LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Aftermarket Apple CarPlay/Android Auto Mod...AWESOME

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-24, 04:03 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts
Default GROM VLine Installation in Lexus LS 460 2013 +

[QUOTE=Piney1;11713988]Got the Grom VLine VL2 and put it in last night. Grom doesn’t have a video on how to install on the 13+ LS460 but there is one for the Beatsonic that shows the disassembly. Only thing I’d add to the video is that you really need to take the glove box off as well in order to route the wires.[QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing the photos and your experience with GROM products! Is this installation video applicable to your installation? If yes, we have it

Old 04-30-24, 09:14 PM
DashLynx
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If anyone wants Apple CarPlay and Android Auto made in the USA, complete with a lifetime warranty and the ability to route audio directly to the car if you have amplifiers and speakers installed, we've got a unit for you. They'll be exclusively sold here on the forum, limited to members at $400 each with free shipping within the United States and a lifetime warranty.
Old 05-01-24, 07:20 AM
Piney1
Intermediate

Received 287 Likes on 171 Posts

Yes, that is what I couldn’t find. Only thing I would do that they didn’t do on the video is take the 4 bolts out that hold the glove box as it is easier to get the wires through. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
gromaudio (05-01-24)
Old 05-09-24, 05:55 AM
THEunderPSI
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Be careful about DashLynx. He got destroyed on CorvetteForum. Definitely some red flags here and things that don't make sense. Watch the video on the DashLynx site. All I have to do is plug in this module into the USB port and I'll have Apple CarPlay? Hmmmm.....

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...acement-5.html
Old 05-09-24, 06:00 AM
Piney1
Intermediate

Y the whole thing strikes me as too good to be true. The only selling via forums is also similar to low tide on a hot summer day. For the extra couple hundred, I’ll go Beatsonic or Grom. Have had both and like both.
Old 05-09-24, 06:03 AM
DashLynx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by THEunderPSI
Be careful about DashLynx. He got destroyed on CorvetteForum. Definitely some red flags here and things that don't make sense. Watch the video on the DashLynx site. All I have to do is plug in this module into the USB port and I'll have Apple CarPlay? Hmmmm.....

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...acement-5.html
I really need everyone to read the threads. For some reason, people are refusing to read what's written. Once again, I'll have to make a very clear reply to this particular post because people just aren't reading. Originally, we came to the forums to sell a product for cars that already have factory CarPlay. This product allows you to add wireless CarPlay or HDMI input for vehicles that already have CarPlay. That's product number one.

However, we do have a professional product for cars that don't have CarPlay, and it requires installation. Originally, we didn't plan to offer this product to consumers because typically products that require installation need companies to provide an extensive amount of tech support. Normally, if you're a consumer trying to install a product like this, you wouldn't be able to do it without tech support. Since our products are geared towards professionals, we specifically released this product for DIY installation. It's clear as day. The product on the website doesn't say anywhere that you'll have CarPlay if you just plug it in. The video clearly states that your CarPlay will work through this device. It's people like this who just don't want to read anything.

Again, I'll repeat: there are two different products. There's a product that works with factory CarPlay in the car, and there's a product that requires you to dismantle your car in one way or another to add Apple CarPlay.

A product that simply plugs into the USB will not add CarPlay, nor do we claim that anywhere else.

And specifically addressing the person I'm replying to in this thread, they don't seem to understand that the Corvette forum was a totally different discussion about a completely different subject: people changing their factory equipment.

As you can see below in the screenshot with clearly state what this product is for

Last edited by DashLynx; 05-09-24 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-09-24, 06:06 AM
THEunderPSI
Driver School Candidate

Okay, great! Please provide information and a link to the product that adds Apple CarPlay to cars that don't come equipped.

And I did read..... which is why I'm letting everyone know of the red flags.
Old 05-09-24, 06:17 AM
DashLynx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Piney1
Y the whole thing strikes me as too good to be true. The only selling via forums is also similar to low tide on a hot summer day. For the extra couple hundred, I’ll go Beatsonic or Grom. Have had both and like both.
So, for skeptics like you who doubt things that seem too good to be true, let me tell you, we've opted for one of the toughest marketing routes out there: forums. The feedback is instant and from real users, which can't be faked. You can't just conjure up a user registration from five years ago with thousands of posts overnight.

The truth is, reviews on Amazon, Google, and pretty much anywhere else you look are often fake.

YouTube is no exception. Nearly all product reviews there are biased because they're tied to affiliate links. We've had hundreds of YouTubers approach us, offering glowing reviews in exchange for a cut of the profits.

We're active vendors on 75 different internet brand forums. You can do the math on how much that costs.

All our products are designed with professionals in mind.

Now, we're rolling out a product for cars with factory-installed CarPlay that requires zero installation.

We're also considering offering our professional line of products to customers.

The most transparent way for us to sell our products is through forums. You can't fake the opinions of long-time members who've been part of the community for years, engaging with people on a daily basis. Who would you trust more: someone leaving a fake review on Amazon or a forum member with a long track record?

No company with a less-than-perfect product would even think about advertising on these forums because they know they'd get real, honest feedback from the members who are here every single day.

The only products that can withstand this level of scrutiny are truly the best in the world.
Old 05-09-24, 06:20 AM
Piney1
Intermediate

If it is just adding wireless to a car equipped with wired carplay, a $40 adaptor from Amazon will work. Did that with the Jeep Wrangler that I gave my daughter after I installed a Stinger High10 in it that was set up for being wired only.
Old 05-09-24, 06:23 AM
DashLynx
Former Sponsor

Okay, great! Please provide information and a link to the product that adds Apple CarPlay to cars that don't come equipped.

And I did read..... which is why I'm letting everyone know of the red flags.
I don't think you actually read it because you wouldn't be posting here. Professional products aka that require installation usually need tech support. If you look at products that need a pro setup, people often struggle to get help when they ask questions. That's because most companies aren't set up to help individual customers. Every new customer needs tech support again and again. We're debating whether to update all our manuals for DIY or hire more tech support. That's why we're here, talking about the product that plugs into the USB port for cars with Apple CarPlay. It's simple; it just plugs in and works, no installation or support needed. We've seen tons of posts from people who bought products meant for pros and then had to ask others for help on the forums and we don't want that for our product. If people have to go online and ask others for help, it means there's a support gap for the product.
Old 05-09-24, 06:28 AM
DashLynx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Piney1
If it is just adding wireless to a car equipped with wired carplay, a $40 adaptor from Amazon will work. Did that with the Jeep Wrangler that I gave my daughter after I installed a Stinger High10 in it that was set up for being wired only.
Yeah, that might seem like a steal for the $40 adapter, but if you check out those $40 adapters, most of them have one or two-star reviews. If you actually read the genuine reviews, not ones where someone's reviewing a pen in an adapter review, that's usually how five-star Amazon reviews go.

For most cars, they fail pretty quickly. We developed a product for members for $199 that adds wireless CarPlay, made in the USA, and comes with a five-year warranty, but that's not the product we're here to offer.

The product we're up against is these Chinese AI boxes. They come with built-in apps, etc., and they make you use factory CarPlay, or rather, not lose factory CarPlay. And if you want to stream videos, you'll need to buy a compatible SIM card, which will run you about $40 a month. That adds up to an extra $140 in a three-year period. We designed our product to not need any SIM card, which costs $299 for forums members. There's a huge difference between $299 and the product you'd buy for $200 on Amazon, plus the extra $1440 in a three-year period for a SIM card to use the product.
Old 05-09-24, 06:36 AM
DashLynx
Former Sponsor

The product that requires installation into the car, hidden behind the dashboard, has its advantages over all other products - our product made in the USA from top-notch components. That's why we offer a lifetime warranty. We provide a lifetime warranty simply because we manufacture it with the best possible components. If other brands' products are so good, why do they only offer a one-year warranty? If their product is top-notch, why can't they offer a lifetime warranty? The products hidden away behind the dashboard come with a lifetime warranty, not just a five-year warranty like the ones that plug into the USB, because those are prone to drops, spills, etc. Additionally, we've developed a proprietary way to route audio from your phone to your car's Bluetooth, so you can use factory Bluetooth for calling and factory Bluetooth audio. Moreover, we're the only product In the world that use only automotive connectors, which means that wiring and pins won't become loose over time, etc.
Old 05-09-24, 06:42 AM
THEunderPSI
Driver School Candidate

Copied from your first post: If anyone wants Apple CarPlay and Android Auto made in the USA, complete with a lifetime warranty and the ability to route audio directly to the car if you have amplifiers and speakers installed, we've got a unit for you.

Copied from your second post: Again, I'll repeat: there are two different products. There's a product that works with factory CarPlay in the car, and there's a product that requires you to dismantle your car in one way or another to add Apple CarPlay.

I want to add Apple CarPlay. You stated your product can do it. I want more information and a link to the product that will add it.

Unless, of course, you really don't have one and are simply misleading people into buying an extremely overpriced USB to HDMI converter. If so, man up, admit it and move on.
Old 05-09-24, 06:48 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

The 4th gen LS does NOT have CarPlay or Android Auto wired or wireless from the factory so all this dongle product talk isn't an option and shouldn’t be discussed here please

ONLY discussions about specific products that work on the 4th gen LS460 in this thread.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-09-24 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-09-24, 10:02 AM
DashLynx
Former Sponsor

Exclamation

Copied from your first post: If anyone wants Apple CarPlay and Android Auto made in the USA, complete with a lifetime warranty and the ability to route audio directly to the car if you have amplifiers and speakers installed, we've got a unit for you.

Copied from your second post: Again, I'll repeat: there are two different products. There's a product that works with factory CarPlay in the car, and there's a product that requires you to dismantle your car in one way or another to add Apple CarPlay.

I want to add Apple CarPlay. You stated your product can do it. I want more information and a link to the product that will add it.

Unless, of course, you really don't have one and are simply misleading people into buying an extremely overpriced USB to HDMI converter. If so, man up, admit it and move on.
As you can see in the thread post above, we've explained and even posted a screenshot that the USB to HDMI converter is only for cars that have factory CarPlay.

However, we'll be posting products specifically for cars that do not have factory CarPlay.

But if your vehicle does have factory CarPlay, that's an amazing product. Obviously, this model of Lexus does not have factory CarPlay, and originally, we weren't anticipating offering this product to consumers, as it requires installation, which is normally something that professionals would do.

However, it seems like a lot of people are willing to take apart their cars and install the product, so we're going to start offering this directly.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Apple CarPlay/Android Auto Mod...AWESOME