LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Control Arm Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-20, 11:34 PM
Gennady7
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Control Arm Bushings

Has anyone used all 10 pieces from PSB.

Lexus LS460 07-16 Front Upper Lower Control & Strut Arm Poly Bushings 10 Piece
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-LS460...UAAOSw8f9bvLtO

I did some searching but couldn't find feedback from anyone that did this. My current control arms are shot on 09 as well as motor mounts and struts.

Thanks for input!
Old 03-09-20, 01:58 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Gennady7

I did some searching but couldn't find feedback from anyone that did this. My current control arms are shot on 09 as well as motor mounts and struts.

Thanks for input!
Some people say there's squeaking, if I were you I would 1.buy from the UK site I think it's cheaper and also only get the lower control arm Bushings, the rest have no sleeves and I think are prone to squeaks that I have heard one or 2 people mention here.

Next for the upper Bushings you can go with figs, it's polyurethane in metal sleeve which in my opinion will last longer than factory, rubber degrades. There should be cheaper options out there in Ukraine alone there are 2 companies doing these for 10+ bucks a bushing.

Rubber fails because it cracks so eliminate that problem solved, there's even a guy here that remakes ball joints which makes buying new arms unnecessary
The following 2 users liked this post by jdanielca:
Boomin (03-09-20), Gennady7 (03-10-20)
Old 03-09-20, 10:42 AM
mambo619
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for input!

I used the PSB bushing for the lower arms. TBH i hated them. it made the steering wheel feel like it was on ice skates and they only lasted me a few months before 1 ripped apart and the other came out completely. I ended up going with Autozone (DuraLast) and i am much happier. they come with a lifetime warranty, about half the price of OEM and the Bushing is Rubber...

Old 03-10-20, 11:11 PM
Gennady7
Intermediate

Awesome, thanks for your reply.

Are these the ones?

https://www.shopfigs.com/v3/CAT-G4-LS/LS460-FRUCABSH

The following users liked this post:
jdanielca (03-11-20)
Old 03-10-20, 11:14 PM
Gennady7
Intermediate

I had poly bushings back in the day on a maxima and hated it to be honest. But living in NYC, I am really looking for a longer lasting alternative, although squeaking sucks. But if the drive is that bad, getting from Autozone might make sense since they are lifetime. Did you have to pay anything extra to get that option? How do they compare to OEM?
Old 03-11-20, 09:27 AM
mambo619
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had poly bushings back in the day on a maxima and hated it to be honest. But living in NYC, I am really looking for a longer lasting alternative, although squeaking sucks. But if the drive is that bad, getting from Autozone might make sense since they are lifetime. Did you have to pay anything extra to get that option? How do they compare to OEM?
as far as i know, they come standard with rubber bushings. to me, they feel pretty darn close to stock.
The following users liked this post:
jdanielca (03-11-20)
Old 03-11-20, 09:50 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Interesting...
Old 03-11-20, 11:54 AM
Spudo769
Pit Crew

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

What about this kit? Seems pricey but cheaper than OEM https://www.shopfigs.com/v3/LS460_COREPLUS_REFRESH
Old 03-14-20, 12:45 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Yes mystery mob is correct, these things are garbage and failed in 2 months of use

The dealer at armstrong bushings said it's been a known problem, and they have developed a new product which he will send out to me

That was over a month ago, he doesn't reply to emails and ignores my number , I reached him using a different number and he sounds like hes just stalling me and putting me off.

These things are crap and I paid ALOT of money having these swapped in

In terms of ride quality I had no complaints there

(EDIT) The guy at armstrong bushings says he's sending out my new version bushings this week free of charge , ill let you know know if it happens

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 03-17-20 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-28-20, 02:07 PM
Gennady7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Spudo769
What about this kit? Seems pricey but cheaper than OEM https://www.shopfigs.com/v3/LS460_COREPLUS_REFRESH
I seen these before, but don't know the quality of Mevotech. Its definitely an alternative and not too bad of a price for all the components.
Old 03-28-20, 02:08 PM
Gennady7
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Yes mystery mob is correct, these things are garbage and failed in 2 months of use

The dealer at armstrong bushings said it's been a known problem, and they have developed a new product which he will send out to me

That was over a month ago, he doesn't reply to emails and ignores my number , I reached him using a different number and he sounds like hes just stalling me and putting me off.

These things are crap and I paid ALOT of money having these swapped in

In terms of ride quality I had no complaints there

(EDIT) The guy at armstrong bushings says he's sending out my new version bushings this week free of charge , ill let you know know if it happens
Wow thanks for sharing!

Did he ever send out the new bushings?
Old 03-31-20, 11:29 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Wow thanks for sharing!

Did he ever send out the new bushings?
Just messaged him again 5 minutes ago

He ignores, ignores, ignores and then replies with an excuse, then ignores, ignores and ignores

Messaged me two weeks ago saying their "new shipment" just came in, and they would be sent out the next day , politely asked for a tracking number and he went silent again for a week, repeated follow ups nothing, then last Friday he replies saying sorry hes not sure if they were sent yet, will give me an update "first thing Monday morning" , of course no reply on Monday.

Im giving him the benefit of the doubt, he says he has a new updated version now, so I will take him at his word and install them ( I will have to pay the labour for it of course) , but this is getting a bit much now.
Old 03-31-20, 01:59 PM
colfax
Intermediate

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

Four months ago I had all suspension components replaced on my 07 with 120,000 miles, with labor $3000.

We also checked the motor mounts and decided while there is some motor movement it is not significant enough at this time to replace them.

My independent very good mechanic said he was not interested in doing the motor mounts in the future as it was too big of a pain in the ***.

So at some point I will hate taking my car to a Lexus dealer and pay the high price.

An easy way to check them is to have the car running and at a stop and with foot on brake give it a little gas and watch the left and right front sides of the car
to see if there is a lift, right now I have very little lift so the mounts are still good for presumably many miles.
Old 04-10-20, 06:23 PM
truviethug
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdanielca
Some people say there's squeaking, if I were you I would 1.buy from the UK site I think it's cheaper and also only get the lower control arm Bushings, the rest have no sleeves and I think are prone to squeaks that I have heard one or 2 people mention here.

Next for the upper Bushings you can go with figs, it's polyurethane in metal sleeve which in my opinion will last longer than factory, rubber degrades. There should be cheaper options out there in Ukraine alone there are 2 companies doing these for 10+ bucks a bushing.

Rubber fails because it cracks so eliminate that problem solved, there's even a guy here that remakes ball joints which makes buying new arms unnecessary

Do you know who it is? Im looking to replace balljoints on my factory upper arms so i can install figs bushings
Old 06-07-20, 04:30 AM
WHTLDY
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Just messaged him again 5 minutes ago

He ignores, ignores, ignores and then replies with an excuse, then ignores, ignores and ignores

Messaged me two weeks ago saying their "new shipment" just came in, and they would be sent out the next day , politely asked for a tracking number and he went silent again for a week, repeated follow ups nothing, then last Friday he replies saying sorry hes not sure if they were sent yet, will give me an update "first thing Monday morning" , of course no reply on Monday.

Im giving him the benefit of the doubt, he says he has a new updated version now, so I will take him at his word and install them ( I will have to pay the labour for it of course) , but this is getting a bit much now.
Any update, have you since received and Installed the psb bushings? How do they feel and ride?

Quick Reply: Control Arm Bushings