LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

VGRS error

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-19, 05:58 AM
Bhaving
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VGRS error

I have 07 LS460L and I am getting VGRS error since I bought the car. The alignment shop had to remove the steering wheel and put it back as he said that there was not much room left in tie rods to do the adjustments. After he put the steering back, he did the alignment but did not have the computer to calibrate the steering. I got two independent mechanic to check this but they could not. I got the dealer check and they could not and am told that they are not able to get into the ECU. The scan code reads C1591 and the C1593. Has any one had this error before and is there a fix to this without breaking my bank?
Old 12-20-19, 09:49 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 213 Likes on 191 Posts

I do not understand the situation where the dealer cannot get into the ECU what does that mean? is that normal? or is there something wrong with your car that they are not able to read the ECU? have you googled? first one seems to be saying it needs calibration. 2nd one https://www.autocodes.com/c1593_lexus.html

https://www.autocodes.com/c1591_lexus.html

other than you apparently managing to read the codes from some place. are there any other symptoms? check engine light? power steering works as it should? so before we assume there is something actually wrong with the steering actuator,

https://workshop-manuals.com/lexus/l...ion/page_9268/

My steering rack has been refurbished, as far as i can see the VGRS actuator is something that connected to the steering wheel before that connects to the steering rack... i could be wrong... but basically... have all the wires and connections to your steering system tested. that means visually inspecting for green and rust etc... if you see issues like that have them replace the connectors and next time around dielectric grease... now if you cannot see an issue and are not replacing the connectors then you should have someone handy with the multimeter to check all the connections and wires.

so everything is working fine checked and tested cleaned and whatever else... have lexus perform a recalibration of the system if that codes do not go away or come back again then you might have to get a used part and throw it in...

but if they cannot read the ECU ... maybe the wires there have an issue or you need a new VGRS ecu?