LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Finally pulling the plug on LS460

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-20, 07:33 AM
eddyxwb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally pulling the plug on LS460

I finally purchased 2015 LS460 F Sport and I am not planning on driving much beside weekend. It has 80k miles but I think I get a pretty good deal so I am excited about it because this is what I dream of owning one.

Hopefully, I will learn something new about this forum and I've just registered. Any tip of how I can appreciate this car even more?

Thanks
Old 04-10-20, 08:18 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,272 Likes on 984 Posts

Congrats and welcome. You already found the right subform to post on. At the top of this forum are some "stickies" permanently saved posts that you should look through for very common questions. I've noticed the search feature is not great and that you need to look at several pages of results to find what you're looking for. Things you can easily do are change two air filters under the hood and the cabin filter in glove box, warning: be sure the air is set to recirculate, turn car off then change cabin filter or you risk breaking a delicate part. Some Toyota parts are less money and fit /work great, though not many for the LS. Lexus service is very expensive, Toyota can be a better price. Many simple systems rely on the computer to monitor them and therefore Techstream service software is sometimes needed. Anyone can buy and use it but it is pricey, this is a must have for a repair shop to service your car and there are independents who use it, just ask. There are other software systems but they don't always address Lexus specific systems, so don't let a shop talk you into "our software will do the job".
If you post a question here be sure to include year, model and trim level, options as they sometimes make a big difference in the answer. Always respond back when you've resolved an issue, not just because it's courteous but also for others to learn from your specific issue.Go to drivers.lexus.com and register your vin number, you'll be able to review any dealer service history and find lotsa of how to videos and info about your specific car such as "personalized settings" which will specifically give you more enjoyment of your LS.

Last edited by swfla; 04-14-20 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-10-20, 08:51 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Congrats! Enjoy it
Old 04-10-20, 09:08 AM
eddyxwb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swfla
Congrats and welcome. You already found the right subform to post on. At the top of this forum are some "stickies" permanently saved posts that you should look through for very common questions. I've noticed the search feature is not great and that you need to look at several pages of results to find what you're looking for. Things you can easily do are change two air filters under the hood and the cabin filter in glove box, warning: beside the air is set to recirculate, turn car off then change cabin filter or you risk breaking a delicate part. Some Toyota parts are less money and fit /work great. Lexus service is very expensive, Toyota can be a better bet. Many simple systems rely on the computer to monitor them and therefore Techstream service software is sometimes needed. Anyone can buy and use it but it is pricey, this is a must have for a repair shop to service your car and there are independents who use it, just ask. There are other software systems but they don't always address Lexus specific systems, so don't let a shop talk you into "our software will do the job".
If you post a question here be sure to include year, model and trim level, options as they sometimes make a big difference in the answer. Always respond back when you've resolved an issue, not just because it's courteous but also for others to learn from your specific issue.Go to drivers.lexus.com and register your vin number, you'll be able to review any dealer service history and find lotsa of how to videos and info about your specific car.
Thank you for the great insight information. I wanted this car for a very long time but too expensive so I have been putting off unit now. They did 80k services already before I purchased so I am good for next 5k miles I believed? I shall take your consideration to go to Toyota Service center instead Lexus.
Old 04-10-20, 09:48 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,272 Likes on 984 Posts

There's also a Local Chapter forum thread here for Southern Cali. you may find members in your area who have found reliable independent garages. Why not place an introductory post there and also do a search of that forum for mechanics garages, etc .I'm in San Diego and have found some of these places are over priced because they specialize in Lexus. It really depends on the work being done.
Old 04-10-20, 10:33 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

Congrats and welcome. Post some photos of the inside and out. We love to look at 460's!!
Old 04-10-20, 04:01 PM
ragabnh
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Congrats, I myself bought a red 2013 LS 460 F-Sport last November, great car.