LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Hit 100k today, here’s what I’ve done so far to the car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-20, 01:24 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts
Default Hit 100k today, here’s what I’ve done so far to the car.

So I hit 100k today, I think I bought the car at 70 something K miles July 2018.

Performance wise on the highway I always get not too bad mpg ranging from 8 to 10 L/100km, which is about 29mpg to 22mpg. In the city at start and stop and bad traffic I’m always at 7.8mpg lol which is horrendous. I think there’s something I’m missing that makes this huge difference. I did manage to hit 34mpg at One point on the highway. I’m driving at 100 to 120 kmph. Sometimes 140. , I’ve done 160 I think

the steering rack has been refurbished at my expense.
All 3 safety recalls done, plus all new Direct injection fuel thingys... someone mentioned something about when DI is used and when port injection is used. Maybe it has something to do with that. Maybe I need a software update or remapping.
I’ve swapped out air suspension for stock non air using all original oem parts. I have new front struts, used mounts springs. Rear drivers side mount and struts are new, spring used. Passenger side all used came as a set. I bought the rear used complete but I went to a suspension testing place and the rear drivers side failed so I replaced the mount and strut.
i changed the lower control arm the arm that has 2 bushings, with febest, let’s see how long it lasts. I also bought replacement febest bushings for the big lower control arm. Which is getting done in a few days. I also plan on getting poly urethane bushings for the upper ones. I had the differential fluid changed.

I’m getting the transmission drain and filled, going to drive it a month or so then drop pan drain and fill change filter.

ive had the battery changed, radiator, the starter failed, I had the relay changed, costs about 100 Euros, the place I went to outsourced the repair, they charged 4 hours to take off and install. An hour is about 15 Euros.

upgraded the wheels to 19, from the 600, powder coated,

what else have I done hmmmm.

im looking forward to the transmission service to see if the mpg improves.

Last edited by jdanielca; 08-10-20 at 01:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Boomin (08-11-20)
Old 08-10-20, 01:57 PM
HSVRX350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An hour is about 15 Euros? That's cheap labor...They might just jack your car up and just leave a shell when you pick it up.
Old 08-10-20, 05:41 PM
Nospinzone

Received 418 Likes on 322 Posts

Not only was the labor cheap,but doing the job in only 4 hours is fast.

Overall sounds like the car is doing well for you. I know I've read several of your posts complaining about the quality, or lack thereof, of the roads you have to drive on. They certainly take their toll on a car.
Old 08-11-20, 09:01 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HSVRX350
An hour is about 15 Euros? That's cheap labor...They might just jack your car up and just leave a shell when you pick it up.
that’s not even a cheap place, that’s a arm of a company that deals with high end cars, Merc lAnd rover, jaguar etc. They function like a dealership, paper work proper procedures etc they sake company owns the Suzuki and Skoda dealership I’ve been going to them from day one. They are the premium non dealer place here so yeah labour is cheap
Old 08-11-20, 10:37 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Not only was the labor cheap,but doing the job in only 4 hours is fast.

Overall sounds like the car is doing well for you. I know I've read several of your posts complaining about the quality, or lack thereof, of the roads you have to drive on. They certainly take their toll on a car.
Probably comparable to Chicago roads
Nospinzone (08-11-20)
Old 08-11-20, 05:55 PM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 189 Likes on 148 Posts

Hard to imagine city driving hard enough to get that low of mpg. I have idled the motor for hours and hours parked and never got that low of gas mileage
Old 08-11-20, 06:02 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Caflashbob
Hard to imagine city driving hard enough to get that low of mpg. I have idled the motor for hours and hours parked and never got that low of gas mileage
I've gone below 9mpg in the dead of winter on my very short commute to/from work. To tell you how short the commute is, I went more than two months between tank refills even then.
Old 08-12-20, 04:08 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sdls
I've gone below 9mpg in the dead of winter on my very short commute to/from work. To tell you how short the commute is, I went more than two months between tank refills even then.
that’s because you live in the US. The only way to know if mine is abnormal is to compare with other cars here in the country which I have not gotten the opportunity to do.

it could also be the fuel is not as good, but I use only the top 2 stations and the best fuel they have, so nothing I can do about that. But the highway miles are fine . But someone comment on the 2 diff injector types when they come on and the vvti system maybe knowing how they work exactly would give me a clue for things to check
Old 09-17-20, 08:54 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

When I got the car front and rear bumper paints were not matching the factory, rear bumper was worse. There was some damage and I made some of my own here and some pics

Rear bumper paint mismatch when I got the car

Rear bumper paint mismatch when I got the car Pic 2

Existing damage drivers side edge of bumper near wheel well

Drivers side rocker panel damage 1

My contribution to bumper damage

My contribution to bumper damage

My very latest contribution to bumper damage

All nice and new 220 bucks installed, colour is very close will add more photos later.

New bumper on but dent still not fixed better colour match

New bumper on but dent still not fixed better colour match

Drivers side rocker panel plus some damage on the trim just above it

Last edited by jdanielca; 09-17-20 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-17-20, 09:00 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

All new to me rocker panel and rear door lower trim

Old 09-18-20, 04:45 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 875 Likes on 647 Posts

You need to add injector cleaner periodically to a full tank of gas. When I took out my direct injectors, they were very filthy. Though, I have 150k+ on my car. The car was serviced at a Lexus dealership (not impressed) almost whole life.

Direct vs port injection
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...ect-injection/
jdanielca (09-18-20)
Old 09-18-20, 05:02 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Anfanger
You need to add injector cleaner periodically to a full tank of gas. When I took out my direct injectors, they were very filthy. Though, I have 150k+ on my car. The car was serviced at a Lexus dealership (not impressed) almost whole life.

Direct vs port injection
noted all my injectors were changed courtesy of Lexus 6000 miles ago. But lll remember to buy some techron I guess.
Old 01-13-21, 02:13 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Just an update the febest bushings totally gave out installed in September , I’m testing some local polyurethane once

Btw these did not last either I’m on
the factory updated arms for later years with that metal washer thing next to the bushing.

Last edited by jdanielca; 10-02-21 at 05:52 AM.
sdls (01-15-21)
Old 01-15-21, 04:21 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

congrats, im still around 88 000 miles and ive done my control arms twice, brakes , rotors and soon doing a full suyspension swap

How are you enjoying the OEM spring and strut compared to the air ride?

did you have any rattling or noises after the swap?
Old 01-15-21, 11:22 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Anfanger

Direct vs port injection
Im leery of adding fuel injection cleaner too often because of the effects it might have on the catcons. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Hit 100k today, here’s what I’ve done so far to the car.