LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Hit 100k today, here’s what I’ve done so far to the car.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-21, 11:36 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 889 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by sdls
Im leery of adding fuel injection cleaner too often because of the effects it might have on the catcons. Thoughts?
No objections here, I have used on mine because I visually confirmed that the injectors were indeed dirty. I am planning to use it again in 25-30k miles.
The following users liked this post:
sdls (01-15-21)
Old 01-15-21, 06:48 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
congrats, im still around 88 000 miles and ive done my control arms twice, brakes , rotors and soon doing a full suyspension swap

How are you enjoying the OEM spring and strut compared to the air ride?

did you have any rattling or noises after the swap?
no sounds I’m loving the springs I really don’t think I’ll go back to Lexus air. I cannot have any confidence in the design. I may do some other set up but for now this will do, I still need to chance the upper control arm bushings I think, I’ll have them looked at soon. One problem at a time haha.

ive had one drain and fill done, I’ll have another done soon. Lots of other stuff to do , I’ve ordered new foam bottom for drivers seat. I’m deciding what else I want to do with it .
Old 09-02-21, 02:58 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

sent the brown wood steering to be redone in nappa leather. The 2 side pieces I only managed to find in cream but for very cheap so I had them rewrapoed in more durable but same grain eco leather, I’ll swap over the plastic bits once I get them back and the 2 other pieces are for the rear ottoman. The interior is almost complete.

The following 2 users liked this post by jdanielca:
1WILLY1 (09-05-21), miket000 (09-03-21)
Old 09-02-21, 05:58 PM
Nospinzone

Received 423 Likes on 326 Posts

jdanielca, I have to say you have put a lot of time, sweat, tears and money into that car. You have my admiration!
The following 3 users liked this post by Nospinzone:
1WILLY1 (09-05-21), BlazeViper (10-01-21), jdanielca (09-08-21)
Old 09-03-21, 04:24 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 355 Likes on 245 Posts

If I remember, at 100,000 miles in my 07 LS460, all I did was just basically maintenance...tranny pan drop and filter replacement. Oil changes. Brakes. That was about it.

BUT AFTER 100k? Yeah, I did some repairs, but not too too much...

Plugs
blower motor (Christ that was expensive for a blower motor, part was like $325!!)
control arms twice
coolant Change
a couple more drain and fills on the tranny
some winter tires...actually new tires every 25,000 miles! Thing just chewed up tires (I really don’t miss that)
sway bar links and bushings
two wheel bearings front
a few brake flushes

Really not bad^^^BUT then the oil consumption started at around 140,000 miles and progressively got worse until it was drinking a quart every 700 miles. Traded it in at 179,000. Also the brake actuator was making noise at that point and I needed a passenger side mirror (a turkey tried to jump over my car on the highway).

Great car, in all honesty I wish I still had it, and I probably would if it weren’t for the oil consumption. I’d buy another in a heartbeat.
Old 09-03-21, 06:31 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Doublebase
If I remember, at 100,000 miles in my 07 LS460, all I did was just basically maintenance...tranny pan drop and filter replacement. Oil changes. Brakes. That was about it.

BUT AFTER 100k? Yeah, I did some repairs, but not too too much...

Plugs
blower motor (Christ that was expensive for a blower motor, part was like $325!!)
control arms twice
coolant Change
a couple more drain and fills on the tranny
some winter tires...actually new tires every 25,000 miles! Thing just chewed up tires (I really don’t miss that)
sway bar links and bushings
two wheel bearings front
a few brake flushes

Really not bad^^^BUT then the oil consumption started at around 140,000 miles and progressively got worse until it was drinking a quart every 700 miles. Traded it in at 179,000. Also the brake actuator was making noise at that point and I needed a passenger side mirror (a turkey tried to jump over my car on the highway).

Great car, in all honesty I wish I still had it, and I probably would if it weren’t for the oil consumption. I’d buy another in a heartbeat.
There is one for you - https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/new-...374725356.html
Old 09-08-21, 11:23 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Anfanger
people are going to disagree but let’s just say everyone done stop and start city driving that means exteme duty), that means a much shorter oil change interval. Lots of people don’t like changing oil often which is what auto companies pretend to give us at least for the duration of warranty. I would def not put 0w20 in my car now knowing what I know. How oil degrades with the extreme duty strain 0w20 provides no protection . I’m doing 5w40 and changing it at 5000km or 6 months whichever earlier. Hopefully I have no more engine issues. I’m getting it tested and checked over soon again be causer I don’t trust the idiot who put it in.

anyways brown trim conversion done, I’m just left with seat repair and sone external touch ups and ls600 lights.

once this car is done I can think about getting a suv..
Old 10-01-21, 01:04 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

So since I can’t find a replacement table for the moment this would have to do, it’s not a match but it’s close enough, aquaprint then lacquered left to off gas for a few weeks, they will apply polyurethane film and send it back to me.

this would complete the trim swap for the time being. Brown wood soo much better.

Old 10-02-21, 05:37 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

You need to add injector cleaner periodically to a full tank of gas. When I took out my direct injectors, they were very filthy. Though, I have 150k+ on my car. The car was serviced at a Lexus dealership (not impressed) almost whole life.

Direct vs port injection
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...ect-injection/
What part of NH are you from? I had my LS460 serviced (recalls) at the Lexus dealer in Bedford...pretty happy with them. No pressure upsells, nothing.

I drove my LS for five winters in NH and loved that car (despite being RWD). Just put good snows on it and the traction control took care of the rest. I never did an injector cleaning service...plenty of other general maintenance, a few throttle body cleaning and mass air flow sensors cleaning here and there. Oil consumption eventually did me in at 179,000 miles...that, and brake actuator was starting to act up. I’d love to get back into the LS family...currently own a 2016 Avalon...great reliable car, but it’s not LS. That’s for sure.
Old 10-02-21, 05:40 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

I use the same dealership but the car spent majority of the time in NY prior to me purchasing it. So, I can't blame my local dealer though they tried to kill me when they screwed up brakes on my car. The car had to be towed back because it was unsafe to drive.
Doublebase (10-02-21)
Old 10-02-21, 05:51 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

I use the same dealership but the car spent majority of the time in NY prior to me purchasing it. So, I can't blame my local dealer though they tried to kill me when they screwed up brakes on my car. The car had to be towed back because it was unsafe to drive.
i really don’t trust dealers to start with from things I’ve read my experience albeit in a diff country sealed it for me. You can’t trust anyone other than yourself to do it right or if you have something done check it..

it’s a huge pain…. It’s preventing me from getting another vehicle
Old 10-02-21, 06:04 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jdanielca
i really don’t trust dealers to start with from things I’ve read my experience albeit in a diff country sealed it for me. You can’t trust anyone other than yourself to do it right or if you have something done check it..

it’s a huge pain…. It’s preventing me from getting another vehicle
Me neither but it was the time when I was new to the car. I did not know how to do brake fluid flush and I did not want to postpone the service. It was the last time I brought me car to a dealer. I do get parts (if price is right) from the same dealer because the manager at the parts department is a great person to deal with.
jdanielca (10-02-21)
Old 10-02-21, 10:40 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Although I like that dealer, screwing up brakes is totally unacceptable. Years ago I went there to buy some crush washers for the tranny pan drain bolt and the guy at the parts counter said to me...you’re brave, we won’t even do the tranny service here. He alluded to the cost of the tranny and how underfilling it is not something it’ll tolerate. Which is kind of funny because initially I did underfill it, then adjusted it a week later (500 miles). And once I overfilled it (6 months 15,000 miles)...only knew about that one because the pressure forced the transmission fluid out past the gasket...think I overfilled it by a quart. After screwing it up twice I started using a scan tool instead of the DLC jumper wire.
Old 12-20-21, 07:03 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Here is a short video of how the brown wood trim looks, soooooooooo much better compared to the reddish wood. too a while to find all the pieces since i have the 4 seater, Here is a video of the trim plus the refinished steering wheel in nappa leather, the coating I put on here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...d-leather.html did not last i might if I had the luxury of taking it off and doing it properly but I did not so i had it recovered. Napa feels very nice and theres no bloody coating to come off.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_5019.MOV (2.27 MB, 32 views)
BlazeViper (12-21-21)
Old 01-27-22, 07:12 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

And latest addition factory crystal badge without the blue hybrid thingy
miket000 (01-27-22)

Quick Reply: Hit 100k today, here’s what I’ve done so far to the car.