me.

Just fiddling around with it what would be the benefit of connecting the android box to my phone’s hotspot?
if you connect the box to the internet you can go to websites and use some of the androids type apps. Also Cosmo can do over the air updates to the box if you connect it to the internet.
Old 09-09-20, 04:36 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Do you have to hold the hang up button everytime to activate the system when starting the car?

Also had one installed on my wife’s RX today and we were testing the call quality but I believe she was unable to end the call using the hang up button on the steering wheel. Using carplay, does everything work mostly thru the mouse?
Old 09-09-20, 04:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Yes, you have to hold the button every time to put it in the system mode.

You can answer the phone with the button on the wheel, but its best to end the call with the mouse.
BayeauxLex (09-09-20)
Old 09-09-20, 04:52 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Ok we, well me at least, still trying to figure out how to operate it best so I can show my wife.

When starting car it automatically defaults to Lexus system???
switching to AUX and holding hang up button activates the Lsailt system. Got it

The Lexus Bluetooth and the navihome(Lsailt) Bluetooth kept fighting back and forth so I chose to forget Lexus Bluetooth. Did I do that correct?

does WiFi have to be on or off on iPhone?

under carplay on settings it shows its connected to the Lsailt device (I forget the name) but also it gives me an option that NaviHome is available.

What I just learned, Carplay was on the radio screen but we were able to access and listen to satellite radio and local radio stations with carplay still on the screen by selecting SAT or FM using steering wheel control. In order to listen to music from phone, we had to switch it to AUX on steering wheel.

Just trying to figure out the shortcuts and simple way to operate. So far I’m impressed and like the idea of having carplay.

Edit: also my wife noticed her up and down arrow button on her mouse wouldn’t let her scroll down thru her music selection. Instead she had to use the mouse and use the arrows on the right side of the screen. No big deal.
Old 09-09-20, 05:41 PM
jboji514
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Ok we, well me at least, still trying to figure out how to operate it best so I can show my wife.

When starting car it automatically defaults to Lexus system???
switching to AUX and holding hang up button activates the Lsailt system. Got it

The Lexus Bluetooth and the navihome(Lsailt) Bluetooth kept fighting back and forth so I chose to forget Lexus Bluetooth. Did I do that correct?

does WiFi have to be on or off on iPhone?

under carplay on settings it shows its connected to the Lsailt device (I forget the name) but also it gives me an option that NaviHome is available.

What I just learned, Carplay was on the radio screen but we were able to access and listen to satellite radio and local radio stations with carplay still on the screen by selecting SAT or FM using steering wheel control. In order to listen to music from phone, we had to switch it to AUX on steering wheel.

Just trying to figure out the shortcuts and simple way to operate. So far I’m impressed and like the idea of having carplay.

Edit: also my wife noticed her up and down arrow button on her mouse wouldn’t let her scroll down thru her music selection. Instead she had to use the mouse and use the arrows on the right side of the screen. No big deal.
You need to fully unpair the factory Lexus bluetooth from your phone. Wifi needs to be turn on. The Lsailt system first connects via Bluetooth to make the connection and then uses wifi for high bandwidth to send the data for the CarPlay system. You can also move tracks up and down on CarPlay via the steering wheel controls.
BayeauxLex (09-09-20)
Old 09-10-20, 06:10 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Originally Posted by jboji514
You need to fully unpair the factory Lexus bluetooth from your phone. Wifi needs to be turn on. The Lsailt system first connects via Bluetooth to make the connection and then uses wifi for high bandwidth to send the data for the CarPlay system. You can also move tracks up and down on CarPlay via the steering wheel controls.
Steve and I agree on something here (and was said earlier in this thread). If you make a call or get a call via this system, the quality is not as good as the factory system.

What you can do, is leave the Lexus system as "headset" Bluetooth profile and remove from everything else. So when you get a call, Car play with deal with it on screen and when you answer the call, the Lexus system will control it. When you hang up, the car play system sees it.

It's the best of both worlds here...

and I use XM, so I have streaming, the up and down will actually skip songs and change if your listening to other things. It's an awesome upgrade, you do get features that a 2021 car has (XM skip is kind of new in cars), and if you tweak your audio settings in your app, it sounds just as good if not better.

Originally Posted by SW17LS
You can answer the phone with the button on the wheel, but its best to end the call with the mouse.
Interesting. I normally just hit the end on the steering wheel, never a problem changing over or anything. It's only if I hold for like 3 seconds it switches. The on screen stuff treats it like Android Auto was controlling the call. Android auto on my side just sees the call was disconnected when I touch the end button, as would be expected.

Last edited by DavidinCT; 09-10-20 at 06:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DavidinCT:
BayeauxLex (09-10-20), GX4704ME (07-06-23)
Old 09-10-20, 10:26 AM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

So my wife and I both got this message on both of our vehicles this morning after maybe 20 min of using CarPlay. It lost connection and we are unsure how to reestablish connection with CarPlay. Thanks

Edit: I was able to reconnect after restarting my car

Last edited by BayeauxLex; 09-10-20 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-10-20, 12:38 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Steve and I agree on something here (and was said earlier in this thread). If you make a call or get a call via this system, the quality is not as good as the factory system.

What you can do, is leave the Lexus system as "headset" Bluetooth profile and remove from everything else. So when you get a call, Car play with deal with it on screen and when you answer the call, the Lexus system will control it. When you hang up, the car play system sees it.

It's the best of both worlds here...

and I use XM, so I have streaming, the up and down will actually skip songs and change if your listening to other things. It's an awesome upgrade, you do get features that a 2021 car has (XM skip is kind of new in cars), and if you tweak your audio settings in your app, it sounds just as good if not better.

Interesting. I normally just hit the end on the steering wheel, never a problem changing over or anything. It's only if I hold for like 3 seconds it switches. The on screen stuff treats it like Android Auto was controlling the call. Android auto on my side just sees the call was disconnected when I touch the end button, as would be expected.
Do I need to have NaviHome (Lsailt box) connect via Bluetooth or do I need to connect Bluetooth using the car’s Bluetooth? Trying to find the best solution on this thread and the thread in the 4RX forum.

I know to connect CarPlay via WiFi but unsure which Bluetooth to use, car’s Bluetooth or the NaviHome. And I’m not sure how to only connect using the car’s Bluetooth for phone calls only not audio.

Steve I tried to recreate the automation joejoe explained in 4RX thread but was unsuccessful. I understand what he said to do but don’t know how to do it. Thanks for all the help and the early adopters.
Old 09-11-20, 06:25 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Do I need to have NaviHome (Lsailt box) connect via Bluetooth or do I need to connect Bluetooth using the car’s Bluetooth? Trying to find the best solution on this thread and the thread in the 4RX forum.

I know to connect CarPlay via WiFi but unsure which Bluetooth to use, car’s Bluetooth or the NaviHome. And I’m not sure how to only connect using the car’s Bluetooth for phone calls only not audio.

Steve I tried to recreate the automation joejoe explained in 4RX thread but was unsuccessful. I understand what he said to do but don’t know how to do it. Thanks for all the help and the early adopters.
Well, not sure on the RX side. If your using an iPhone, then one of the other guys could help, I am an Android user. So my experience is based off that.

The Navihome is the built in Android OS, don't connect to it, in your phone you should be able to block it so it does not ask to connect. UNLESS you have plans on using the Android OS (not Apple carplay or Android auto). This needs a speaker and it's own GPS antenna (this is included in the box if you wanted to use them). Using an iPhone, you would want a bluetooth connection to carplay, not the built in one, that does nothing for carplay.

If your still connected to the car, you need to on your phone and change the profiles that the car has access to (this is when it asks if it access your address book, etc). You just want to use the car as a "headset" (it's a Bluetooth profile). Steve might be able to help more on the iPhone side if it.

Android Auto does not support (let me correct myself), Android Auto does support wireless BUT, this device does not, as of right now (I have been talking to Cosmo, they are currently in testing with it but, I will have to buy more hardware).

So in my case. I have Bluetooth headset profile to my car, on my Lsailt kit, I am hardwired with a USB cable to use it, no Bluetooth connections to the Lsailt kit.

Does that help ?
Old 09-11-20, 01:03 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Well, not sure on the RX side. If your using an iPhone, then one of the other guys could help, I am an Android user. So my experience is based off that.

The Navihome is the built in Android OS, don't connect to it, in your phone you should be able to block it so it does not ask to connect. UNLESS you have plans on using the Android OS (not Apple carplay or Android auto). This needs a speaker and it's own GPS antenna (this is included in the box if you wanted to use them). Using an iPhone, you would want a bluetooth connection to carplay, not the built in one, that does nothing for carplay. What do you exactly mean by this?

If your still connected to the car, you need to on your phone and change the profiles that the car has access to (this is when it asks if it access your address book, etc). You just want to use the car as a "headset" (it's a Bluetooth profile). Steve might be able to help more on the iPhone side if it. Help Steve

Android Auto does not support (let me correct myself), Android Auto does support wireless BUT, this device does not, as of right now (I have been talking to Cosmo, they are currently in testing with it but, I will have to buy more hardware).

So in my case. I have Bluetooth headset profile to my car, on my Lsailt kit, I am hardwired with a USB cable to use it, no Bluetooth connections to the Lsailt kit.

Does that help ?
first thanks for taking time out to help me. I will post pics of what I have/see. Now I’m not able to connect wireless. I prefer to use wirelessly.

Where I choose to connect to carplay

What I get when I lose connection wirelessly or waiting to connect

settings

I’m guessing this is the version I’m running. I ordered 8/24 so I assume I was sent unit with latest software.

I know you said do not connect via Bluetooth to NaviHome. I deleted it from the Bluetooth list on my phone

. What I circled is the actual carplay. I’ve never been able to connect to the NaviHome option under carplay.

I believe in order to connect wireless, I have to connect via WiFi to the android device.

the options I see under my car’s Bluetooth when I’m connected to it.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Apple CarPlay/Android Auto Mod...AWESOME