LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Aftermarket Apple CarPlay/Android Auto Mod...AWESOME

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-20, 07:05 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by ballaz
Thanks @kernal and @BiGEZ for the quick response. Ordered!!! lingering issues or new bugs discovered?
No issues with mine still working great, connects wirelessly every time. Switching between the oem and AA is smooth and seamless. Loving it. No need to touch the phone, goggle assistant follows my commands and do as I ask lol.
Old 12-15-20, 07:07 AM
ballaz
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zetascry
wouldn’t it be worth it to get the apple car play dongle and use your phone for everything? Btw which one did you order?
I ordered the one@BiGEZ ordered due to it supporting wireless android auto. I'm an android guy and like not being tethered to a cord/slow charging.
Old 12-15-20, 07:11 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zetascry
wouldn’t it be worth it to get the apple car play dongle and use your phone for everything? Btw which one did you order?
The whole purpose here it to not having to touch your phone while driving. The unit connects your phone wirelessly and you can control it from the car's OEM Screen. Android Auto and Carplay options for you. You can always switch between the unit and the OEM screens.
Old 12-17-20, 07:17 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 148 Posts

Just advice for everyone here. If you want one of these systems and you have an Android phone looking for Android auto. DO NOT buy the LSAILT version. Night mode does not work, No support for wireless Android auto. Talking back and forth to Cosmo for MONTHS now about these issues resulted in "might be coming" or "working on it", with still nothing (I have had this device for over 6 month now)

I was told he would get in touch with me about these features...2 months go by and not even a reply with a update.

I can't even use Waze at night because the lack of night mode and it's just too bright on the screen.

If you have an Apple device, the LSAILT unit is fine, Wireless apple car play works, night mode works... but, Android, forget about it/

I am so temped to rip this system out and buy a different one..

Old 01-08-21, 06:16 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

After some real thinking, I just ordered a replacement system that will give me Wireless Android Auto and night mode with Android Auto. If I had an Apple device, Wireless Apple Car play works and night mode (according to Steve) works as well.

This kit is perfect for an Apple user but, not a Android user (well it works with issues). Just wish knew this before buying it.

I'll be putting up for sale for a really good discount on here (I paid $475 for it) once I remove it. It will work on a LS460 from 2013-2015 or a GS with 12.3" display and Cosmo said I could have them contact them if they have any issues on install.
Old 01-08-21, 10:27 AM
awol63
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Has anyone done this on an 07-09 LS?
Old 01-08-21, 03:13 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Originally Posted by awol63
Has anyone done this on an 07-09 LS?
I don't believe so, there was a lot people asking about but, no one has confirm. Personally I would of preferred a touch screen than using the joystick that can be pain sometimes.

One of these kits for a 2007 to 2012 would be nice because of the touch screen.

If you look through this thread, they talk about somone named Cosmo... get his email and email to ask him. If there is a system, he would know.
Old 02-01-21, 04:10 PM
ballaz
Rookie

For those with the roadtop model. How did you get aux to become available. I am unable to select aux without something being plugged in the aux port in the arm rest. Additionally, does this match your hardware version?

Last edited by ballaz; 02-01-21 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-01-21, 04:11 PM
ballaz
Rookie

I have no sound and can only intermittently get wired android auto
Old 02-02-21, 02:47 PM
Kernel
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmm... When I start the car, I can just keep pushing "media" button until aux is selected. I can also select it from the menu without connecting anything to the aux port.

SDK and HW versions match, but my CUST Version and MCU Version are different:

SDK Version: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
CUST Version: v2.1.0.8.lt.l
MCU Version: 20.8.21.11
HW Version: Lexus
Old 02-02-21, 06:47 PM
ballaz
Rookie

Also, my remote touch is very labile. It is very difficult to select items in the menu & in android auto. I tried changing the force required to move the mouse but that did not remedy the problem. Roadtop sent me an update for it but did not fix the issues
Old 02-03-21, 05:36 AM
mhampton
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of you may recall I got a Carlinkit unit back in July for my '15 LS460. It never worked properly, as it was not fully compatible with that model's split screen. The joystick could not operate the unit without mucking up the car's settings at the same time. So I sent it back in July.

Well guess what turned up on my doorstep yesterday? The Carlinkit unit I mailed back to China in July. It was stuck in the mail 6 months, never delivered to Carlinkit. They did issue the refund, so I'm not upset. And who knows, maybe I can get the $70 back from the Post Office since it was not successfully delivered. But I'll tell you; anyone who is banking on being able to get warranty repair for one of these things should think twice.

Old 02-03-21, 12:03 PM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Originally Posted by ballaz
Also, my remote touch is very labile. It is very difficult to select items in the menu & in android auto. I tried changing the force required to move the mouse but that did not remedy the problem. Roadtop sent me an update for it but did not fix the issues
Follow up with Road top to get your issues resolved, they are responsive. Yes, as I mentioned the one thing you need to get used to is the remote touch operations. It takes some time getting use too. Just move it a bit slower and give it a second or two to register the icon you selected before pressing the button to confirm. Where possible I just use the goggle assistant function, tell it what you want.
It works a bit better if you move the button left to right instead of up and down.
Old 02-05-21, 01:23 PM
MJAG
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm kind of of getting lost in all these pages. Can someone link to the newest version of this interface? I'd like to run it with both Android and Apple. Thanks for the support! I've owned the car one month and love it.
Old 02-05-21, 05:48 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 294 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by MJAG
I'm kind of of getting lost in all these pages. Can someone link to the newest version of this interface? I'd like to run it with both Android and Apple. Thanks for the support! I've owned the car one month and love it.
Go to post #181 by BiGez for info on the unit that would work best for your needs.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Apple CarPlay/Android Auto Mod...AWESOME