LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

To sell or to keep 2007 ls460 L huge sigh.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-20, 01:19 AM
Style
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default To sell or to keep 2007 ls460 L huge sigh.

I really do like this car but it's got to the point of I'm looking up hand gun laws and cost of tasers lol.

i dont know if anyone else has this issue but this car draws tons of attention , example my bf dropped his blazer off at a detail guy who works from home I went to pick him up, I pull up he gets in right before we drive off I see the guys neighbor walk up and point at my car and say hey man what you buying get me some thinking im selling drugs smh..

then I pull up at my aunt's house two guys walk up 9pm from right rear of my car I lower the rear window about 5 inches and ask can I help you they reply are you ok I said yes thank you, they come closer I'm like yes I said and I'd be careful if i were you walking up on someone like you did you might get shot they look at each other and walk away..

tonight i walk out and a car passing buy es330 stops makes a u turn and parks 3 houses away and across the street from my friends house watching for over an hour God knows what they wanted my car is all silver and all stock

idk it's just got me thinking wth I'm a female and I'm 19 this is crazy i like it it feels safe drives great but people have issues..

Last edited by Style; 06-06-20 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-06-20, 02:59 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Style
I really do like this car but it's got to the point of I'm looking up hand gun laws and cost of tasers lol.

i dont know if anyone else has this issue but this car draws tons of attention , example my bf dropped his blazer off at a detail guy who works from home I went to pick him up, I pull up he gets in right before we drive off I see the guys neighbor walk up and point at my car and say hey man what you buying get me some thinking im selling drugs smh..

then I pull up at my aunt's house two guys walk up 9pm from right rear of my car I lower the rear window about 5 inches and ask can I help you they reply are you ok I said yes thank you, they come closer I'm like yes I said and I'd be careful if i were you walking up on someone like you did you might get shot they look at each other and walk away..

tonight i walk out and a car passing buy es330 stops makes a u turn and parks 3 houses away and across the street from my friends house watching for over an hour God knows what they wanted my car is all silver and all stock

idk it's just got me thinking wth I'm a female and I'm 19 this is crazy i like it it feels safe drives great but people have issues..
well I am going to get flamed, but it is the society you live in which has issues, sure even here in Ukraine people look a bit notice a bit, but not the way you are describing. Sometimes I get a bit of stares because I think they think a guy under 30 is driving the car, if they only knew how old I really was they wouldn’t bat an eyelid, when I drove a Infiniti G35x 2007 back in 2007, I had quite a bit of fun in Ottawa, big fish small pond effect.
Old 06-06-20, 03:35 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

I’ve never had an issue like you describe. I don’t believe the LS is at the same level as Mercedes for instance.

Maybe people see an easy target, in that you are a young female? Due to other societal issues here in the US, I am now going to get a license to carry. Too many crazy, self-entitled idiots roaming the streets these days. I live in a very rural area, as I like peace and quiet and less population.

Keep the car, as long as you like it that is.
Old 06-06-20, 05:53 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

STYLE: I can relate to your situation after I purchased my '10 460L black on black with chrome wheels. A few days after I got the car I was getting gas and another person getting gas said to me "that's the kind car people will kill you for". So many times strangers have pulled up besides me, slowing down, we're side by side and they are staring hard, making me feel very uncomfortable. I'm not young and I'm not driving a newer S-class or 7 series but the 460 is a beautiful automobile that attracts all kinds of attention. Even today I still get nice complements but sometimes threatening stares and attention.
Old 06-06-20, 08:41 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

I think it all depends on where you live. Here luxury cars are very commonplace, and nobody gives my LS460L a second look. I do get compliments from time to time, which are nice. Last month I was on my way back from WV and stopped at a rest stop and an older gentleman complimented on what a beautiful car it is, which was very nice.

In fact, thats one of the things I like a lot about the LS, its not as flashy as something like an S Class.
The following 2 users liked this post by SW17LS:
dlbuckls10 (06-07-20), swfla (06-07-20)
Old 06-06-20, 09:24 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

Yeah same here Steve. Never had an issue with any of my Lexus cars. I have had plenty of people compliment me and once with my LS400, I had someone walk up and offer to buy it. Otherwise, no problems.
Old 06-06-20, 09:29 AM
xfea
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Yup - it's the 14 year old car you drive - draws way too much attention.
Should get rid of it and get a 28 year old LS400.
The following users liked this post:
Benjam1n (06-07-20)
Old 06-06-20, 02:18 PM
Style
Rookie

Originally Posted by xfea
Yup - it's the 14 year old car you drive - draws way too much attention.
Should get rid of it and get a 28 year old LS400.
I really was thinking about it I've had a couple rhd cars in high school I drove a skyline and then a wrx but I figured 2 kids with car seats the ls460 has more space for everyone to be comfortable and safer

I was looking at one of these but seat room is well

http://www.jdmautoimports.com/1995-t...-sale-usa.html
Old 06-07-20, 01:17 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

The LS460L is a special vehicle in my book. I could never find the one I wanted in my area. It looks like a Limo on the road. So much road presence especial with 19 inch wheels. They are pretty rare on the road when I see one it really stands out. Take your compliments while you can and don't arrogant. Good luck with maintain it
Old 06-07-20, 12:25 PM
aabassi
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cant say as I have personally had any such issue, although people do compliment my car occasionally. Then again, in California luxury cars are pretty commonplace. It most likely depends on the area you live in.
Old 06-07-20, 08:00 PM
Nospinzone

Received 423 Likes on 326 Posts

And there you go, it's their issue, not yours. Enjoy the car.
Old 06-08-20, 10:55 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Shows us pics........ and your LS460L also
Old 06-09-20, 10:06 AM
cochiseg
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

probably a combination of age, bad neighborhood, and rare nice car. might also be due to looks/gender... jealousy or maybe they're only potential buyers for your car, looking after it before they offer a nice sum for it LOL
Old 06-09-20, 05:44 PM
Style
Rookie

Originally Posted by cochiseg
probably a combination of age, bad neighborhood, and rare nice car. might also be due to looks/gender... jealousy or maybe they're only potential buyers for your car, looking after it before they offer a nice sum for it LOL
+1 on all of the above, considering I'm all over this city I'd say bad city lol