LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Car Wax

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-20, 10:35 PM
SRLaserguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesrx350
the key to ceramics is all the prep work

claying
buffing, polishing
with dual action polisher

alcohol prep wipe down
then the ceramic
then reload silica spray to protect against rain on ceramic
it took 7 hours for my ls460 6 and half hours prep and a half hour to ceramic coat
Thank you!!!
Old 02-29-20, 10:35 PM
SRLaserguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mikesrx350
c quartz lite is great,

c quartz uk 3.0 is little better

I used the c quartz lite with great results
Thank you!!!
Old 02-29-20, 10:41 PM
SRLaserguy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JLAWS
I'm going to assume that the only detail equipment you have is a bucket and maybe some rags
I highly recommend Klasse All in on acrylic coating. After you thoroughly wash your car and dry it, simply apply this with a damp rung out microfiber cloth. Use small amounts and spread evenly. Wait a minute or 2 and wipe off. Use on your rims, headlights anywhere you want to add protection. After your are done you can enhance the look by adding some spray wax (Meguiars, Eagle one, Mothers) in top of it to maintain protection.

Acrylic is the Solution. Acrylic is different than wax, silicones, and polymers. This polish will bond to your car’s surface just like the previously mentioned treatments, but it will not cause any change to your paint, and you don’t have to worry about drying time. Klasse All In One dries as fast as you apply it, and there is no risk of hazing or streaking. All-In-One contains no abrasives or silicones, and does not stain plastic, vinyl or rubber trim. It can be used on any non-porous surface, and in addition to car care it is also approved for marine and aviation use
Yes, I have a bucket and a few rags. I will look into Klasse. Does this product protect as well as a wax???
Old 03-01-20, 12:09 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by SRLaserguy
Yes, I have a bucket and a few rags. I will look into Klasse. Does this product protect as well as a wax???
First, go to the detailing forum and read up on it. Please do that first.
Old 03-01-20, 06:58 AM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

forgot to add,
I bought 2 inch masking tape for cars and taped around chrome and rubber, when you buff if the pads are not cleaned properly during buff and polish you will get some dust.
if you need any assistance, private message me, the c quartz lite had amazing results, with a simple application its put on and take off immediately.

cheers
Old 03-01-20, 06:59 AM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

if you are looking into something like Klasse
follow the steps I outlined for ceramic,
then put a black polishing pad on instead of the ceramic application
put the Wolfgang synthetic sealant 4.0 on it with a black polishing pad

your results will be phenomenal
Old 03-01-20, 08:48 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Klasse was a great product back in the day, but nowadays there are better products that are easier to use.
Old 03-01-20, 10:37 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by SRLaserguy
I have a small detail business out of my garage. I have detail products galore. This is just 1/2 of my supplies! For novices Klasse in the red container is the best overall sealant & cleaner imo to use. No need to mask off anything. It applies and removes very easily. Please note Klasse in the silver container is hard to remove when it dries.

Klasse in red container protects very well and it is very convenient. I bought the 3 liter bottle of it and use it for the household (faucets, ceramic tile, etc)
You can apply on nearly all surfaces. Just make sure you rags are clean with no dirt and grit on them. You should rinse out the rags and ring it out during application to remove any grains of dirt sand etc. Use rubber gloves!

The following users liked this post:
SRLaserguy (03-01-20)
Old 03-01-20, 10:40 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

You should really try some more modern products. You can get similar or better results to Klasse AIO in products that come in spray bottles now. Even products like CarPro Hydro2 that flashes when it’s hit with high pressure water.

If you’re going to go through the hassle of applying a product like Klasse you may as well use a ceramic coating.