LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

can't pair my samsung s6 to auto works sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-19 | 01:49 PM
rxron1
Driver School Candidate

Default can't pair my samsung s6 to auto works sometimes

2007 lexus ls 460 sometimes it works. but mostly it never connects. have followed all instructions. have re-set to default settings as well, even tried numerous passkeys i.e. 1111, 0000, 1234 etc. is it possible there is an equipment problem with lexus. as an aside my garage door won't pair either.

Last edited by rxron1; 08-20-19 at 01:52 PM. Reason: incomplete
Old 08-21-19 | 07:47 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Is Bluetooth on your phone turned off? Is your phone already connected to another Bluetooth device such as a household telephone system? Does another phone connect with your car first when you start it thus preventing your phone from connecting?

Can you press the off-hook button on the steering wheel and then manually connect by pressing a virtual "connect" button on the in-dash screen?

I often have to manually connect my phone to a vehicle system regardless of which vehicle I'm driving. Here are some of the scenarios:

If my wife was the last person to drive one of our vehicles with her phone connected to it and if her phone is within range, her phone will connect to the vehicle system first which means that I have to manually connect my phone.

If my phone is connected to our household Bluetooth phone system, my phone will not be "available" for it to connect to a vehicle Bluetooth system. I can manually connect my phone to a vehicle but I sometimes have to drive to a point where I am out of range of our household Bluetooth phone system.

And sometimes I simply turn Bluetooth off on my phone and forget to turn it on before starting a vehicle. I sometimes turn Bluetooth on my phone off so that junk telemarketing calls don't ring the household Bluetooth connected phones scattered throughout our house. I turn Bluetooth on my phone on when I realize my phone isn't connecting with a vehicle system but I usually then manually connect my phone to the vehicle system instead of waiting for it to eventually connect since that can take several minutes.

BTW, my phone is a Samsung S5 on AT&T. I'd love to get a new phone but the S5 is the last Samsung phone with infrared which I depend on to sneakily turn down the TV volume when my hearing impaired wife has the volume at head splitting levels.

Transmitting a garage door opener code to a vehicle built-in HomeLink button and then pairing the vehicle HomeLink button with the opener by pressing the "learn" button on the opener housing can be a challenge since the operation has to be completed within a limited amount of time and can require a step ladder to reach the learn button. And some garage door openers are not compatible with HomeLink.

Older garage door openers may not be compatible - see your garage door opener user manual for stated HomeLink compatibility. Garage door openers used in shared garages (e.g. apartments, condominiums, cooperatives, commercial parking garages) may not be compatible with HomeLink for security reasons.
Old 08-21-19 | 08:31 AM
rxron1
Driver School Candidate

thanks, but i have tried all of your suggestions for both. nothing works
Old 08-21-19 | 01:42 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rxron1
thanks, but i have tried all of your suggestions for both. nothing works
I now see that you started another thread about your garage opener last September. It's very rare for a vehicle HomeLink component to fail but it can happen. Maybe a company that sells garage doors and openers can help you if you need some sort of adapter as mentioned by others in your previous thread or to determine if HomeLink in your Lexus is even working.

Do any phones work with your LS Bluetooth? Have you asked friends/relatives to attempt to pair their phones with your LS? I've been helping people with Bluetooth for a long time - since when the Bluetooth standards organization (the Bluetooth SIG) was my corporate neighbor here in Johnson County Kansas before it moved to the Seattle area - and I've seen only a handful of cases where a Bluetooth issue was caused by the vehicle. 99.9% of the time the problem is with the phone but it certainly possible that your case is one of the rare exceptions.