LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Check ABS VSC Brake PS

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-20, 11:52 AM
Vq3660
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Check ABS VSC Parking Brake System Power Steering

Hi everyone.Please i need help

2008 LS460 base 170k mile.

the problem started when my battery died suddenly although its new but after investigation the alternator is the one. And that's why 2 days before i heard some bad noise when starting the car after parking it for more than 12h.
Anyway, Before takeing the car to mechanic i tried to jumpstart so each time i hit the start button the starter runs and the brake paddle goes crazy i did this multiple times and i stopped i was afraid not to continue as this my damage my ABS or any computer modules in the car. So towing it to mechanic and altonator was replaced i started the car and after 3-4 miles the dashboard was lighting all the battery the brake malfunction everything i went back to mechanic the next day i started the car but ABS VSC, PS, and check parking brake system (pic attached) the mechanic told me he had no idea about the lights , and since i came about replacing the alternator he showed me big multimeter with indicator telling me the alternator is working and charging fine i took the car and its been 2 months im using it the lights some time when i start the car after a day parking everything is disapperd but this is rarely, most of the time the lights stays on, the strange thing is the power steering light is on but the steering is slightly heavy i can turn easily, when its disapperd the turns are so easy. Anyway i i checked fuses, connection, harness. I cleaned and tight ground area nothing changed. I hook up my scan most of the codes are (Lost Communications)
i contacted my Tis techstream and i used ( CAN Bus ) inspection i got many red colors ( pic attached)
the most disturbing things is when i chose ABS/TRAC/VAC from techstream ecu menu it show ( selected system is not responding )
Please i need help and thank you all

Last edited by Vq3660; 05-29-20 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-20-20, 09:09 PM
lx4life
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever fix your brake actuator you posted about ? I am sure thats your culprit.
Old 05-21-20, 04:06 AM
Vq3660
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lx4life
Did you ever fix your brake actuator you posted about ? I am sure thats your culprit.
​​​​​That post was for a friend. My car since i bought it 5 months ago had no issue in the brake actuator. And im not sure if the previous owner change it.
Old 05-21-20, 05:33 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

You need to figure out why those ECUs are no longer communicating. If those lights were not in when you took the car to the mechanic I'm pretty sure a fuse or relay was blown. I would start by checking ALL the fuses and relays in the car. If you don't feel like doing that take it to the dealer and pay for an hour of diagnostics. I'm certain that they will figure out the issue pretty quickly. All the list communications have to be tied to one thing. Hopefully the main ECU is not damaged.
Old 05-21-20, 07:27 AM
Vq3660
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sha4000
You need to figure out why those ECUs are no longer communicating. If those lights were not in when you took the car to the mechanic I'm pretty sure a fuse or relay was blown. I would start by checking ALL the fuses and relays in the car. If you don't feel like doing that take it to the dealer and pay for an hour of diagnostics. I'm certain that they will figure out the issue pretty quickly. All the list communications have to be tied to one thing. Hopefully the main ECU is not damaged.
My electrician checked all Fuses they all good, i changed some cheap parts got them on ebay like PS ecu module and the DC converter under the battery cover. I changed ABS relay i checked all connections nothing. The dealer in my country charges approximately 350usd per single diagnosis after they will come with lists of K's money
Its better if we can solve some issue with car so we get knowledge. Ill struggle to fix it the dealer will be the last solution
sometimes all the lights disappeared by itself, if i restart the car they back, the problem is i cannot access the ABS/TRAC/VAC menu in TIS Techstream it show me the selected system is not responding or not available
Old 05-21-20, 06:25 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Did your electrician check the ECM for proper communication. The CAN BUS lines are located underneath the steering to the left on left hand drive vehicles.
Old 05-22-20, 06:25 AM
Vq3660
Driver School Candidate

Did your electrician check the ECM for proper communication. The CAN BUS lines are located underneath the steering to the left on left hand drive vehicles.
If you mean Engine Control Module its working, do you have a diagram for the CAN Bus please ist a module or fuse?
Old 05-23-20, 05:01 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vq3660
If you mean Engine Control Module its working, do you have a diagram for the CAN Bus please ist a module or fuse?
I'll check tonight when I get back home.
Old 05-23-20, 07:25 AM
Vq3660
Driver School Candidate

I'll check tonight when I get back home.
Yeah please, ill appreciate. I started my car this morning and while in road going to work suddenly the PS light with Check brake dissaperd by itself. This is really strange
i believe at this moment if i hook my techstream ill communicat with ABS/VAC/TRAC ECU without any problem. but i did not took my laptop with me 😔
Old 05-23-20, 12:12 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah please, ill appreciate. I started my car this morning and while in road going to work suddenly the PS light with Check brake dissaperd by itself. This is really strange
i believe at this moment if i hook my techstream ill communicat with ABS/VAC/TRAC ECU without any problem. but i did not took my laptop with me 😔
You should try it as soon as you can with the lights off. I'm betting it will work also.
Old 05-23-20, 02:09 PM
Vq3660
Driver School Candidate

You should try it as soon as you can with the lights off. I'm betting it will work also.
When i went home i picked up the laptop and plug it in, unfortunately when i chose ABS/TRAC ECU from the menu it show me " the selected system is not responding" i turn the car on all lights was there
Is this some kind of electrical short? i mean if one of the components is faulty the lights will stay on, i dont know why sometimes they disappeared by itself especially the power steering with parking brake system
Old 05-29-20, 12:10 PM
Vq3660
Driver School Candidate

Problem still present, please help
I believe my problem is lost communications CAN Bus.
I don't know from where to start, duraing the Techstream diagnosis i tried to unplug some of the ECUs, i started by disconnecting the Power Steering ecu but i couldn't reach the ABS/VSC/TRAC Ecu i tried disconnecting the parking brake ecu just to try isolate the issue. But nothing changed, also i checked all connections and i cleaned the ground points with sand pepper and tighten it nothing helps, the only thing is working is to park the car for a day and if i start it all warning lights dissaperd by itself if i turn it off and on they are back.

Last edited by Vq3660; 05-29-20 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-29-20, 08:03 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Problem still present, please help
I believe my problem is lost communications CAN Bus.
I don't know from where to start, duraing the Techstream diagnosis i tried to unplug some of the ECUs, i started by disconnecting the Power Steering ecu but i couldn't reach the ABS/VSC/TRAC Ecu i tried disconnecting the parking brake ecu just to try isolate the issue. But nothing changed, also i checked all connections and i cleaned the ground points with sand pepper and tighten it nothing helps, the only thing is working is to park the car for a day and if i start it all warning lights dissaperd by itself if i turn it off and on they are back.
Check out the first post in this thread and it will show you where the Can+ and Can- wired are in the ECU.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...stall-diy.html
Old 05-29-20, 10:26 PM
Vq3660
Driver School Candidate

Check out the first post in this thread and it will show you where the Can+ and Can- wired are in the ECU.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...stall-diy.html
Hi mate, ok i saw the pictures, ill remove the cover and see there. Ill reply once i finish, thank you very much
Old 05-30-20, 11:05 AM
aamerift20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VSC , ABS and Brake light turned on yesterday on my 2007 LS 460 during the emission inspection.
The car jerks on braking. Any idea how to reset?