LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

HELP! 07 LS460 ECB warning check parking brake! C13AF

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-20, 07:19 PM
truviethug
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP! 07 LS460 ECB warning check parking brake! C13AF

Like the title says I have a 07 LS460 with the ECB warning light on with message check parking brake! C13AF is the stored trouble code. Vehicle brakes normally. Auto parking brake/manual parking brake do not work at all. At first it was just manual parking brake not working then the auto parking brake stopped as well. If anyone has any insight on this that would be great. I tried searching but found nothing at all on code C13AF. Only light on is ECB!
Old 01-15-20, 06:14 AM
ausLX
Pit Crew

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

What do you mean by "manual parking brake"? Do you mean that when you move the gear selector into 'P' the brake does not engage? I understand how to turn on the auto park brake.
Old 01-15-20, 12:13 PM
truviethug
Driver

Originally Posted by ausLX
What do you mean by "manual parking brake"? Do you mean that when you move the gear selector into 'P' the brake does not engage? I understand how to turn on the auto park brake.

So both the auto switch for parking brake and manual push parking brake the switch right under the auto doesnt work so parking brake does not engage at all. Not talking about the gear selector.
Old 01-15-20, 12:16 PM
truviethug
Driver

This is the only light on
Old 01-18-20, 02:26 PM
truviethug
Driver

No one else has had this issue?
Old 01-18-20, 03:26 PM
unabee
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

I haven't had this issue, but the service manual has a troubleshooting procedure for it. It starts with clearing the codes. It's a tad too involved to cut and paste it here.Youll need to get TIS access, and have a techstream cable to really follow it, unfortunately.
Old 01-19-20, 05:07 AM
truviethug
Driver

Originally Posted by unabee
I haven't had this issue, but the service manual has a troubleshooting procedure for it. It starts with clearing the codes. It's a tad too involved to cut and paste it here.Youll need to get TIS access, and have a techstream cable to really follow it, unfortunately.

I have Techstream and cable but no TiS acess. I tried clearing the code with techstream but it wont clear for some reason. I tried erasing the code then reset memory and linear valve offset which completed no problem. Weird because it says parking brake must be functonial to complete linear valve offset but its not.
Old 01-19-20, 06:12 AM
ausLX
Pit Crew

Techstream is TIS. If you bought the cable, it should come with techstream access, so you can download the software to use the cable. Unless I am mistaken, I bought my cable with an included software CD...
Old 01-19-20, 07:33 AM
truviethug
Driver

Techstream is TIS. If you bought the cable, it should come with techstream access, so you can download the software to use the cable. Unless I am mistaken, I bought my cable with an included software CD...

Yup software is installed but acess to the Lexus repair manuals etc I believe you need an actual login and pw.
Old 01-19-20, 07:43 AM
ausLX
Pit Crew

So what are you saying? You need to access the LS460 repair manual? I think you can buy it separately from online sources.
Old 01-19-20, 04:13 PM
truviethug
Driver

So what are you saying? You need to access the LS460 repair manual? I think you can buy it separately from online sources.

Im asking if anyone has any insight or have experienced this trouble code before. I have techstream and if i can figure out what to replace without having to go to the dealer i would much rather go that route.
Old 01-19-20, 05:42 PM
unabee
Driver

TIS and Techstream are not the same.

TIS = Technical Information System . It is a website with information. It includes manuals and if you are certified, it has system software for updating your car. Us regular guys can buy limited access (no security info or software updates). This is the only way to get a complete manual. There are 3rd party manuals but they're severely lacking and don't have the shop troubleshooting procedures. https://techinfo.toyota.com/

Techstream= Software/Hardware for diagnosis. It connects to TIS for some operations, but will run without a connection and with your grey market techstream cable, it won't connect the two. I don't recommend trying to tie a paid account to your grey market techstream cable. You're pretty much running hacked software with your cable . A REAL techstream system is thousands of dollars last I checked.
​​​​​​​
Old 01-19-20, 06:10 PM
unabee
Driver

Originally Posted by truviethug
Im asking if anyone has any insight or have experienced this trouble code before. I have techstream and if i can figure out what to replace without having to go to the dealer i would much rather go that route.
Seems as if the answer is no, but like i said, the manual does have a troubleshooting procedure. TIS costs money and youre just gonna have to do it if you want to work on or with the electronics systems. Some people get the 3 day access and spend 3 days downloading each individual page. There is no way to just one click download the whole manual. DONT fall for the 3rd party Chilton or Alldata BS manuals. Those manuals are complete crap and missing anything beyond simple procedures or pricing.

here's what the manual says about clearing codes w&wo techstream. Ill try to help, but you really should get your own access. :
(This is slightly abridged for clarity)

DTC CHECK / CLEAR1. CHECK DTC AND FREEZE FRAME DATA (with Techstream)

(a) Turn the engine switch off, and connect Techstream to the DLC3.

(b) Turn the engine switch on (IG) and the tester ON.

(c) Enter the following menus:

Techstream - Select: Chassis / Electric Parking Brake / Trouble Codes /

(d) Check for DTC.

(e) Check the freeze frame data.

HINT:

For the freeze frame data confirmation method, refer to (the manual. i cant cut and past everything!)

2. CLEAR DTC AND FREEZE FRAME DATA (with Techstream)

(a) Turn the engine switch off and connect the Techstream to the DLC3.

(d) Clear DTCs.

HINT:

If you clear DTCs, the freeze frame data will also be cleared.

3. CHECK DTC (without Techstream)

(a) Turn the engine switch off.

(b) Using SST, connect terminals 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.

SST: 09843-18040 (this is basically a wire, google it)

NOTICE:

Do not connect the wrong terminals, as this will cause parts to be damaged.

(c) Turn the engine switch on (IG), and read the DTCs from the number of blinks of the parking brake indicator light (RED).

HINT:
  • If normal, the light blinks at 0.25 second intervals.
  • If DTCs are stored, refer to the Diagnostic Trouble Code Chart (this is in the manual, too , but post your findings if you get here)
  • If there is only 1 DTC, the DTC is displayed with a 4.5 second pause in between displays. If there are several DTCs, the DTC are displayed with a 2.5 second pause in between each code. Once all of the DTCs are displayed, there is a 4.5 second pause and the DTCs are output again.
  • If 2 or more DTCs are detected, the MIL will display the smaller number DTC first.
4. CLEAR DTC (without Techstream)

SST: 09843-18040

NOTICE:

(c) Within 5 seconds after turning the engine switch on (IG), push the electric parking brake switch to the lock side 5 times.

NOTICE:

If the parking brake switch is pushed too fast, it may not respond. If it does not respond, perform the operation again and push the switch more slowly.

(d) Check that a normal system code is output.

HINT:

If the malfunction continues, the DTC may not be clearable.

You're welcome
Old 01-20-20, 07:16 AM
truviethug
Driver

Originally Posted by unabee
Seems as if the answer is no, but like i said, the manual does have a troubleshooting procedure. TIS costs money and youre just gonna have to do it if you want to work on or with the electronics systems. Some people get the 3 day access and spend 3 days downloading each individual page. There is no way to just one click download the whole manual. DONT fall for the 3rd party Chilton or Alldata BS manuals. Those manuals are complete crap and missing anything beyond simple procedures or pricing.

here's what the manual says about clearing codes w&wo techstream. Ill try to help, but you really should get your own access. :
(This is slightly abridged for clarity)

DTC CHECK / CLEAR1. CHECK DTC AND FREEZE FRAME DATA (with Techstream)

(a) Turn the engine switch off, and connect Techstream to the DLC3.

(d) Check for DTC.

(e) Check the freeze frame data.

HINT:

For the freeze frame data confirmation method, refer to (the manual. i cant cut and past everything!)

2. CLEAR DTC AND FREEZE FRAME DATA (with Techstream)

(a) Turn the engine switch off and connect the Techstream to the DLC3.

(d) Clear DTCs.

HINT:

If you clear DTCs, the freeze frame data will also be cleared.

3. CHECK DTC (without Techstream)

SST: 09843-18040 (this is basically a wire, google it)

NOTICE:

(c) Turn the engine switch on (IG), and read the DTCs from the number of blinks of the parking brake indicator light (RED).

HINT:
  • If normal, the light blinks at 0.25 second intervals.
  • If DTCs are stored, refer to the Diagnostic Trouble Code Chart (this is in the manual, too , but post your findings if you get here)
  • If there is only 1 DTC, the DTC is displayed with a 4.5 second pause in between displays. If there are several DTCs, the DTC are displayed with a 2.5 second pause in between each code. Once all of the DTCs are displayed, there is a 4.5 second pause and the DTCs are output again.
  • If 2 or more DTCs are detected, the MIL will display the smaller number DTC first.
4. CLEAR DTC (without Techstream)

SST: 09843-18040

NOTICE:

(c) Within 5 seconds after turning the engine switch on (IG), push the electric parking brake switch to the lock side 5 times.

NOTICE:

If the parking brake switch is pushed too fast, it may not respond. If it does not respond, perform the operation again and push the switch more slowly.

(d) Check that a normal system code is output.

HINT:

If the malfunction continues, the DTC may not be clearable.

You're welcome

Thank you!
Old 02-17-21, 05:39 PM
Kiriku
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you solve this problem on your car already?

If you have been solve this problem already.could you tell me how to solve it.

Quick Reply: HELP! 07 LS460 ECB warning check parking brake! C13AF