LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Buying a 2014 Lexus LS460

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-20, 11:32 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 295 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by AMACK
just to be clear...2015 the enform autostart will work with all the other features, correct?

Just pay the yearly subscription fee
Yes, remote start thru Lexus Enform app will work for 2015+ LS. $80 per year. You have to get separate subscriptions for other Enform services. Check the Lexus Driver site for available services for your car by VIN#.
Old 01-01-20, 11:40 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LuxuryCar1
I have looked into this kit https://www.12volt.solutions/product...-kit-smart-key because it is completely plug & play (no splicing wires) and it can be upgraded to give you smartphone access (which would eliminate the range issues). However, there are other solutions members here have done. Search "remote start" to see the many discussions.
Originally Posted by Spudo769
I too was surprised that the LS didn't come with remote start. I thought about adding it. However I have found that the combination of the heated seats, heated steering wheel and quick to warm up climate control pretty much makes it a non issue. In the summer the cooled seats and air conditioning also work fast. I live in NE Iowa, no stranger to cold or hot extremes.
The 12volt remote start kit looks great ($249). The Remote start App kit is another $199. So, I could get this smart app-based Remote start for my car for $448 plus a subscription of $38/year. That's a lot of money for a convenience that I would use about 10 times per year (I drive the car all year about 3-4 times a week). As Spudo says, the cold car is pretty much a non-issue, especially in central Missouri where I live, unless it gets brutally cold.
The following users liked this post:
chrisstone (01-01-20)
Old 01-01-20, 12:02 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
Yes, remote start thru Lexus Enform app will work for 2015+ LS. $80 per year. You have to get separate subscriptions for other Enform services. Check the Lexus Driver site for available services for your car by VIN#.
It's weird that different cars get different available service combinations. I just checked and mine is $160 per year, because I cannot get Remote without SafetyConnect.

Here's what they offer for my car:

Old 01-01-20, 12:20 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DerrickM
It's weird that different cars get different available service combinations. I just checked and mine is $160 per year, because I cannot get Remote without SafetyConnect.

Here's what they offer for my car:

Hi Derrick,
I was quoting the rate last time I checked over a year ago. The subscription services and packages have changed since. $160 per year is a steep rate, but if it can be written off as a business expense or the Remote Start gets used very often, then this cost could be considered a good value.
chrisstone (01-01-20)
Old 01-01-20, 12:36 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

I think it's overpriced for sure; but I wouldn't want to go without those remote features. I wonder if the price ever goes down as the cars get older? Also, I assume they have different pricing tiers for the different models? (Sorry chrisstone, didn't mean to hijack your thread!)
chrisstone (01-01-20)
Old 01-01-20, 12:50 PM
chrisstone
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it's overpriced for sure; but I wouldn't want to go without those remote features. I wonder if the price ever goes down as the cars get older? Also, I assume they have different pricing tiers for the different models? (Sorry chrisstone, didn't mean to hijack your thread!)
hahhaa its all good! Stinks the 2014 doesn't qualify.
Old 01-01-20, 01:01 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Originally Posted by chrisstone
hahhaa its all good! Stinks the 2014 doesn't qualify.
I would create an account and add your car to your "garage" by VIN, then see exactly what they offer you. (I'm curious to see how much different it could be with a one model year difference). This is worth doing anyway, because you'll be able to see your car's service history, recalls, etc.

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/

Edit: Sorry, I see you already did this to get the specs....

Last edited by DerrickM; 01-01-20 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-01-20, 01:19 PM
chrisstone
Driver School Candidate

I would create an account and add your car to your "garage" by VIN, then see exactly what they offer you. (I'm curious to see how much different it could be with a one model year difference). This is worth doing anyway, because you'll be able to see your car's service history, recalls, etc.

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/

Edit: Sorry, I see you already did this to get the specs....
i just signed up and im going theough my new account but cant figure out where the option is. Could it be hidden or does that mean my car wont be able to use it?
Old 01-01-20, 01:30 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

They do not make it easy.

Click on your username in the upper right
Click "Manage Garage"
Click the "Manage this Vehicle" button
Click "Lexus Enform * Subscriptions", then click the "Manage Subscriptions" hyperlink

chrisstone (01-01-20)
Old 01-02-20, 06:16 PM
chrisstone
Driver School Candidate

Default Just arrived!

I just picked up the LS460! Man this thing is sweet! I have a lot of learning to do, I see.

Later this weekend I'll post pics and maybe a video of her. There were a few things I wasn't informed about and not happy with (a tear in the seat, a few tiny holes in interior) but I still feel the deal I got couldn't be beat and overall am happy.

Can't wait to share more with you guys! Now I have to go work all night instead of enjoying my new purchase lol.
LuxuryCar1 (01-02-20)
Old 01-02-20, 06:33 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Can't wait to see the pictures!
Old 01-03-20, 03:16 AM
Johnhw2
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by chrisstone
i just signed up and im going theough my new account but cant figure out where the option is. Could it be hidden or does that mean my car wont be able to use it?
Congratulations on a great car. Got a 2014 with the L option which adds about 5 or 6 inches length to the rear seating basically. Mine is also AWD. Bought it new and love it more now than when I picked it up just about 5 years ago this past november. This thing has been bullet proof. Absolutely no issues at all and grown to feel the power to weight is just right, it is quick when I want it to be.

The battery went just under four years and warranty covered replacement. I think that might be short length of time as I double or triple lock it remotely when I get out to be sure its locked as I leave my wallet in the vehicle. Suspect this small battery needed over and over might have reduced battery life but not really sure it doe have that impact. But no worries with that minor item.

This thing is great on a trip or around the city here in DFW where it has been 44k of its 50k miles. I buy them and drive them. Mine is black on black with a few options, it was a demo with 250 miles on it. The dealer kept one AWD for our market where it is not really a big need. I prefer the safety of all wheel drive even in this climate.

Enjoy your new car. Great choice
chrisstone (01-04-20)
Old 01-06-20, 05:08 PM
chrisstone
Driver School Candidate

Here are some pics before the window tint.

Old 01-06-20, 05:11 PM
chrisstone
Driver School Candidate

Here are pictures after the window tint. I just snapped quick ones. No photoshoot yet lol.

LuxuryCar1 (01-06-20)
Old 01-06-20, 05:36 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Very nice!
chrisstone (01-06-20)

Quick Reply: Buying a 2014 Lexus LS460