LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2013-2015 LS 460 Fuel Pump Recall

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-20, 12:37 PM
toantran99
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidinCT
I am assuming that if your not on the list, you have a different part number in the fuel pump, and your not having the issue. So far people on this thread are 2014 owners that got the recall, no 2013 owners...

Just wondering,.,,Why do you HOPE, you get a recall on it if your car is not affected with the issue ?
Getting new part
Old 03-07-20, 11:04 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

I did not get any official notice yet, however like most of you I checked my car VIN on Lexus.com and it shows this recall open for 2014.
Old 03-24-20, 07:10 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 148 Posts

I think I am actually noticing a symptom of this recall. My car accelerates perfectly under say 60mph but, when I am driving 65-75 and I accelerate (passing etc), I get some hesitation, almost like a puttering, if I punch the petal down, it is fine. I could see someone who would never put the petal down it could possibly stall out. Under lower speeds, no noticed effect here, I think it starts showing up around the 65-70mph range.

Just something that I didn't notice in the test drive. I would bet it was the reason why the last owner traded it in, as I am sure it's an expensive out of pocket repair.

Just some of the minor details I am noticing after having the car over a month now... it's about the only bad thing that I see...

Looking forward to see this repair done and see if this fixes it.
Old 03-24-20, 01:08 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

If you go on to the Lexus Owners Site, there should be a banner at the top with regards to the recall. The info states there is an issue, but not a fix. I generally contact my Lexus dealer with these issues, but this time, knowing they're working on the repair, I'll leave it alone for the time being. I know that will make them happy.
Old 03-24-20, 01:42 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Originally Posted by R Z
If you go on to the Lexus Owners Site, there should be a banner at the top with regards to the recall. The info states there is an issue, but not a fix. I generally contact my Lexus dealer with these issues, but this time, knowing they're working on the repair, I'll leave it alone for the time being. I know that will make them happy.
I said above in this thread, I did get the popup, I am one under the recall. As I looked today, still no fix or date yet.
Old 07-02-20, 11:52 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Hey all, I checked today and it shows "Remedy Available" Any one have it done yet ? Is this a waiting type thing, or is this a big job that I will need to leave my car for a few days ?

Still working at home due to Covid-19 and will be going back soon, but, if I can make a trip to get this done, I will.

Recall now available

Old 07-02-20, 01:18 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 295 Likes on 253 Posts

Hey all, I checked today and it shows "Remedy Available" Any one have it done yet ? Is this a waiting type thing, or is this a big job that I will need to leave my car for a few days ?

Still working at home due to Covid-19 and will be going back soon, but, if I can make a trip to get this done, I will.
Recall now available
I am getting my fuel pump replaced next month. I am also having the transmission, differential and transfer case fluid service done on the same visit (same day). The recall work will take only a few hours.

Call your favorite Lexus dealer. They will make an appointment and order the fuel pump to perform the recall work.
Old 07-03-20, 06:52 AM
R Z
Pole Position

I was told they'd contact me. At this point I'll wait a while and see if anyone does give me a call.
Old 07-03-20, 07:10 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by R Z
I was told they'd contact me. At this point I'll wait a while and see if anyone does give me a call.
You can always call and schedule the recall work. Take the guessing/waiting out of the process.
Old 07-03-20, 01:29 PM
ALK
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 108 Posts

The parts kit is limited to each VIN due to having many models . So for those outside the states and need to have this issue fixed with your own money. You need to contact a US dealer and provide the VIN then they will tell the part kit number which you have to purchase. This only applies for people who bought US models overseas . I attached 'TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAFETY RECALL 20LA01" . The whole fix should take 1-2 hours max

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RCRIT-20V012-7930.pdf (2.42 MB, 135 views)
Old 07-07-20, 09:03 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Originally Posted by comotiger
I am getting my fuel pump replaced next month. I am also having the transmission, differential and transfer case fluid service done on the same visit (same day). The recall work will take only a few hours.

Call your favorite Lexus dealer. They will make an appointment and order the fuel pump to perform the recall work.
That is actually a good idea, I need to see the costs behind all the fluid changes...

I'll wait till I get back to the office, as the Lexus dealer is only 15 min away from there. It's almost 45 min from where I live. It's only 3 weeks away, so, no worries...
Old 07-07-20, 01:53 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

That is actually a good idea, I need to see the costs behind all the fluid changes...

I'll wait till I get back to the office, as the Lexus dealer is only 15 min away from there. It's almost 45 min from where I live. It's only 3 weeks away, so, no worries...
The recommended fluids according to the manual are Toyota 75W-85 GL5 (Front and rear differentials), LL80 (Transfer case) and ATF WS (transmission)

I did a careful analysis of getting all the services done at my "local" Lexus dealer (2 hours away) versus my independent mechanic (2 minutes away). The total labor is around 3.5 to 4 hours. There were many differences between their quotes due to different fluids used for transmission, differential and transfer cases. For my independent mechanic, I would have had to buy all the fluids I wanted instead of the generic ones he quoted for. For Lexus dealer, I would have to buy only the LL80 transfer case fluid, which is pretty expensive ($140), but considered a must to avoid "chugging" or "lurching" issues. My Lexus shop uses Mobil1 75W-85 for differentials, and ATF WS.

Pricing in my preferred fluids, the Lexus quote was about $90 higher than my independent shop ($675 vs $585, before taxes). Since I am getting the fuel pump recall work done, I decided to go with the Lexus shop for these services. The cost difference will probably be smaller because there will be some dealer coupons when I visit.

Plus, I will get a loaner for the day, and be able to "visit" with family I haven't seen in months!
The following users liked this post:
DavidinCT (07-07-20)
Old 07-08-20, 09:51 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Originally Posted by comotiger
You can always call and schedule the recall work. Take the guessing/waiting out of the process.
I decided to take your words to heart and I emailed the local Lexus service manager. Let's see.
Old 07-23-20, 06:15 PM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

I had my recall service for the fuel pump done today. Last week I called my Lexus Dealer to schedule an oil change and they told my the recall is ready for my car. They had to order the parts kit from Lexus which took a few days. Today was my off day so I scheduled to have it done along with my oil change while I was off. Got me a loaner (2019 ES350) to run errands instead of sitting at the dealership waiting room. Not taking any chances with COVID-19. The waiting was packed with customers waiting for their cars.
I suggest you guys call your local dealer and schedule an appointment if you have not gotten this service done.
Old 07-24-20, 05:53 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by ALK
The parts kit is limited to each VIN due to having many models . So for those outside the states and need to have this issue fixed with your own money. You need to contact a US dealer and provide the VIN then they will tell the part kit number which you have to purchase. This only applies for people who bought US models overseas . I attached 'TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAFETY RECALL 20LA01" . The whole fix should take 1-2 hours max
just so people know , if you have a US vehicle but the car is not in the US, the safety recall is still valid for you, determine the closest Lexus to you or that you want to I go to, contact Lexus US on Facebook and they will arrange it. Warranty is finito as soon as you export but safety recall is forever and anywhere

Quick Reply: 2013-2015 LS 460 Fuel Pump Recall