LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Aftermarket Apple CarPlay/Android Auto Mod...AWESOME

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-20, 01:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,772 Likes on 1,979 Posts

Is that the Lsalit system? Those menus look nothing like my menus
Old 09-11-20, 01:42 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Received 197 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Is that the Lsalit system? Those menus look nothing like my menus
yes. I was thinking the same because looking thru this thread and the one in the 4RX forum I don’t have some of the same options/menus I see guys have. I ordered my systems couple weeks ago so not sure if Lsailt is using something different. I do know I don’t have the carplay dongle to use wireless. I assume the unit I have has wireless built in somehow. Maybe David system is similar to what I have.
Old 09-11-20, 01:48 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

They must be. Thats totally different from mine.
Old 09-11-20, 08:06 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

Originally Posted by DavidinCT
Well, not sure on the RX side. If your using an iPhone, then one of the other guys could help, I am an Android user. So my experience is based off that.

The Navihome is the built in Android OS, don't connect to it, in your phone you should be able to block it so it does not ask to connect. UNLESS you have plans on using the Android OS (not Apple carplay or Android auto). This needs a speaker and it's own GPS antenna (this is included in the box if you wanted to use them). Using an iPhone, you would want a bluetooth connection to carplay, not the built in one, that does nothing for carplay. NaviHome is blocked from Bluetooth connection. Bluetooth connection to carplay??? Wirelessly I’ve been connecting to carplay via WiFi. However I did have NaviHome connected via Bluetooth as well but no longer based on what I’ve seen you and others on the 4RX forum suggest.

If your still connected to the car, you need to on your phone and change the profiles that the car has access to (this is when it asks if it access your address book, etc). You just want to use the car as a "headset" (it's a Bluetooth profile). Steve might be able to help more on the iPhone side if it. Done.

Android Auto does not support (let me correct myself), Android Auto does support wireless BUT, this device does not, as of right now (I have been talking to Cosmo, they are currently in testing with it but, I will have to buy more hardware). Where can we look to see if there is an update available? Our system isn’t like Steve’s and apparently others I’ve seen on this and 4RX carplay thread.

So in my case. I have Bluetooth headset profile to my car, on my Lsailt kit, I am hardwired with a USB cable to use it, no Bluetooth connections to the Lsailt kit. As of now in my LS, I have a solid wired carplay connection but I prefer to go wireless. I don’t like the idea of my phone constantly charging when I plug in for carplay. On my wife’s (RX) carplay she connects via wireless but it has been losing connection since day 1. I haven’t shown her where the USB plugs are location where she can hardwire her carplay connection.

Does that help ?
I responded in bold.
Old 09-12-20, 08:43 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 149 Posts

They must be. Thats totally different from mine.
It is completely different than mine... even the manufacturer on the image that show, is not even the same company. Maybe it is after a system update ? I'll try that on mine today but, I don't think it's the same device. It does seem to work the same way.

Well, not sure on the RX side. If your using an iPhone, then one of the other guys could help, I am an Android user. So my experience is based off that.

The Navihome is the built in Android OS, don't connect to it, in your phone you should be able to block it so it does not ask to connect. UNLESS you have plans on using the Android OS (not Apple carplay or Android auto). This needs a speaker and it's own GPS antenna (this is included in the box if you wanted to use them). Using an iPhone, you would want a bluetooth connection to carplay, not the built in one, that does nothing for carplay.
Originally Posted by BayeauxLex
NaviHome is blocked from Bluetooth connection. Bluetooth connection to carplay??? Wirelessly I’ve been connecting to carplay via WiFi. However I did have NaviHome connected via Bluetooth as well but no longer based on what I’ve seen you and others on the 4RX forum suggest.

Maybe I am not correct here, According reading in the past on the iPhone side of it (AGAIN, I don't have an iPhone). You get the first connection to the system via Bluetooth then Wi-FI. This is a not something I can 100% said for sure as I don't have an iPhone

If your still connected to the car, you need to on your phone and change the profiles that the car has access to (this is when it asks if it access your address book, etc). You just want to use the car as a "headset" (it's a Bluetooth profile). Steve might be able to help more on the iPhone side if it.
Done.

Cool

Android Auto does not support (let me correct myself), Android Auto does support wireless BUT, this device does not, as of right now (I have been talking to Cosmo, they are currently in testing with it but, I will have to buy more hardware).
Where can we look to see if there is an update available? Our system isn’t like Steve’s and apparently others I’ve seen on this and 4RX carplay thread.

Your system looks nothing like mine, did you get it from the same dealer or link we have ?

So in my case. I have Bluetooth headset profile to my car, on my Lsailt kit, I am hardwired with a USB cable to use it, no Bluetooth connections to the Lsailt kit.
As of now in my LS, I have a solid wired carplay connection but I prefer to go wireless. I don’t like the idea of my phone constantly charging when I plug in for carplay. On my wife’s (RX) carplay she connects via wireless but it has been losing connection since day 1. I haven’t shown her where the USB plugs are location where she can hardwire her carplay connection.

I wired mine into the center console (look at the images I did back in this thread), I always had a charging cable just coming out of the center console, now it's just plugged into the kit so I can wire it.

This is up to you on how you want to wire it, I even used the A/V jacks on this. Look what I did on my kit....(One of my big hobbies is collecting and playing modern and classic video games)

Last edited by DavidinCT; 09-12-20 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-12-20, 09:18 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Thats awesome!
The following users liked this post:
DavidinCT (09-12-20)
Old 09-12-20, 11:22 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Thats awesome!
You can do that in yours...the limit, it's only composite video, no HDMI but, there are cheap converters for that if needed.
SW17LS (09-12-20)
Old 09-12-20, 04:02 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

It is completely different than mine... even the manufacturer on the image that show, is not even the same company. Maybe it is after a system update ? I'll try that on mine today but, I don't think it's the same device. It does seem to work the same way.

The Navihome is the built in Android OS, don't connect to it, in your phone you should be able to block it so it does not ask to connect. UNLESS you have plans on using the Android OS (not Apple carplay or Android auto). This needs a speaker and it's own GPS antenna (this is included in the box if you wanted to use them). Using an iPhone, you would want a bluetooth connection to carplay, not the built in one, that does nothing for carplay.
Maybe I am not correct here, According reading in the past on the iPhone side of it (AGAIN, I don't have an iPhone). You get the first connection to the system via Bluetooth then Wi-FI. This is a not something I can 100% said for sure as I don't have an iPhone
That’s what I’m confused on how to make a bluetooth connection to carplay. Steve can you help here on the iPhone side?.

If your still connected to the car, you need to on your phone and change the profiles that the car has access to (this is when it asks if it access your address book, etc). You just want to use the car as a "headset" (it's a Bluetooth profile). Steve might be able to help more on the iPhone side if it.
I erased and reconnected to the car’s Bluetooth and I chose don’t allow address book, contacts etc. So I believe I’m connected as “headset” only.

Android Auto does not support (let me correct myself), Android Auto does support wireless BUT, this device does not, as of right now (I have been talking to Cosmo, they are currently in testing with it but, I will have to buy more hardware).
Your system looks nothing like mine, did you get it from the same dealer or link we have ?
Yes I ordered from Lsailt from AliExpress. I want to say I used a link someone posted to this thread or another carplay thread. I’ve been in contact with David from Lsailt about the issues. You guys here just seem to have a faster response time which I’m very grateful for.

So in my case. I have Bluetooth headset profile to my car, on my Lsailt kit, I am hardwired with a USB cable to use it, no Bluetooth connections to the Lsailt kit.
I wired mine into the center console (look at the images I did back in this thread), I always had a charging cable just coming out of the center console, now it's just plugged into the kit so I can wire it. So you ran one of the 3 USBs from the kit into the factory USB connection in the center console? I want to do that to my car and my wife’s RX if that’s possible.

This is up to you on how you want to wire it, I even used the A/V jacks on this. Look what I did on my kit....(One of my big hobbies is collecting and playing modern and classic video games) that is pretty sweet

responded in bold
DavidinCT (09-17-23)
Old 09-12-20, 04:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

So my system uses BT to initiate the wireless connection, then it uses wifi to run the connection. So it uses both BT and WiFi, same as David.
DavidinCT (09-12-20)
Old 09-12-20, 05:18 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

responded in bold
Not sure how much I can help more. You don't have system as we have. This is a completely different system Steve and I have...

Did some googling to figure out what you have...

http://www.translatetheweb.com/?ref=...jinnova.com%2f

I had to run the translate on there because I can only read English.

Now I am wondering what the differences are between these systems... Hmmmm...

Edit: I sent a message to Cosmo to see if this his and what the differences are on them....

Last edited by DavidinCT; 09-12-20 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-13-20, 07:31 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

In my wife RX (she has the same system I have) I did what you guys suggested and connected using Lexus RX as a headset only. However when she answers the phone, it connects to a “local host” instead of her car’s native Lexus RX Bluetooth. So each time, on her iPhone she has to change it over to Lexus RX. When it answers connected to the local host she can’t hear anything on the call but the caller on the other end can hear her.

I will pose this question on the 4RX carplay thread as well. I reached out to Lsailt. It shows my query has been assigned to Cosmo Xiong. Sometimes I’ve gotten a few responses from David Jia
Old 09-16-20, 08:35 PM
BayeauxLex
Instructor

So David from Cosmo (Lsailt) sent this YouTube link to me. This is a demonstration of the system I have from Lsailt. It’s a video on how to connect wirelessly.

DavidinCT (09-17-20)
Old 09-28-20, 05:41 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

@SW17LS

Was talking to Cosmo... He has Android 9 upgrade for my system(I am on 7.1 now), My model is LLTLKS-VER7.4.5H. He sent a video and you need to put in a MicroSD in to upgrade it(so much for the 2nd USB I put in the center console !).

Waiting for the download to upgrade my system. He did say it will get faster but, no change for Android Auto or Apple Car play.

Just a FYI..
Old 10-08-20, 12:28 PM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

I have been following tis thread. Thanks to you all for sharing your experience with this. I am planning on getting this or a similar unit as well.
I have seen similar units from different Vendors on AliExpress at lower cost but no sure about them.
Have you all received the latest updates to your units? Looking for updates feedback on your experiences.

Last edited by BiGEZ; 10-24-20 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-08-20, 12:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

@SW17LS

Was talking to Cosmo... He has Android 9 upgrade for my system(I am on 7.1 now), My model is LLTLKS-VER7.4.5H. He sent a video and you need to put in a MicroSD in to upgrade it(so much for the 2nd USB I put in the center console !).

Waiting for the download to upgrade my system. He did say it will get faster but, no change for Android Auto or Apple Car play.

Just a FYI..
Cool! Let me know how it turns out

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Apple CarPlay/Android Auto Mod...AWESOME