LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Time to Cash Out?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-20, 02:25 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
As someone who prices things for people and sells those things for them I can tell you, its always the price. If an item were on fire it would sell for the right price, and price cures all objections.
Its also market demand
Old 06-07-20, 02:29 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by swfla
Agreed, it's 13 years old, any car that age will have repairs on worn parts. Engine and transmission still good? You're asking too much. It doesn't matter what you think it's worth, it's the buyers that determine it's value. Drop the price and you'll be happy it's gone.
Wouldn't you need to know the specs and asking price of a car before you make such a bold statement?

Im priced better then the competition, I also have more going for my car then the others, control arms redone with receipts, brakes done, all dealer recalls done, paint corrected, interior mint, 19 inch oem wheels (rare here) , and low mileage .

Its the market honestly, here in Ontario they don't want them, and if they do they want AWD (not sure why, the last thing id want is an older model AWD)

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 06-07-20 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-07-20, 02:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Its also market demand
And market demand is also cured by price. If its cheap enough someone will buy it in any market.
Old 06-07-20, 02:31 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Im not a dealer but ive been buying and selling cars for about 15 years now, its not my price trust me , im already cheaper then the other guys and mine has a lot of other things going for it, control arms redone, all dealer recalls done, paint corrected , interior is near mint, low mileage , 19 inch oem wheels etc....
Its always the price. I hear this argument from sellers all day every day. You are assigning more value on the intangibles about your car, the things you've done, etc than the buyer population does and it has caused you to overprice the car. Reduce the price to $9,900 and I bet you'd sell it.

Its like the guy in my business who has the upgraded shingles and nails. Nobody cares.
Old 06-07-20, 02:43 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Reduce the price. $13,000 is a lot of money for a 13 year old car.

Then you aren't going to sell it, so I would suggest you change your attitude about it and enjoy it. Can't say you're priced aggressively if its been for sale for 2 years and nobody has made you an offer...its overpriced.
its overpriced? wow, then it should be easy to show me a bunch of lower priced, low mileage 460L's on the market.

Im looking for one for my brother so lets see what u come up with, shouldn't take you long.
Old 06-07-20, 02:51 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Its always the price. I hear this argument from sellers all day every day. You are assigning more value on the intangibles about your car, the things you've done, etc than the buyer population does and it has caused you to overprice the car. Reduce the price to $9,900 and I bet you'd sell it.

Its like the guy in my business who has the upgraded shingles and nails. Nobody cares.
This is getting funny , so lets put it on record, STEVE now says "a cars maintenance and condition means nothing to its current value on the used car market"

And I haven't added one dollar to the price based on those things, im priced LESS then the others , 5th time saying it so follow along.

Yes I reduce it to $9 900 and get offers of $6-$7k , im sure id sell it too

But no one does business that way , and if you recommend that to your clients ud be fired in the snap of a finger.

Im still waiting for those low mileage 460Ls steve, how long u gonna make me wait ?

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 06-07-20 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-07-20, 02:56 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Dude, your car has been for sale for 2 years and nobody has bought it. What other cars exist out there are meaningless. I'm giving you constructive advice, if you really want to sell your car as much as you have said you do, then you need to make it cheaper. If it doesn't sell in 30 days or so, it aint gonna sell.

If you reduce it to $9,900 and the only offers you get are $6-7k and thats the best you can negotiate...then thats what its worth. Thats how markets work. What you want for it or think it might be worth is meaningless, what matters is what a buyer is willing to pay for it and you have 2 years of evidence that they aren't willing to pay what you're asking.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. If you aren't committed to selling it for what the market will pay, I would just stop stressing over it and enjoy the car.

and if you recommend that to your clients ud be fired in the snap of a finger.
I recommend realistic prices to my clients that get results, if they don't listen to my recommendations...I fire them not the other way around.
Old 06-07-20, 03:01 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Dude, your car has been for sale for 2 years and nobody has bought it. What other cars exist out there are meaningless. I'm giving you constructive advice, if you really want to sell your car as much as you have said you do, then you need to make it cheaper. If it doesn't sell in 30 days or so, it aint gonna sell.

If you reduce it to $9,900 and the only offers you get are $6-7k and thats the best you can negotiate...then thats what its worth. Thats how markets work. What you want for it or think it might be worth is meaningless, what matters is what a buyer is willing to pay for it and you have 2 years of evidence that they aren't willing to pay what you're asking.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. If you aren't committed to selling it for what the market will pay, I would just stop stressing over it and enjoy the car.

I recommend realistic prices to my clients that get results, if they don't listen to my recommendations...I fire them not the other way around.
Steve enough of your strawman arguments, im asking for you some low mileage 460Ls for under $13k, you said mine was way overpriced.

How long do I have to wait I don't have all day.
Old 06-07-20, 03:16 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Why would I even bother to look that up? If you don't want to listen to my advice thats fine, but I maintain if your car hasn't sold in 2 years and everything else is excellent as you say its too expensive. I promise you someone somewhere in the last 2 years has bought a 2008 LS460L and it clearly wasn't yours. It ain't rocket science.

You clearly do have all day since nobody is bugging you calling about your car for sale lol.

Last edited by SW17LS; 06-07-20 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-07-20, 03:26 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I just noticed this:

Im looking for one for my brother so lets see what u come up with, shouldn't take you long.
Your brother doesn't want yours?!?
Old 06-07-20, 03:44 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Why would I even bother to look that up? If you don't want to listen to my advice thats fine, but I maintain if your car hasn't sold in 2 years and everything else is excellent as you say its too expensive. I promise you someone somewhere in the last 2 years has bought a 2008 LS460L and it clearly wasn't yours. It ain't rocket science.

You clearly do have all day since nobody is bugging you calling about your car for sale lol.
Just as I thought , once again you've let your online ego make a fool out of you.

You wont look cause you know you wont find many, and your not man enough to admit you were wrong.

Old 06-07-20, 03:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Whether or not I find any doesn’t matter. Your car is not selling, and when something doesn’t sell it’s because it’s overpriced. Even condition is a function of price. If it’s rough, the price just needs to be lower. Price cures all objections.

I totally believe that you have done your research and that your car is priced lower than the other ones out there. What I’m saying is that doesn’t matter. What people are listing cars for on the market doesn’t matter, what matters is what they are selling for. I can list my car for $100,000, it doesn’t mean yours is well priced because it’s $95,000. If none of the cars listed are selling, they are ALL overpriced.

Clearly you are emotionally involved in this (hence the freaking out at anybody suggesting your price is too high) and you’re not looking at it objectively. Keep on the same way you have been and you will never sell the car. If you really do want to sell the car you should reduce the price. Being angry at and throwing insults at me isn’t going to sell your car

Last edited by SW17LS; 06-07-20 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-07-20, 04:03 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,282 Likes on 991 Posts

Who are the the competitors that you're comparing your asking price to? Other private sellers or used car dealers? No matter who, you have no way of knowing what is happening with these other cars nor the selling prices. Dealers will send a car to auction and it could end up anywhere as dealers from outside your area can and will buy auction cars and have them trucked to them. For all you know private sellers are taking $5k rather than sit on it for months, let alone years. Too bad you're so unhappy about your situation. Hope you can find some way to be happy.

Last edited by swfla; 06-07-20 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-07-20, 07:39 PM
Nospinzone

Received 423 Likes on 326 Posts

OK, time to get this back on topic before we scare runnyeggs away. I've already hijacked the thread once.
The following users liked this post:
lwphat66 (06-08-20)
Old 06-07-20, 09:49 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Whether or not I find any doesn’t matter. Your car is not selling, and when something doesn’t sell it’s because it’s overpriced. Even condition is a function of price. If it’s rough, the price just needs to be lower. Price cures all objections.

I totally believe that you have done your research and that your car is priced lower than the other ones out there. What I’m saying is that doesn’t matter. What people are listing cars for on the market doesn’t matter, what matters is what they are selling for. I can list my car for $100,000, it doesn’t mean yours is well priced because it’s $95,000. If none of the cars listed are selling, they are ALL overpriced.

Clearly you are emotionally involved in this (hence the freaking out at anybody suggesting your price is too high) and you’re not looking at it objectively. Keep on the same way you have been and you will never sell the car. If you really do want to sell the car you should reduce the price. Being angry at and throwing insults at me isn’t going to sell your car
Steve if you cannot back up your claims so you should really move on, I know your ego wont let you drop it but your just spinning in circles now.

Before you or anyone has the right to voice their opinion on a cars price point, they would need to know the specs, and asking price, you knew neither, that was very arrogant and ignorant of you.

No more tap dancing around the topic , either prove my cars overpriced or admit your wrong. Simple as that

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 06-08-20 at 06:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Time to Cash Out?