LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My own interior revitalisation thread. How I知 redoing my plastic and leather

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-20, 12:37 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts
Default My own interior revitalisation thread. How I知 redoing my plastic and leather

So even if you have the upgraded leather package, the plastic area nearest to the glass and your dash can get sticky apparently. I realised this after I started seeing shiny spots which look like finger marks appearing which do not clean off. The whole dash is shiny, no marks tho and it痴 not very stick but I think it is going to start since the car was exported from the US, I don稚 think I知 covered under ZLZ.

So I am using the stuff I used on my centre console, here I use strong cleaner, i then use adhesion promoter, impregnator which is essentially a layer of vinyl, then use adhesion promoter again and then I use the matte top coat.

here are pics of the plastic near the window glass, before and after and I also steering wheel first round. I知 going to sand it more and redo a bit.

Also check my centre console thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...1-armrest.html

Last edited by jdanielca; 08-16-20 at 01:05 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jdanielca:
dlbuckls10 (08-17-20), tomgarv (03-14-22)
Old 08-17-20, 01:07 AM
ALK
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 108 Posts

Thats why, I am replacing all my interior with the LS 600 full leather interior. It includes the dash and door panels .
Old 08-17-20, 03:47 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ALK
Thats why, I am replacing all my interior with the LS 600 full leather interior. It includes the dash and door panels .
aren稚 the top of the door panels same as mine ? If not take a photo you have found so I can see pls. But if yours is in the same condition as mine this seems to be a permanent fix I started off with the drivers door and it has held up over I don稚 know 2-3 months with no deterioration. Although the 600 leather dash is something to behold I知 not going to spend that kind of money on this car lol, I致e already had to spend lots. Plus I値l take some before and after pics of the dash I知 pretty sure for most people it痴 going to be more than enough of a fix.
Old 08-17-20, 04:09 AM
ALK
Advanced

Originally Posted by jdanielca
aren稚 the top of the door panels same as mine ? If not take a photo you have found so I can see pls. But if yours is in the same condition as mine this seems to be a permanent fix I started off with the drivers door and it has held up over I don稚 know 2-3 months with no deterioration. Although the 600 leather dash is something to behold I知 not going to spend that kind of money on this car lol, I致e already had to spend lots. Plus I値l take some before and after pics of the dash I知 pretty sure for most people it痴 going to be more than enough of a fix.
no , the top part is stitched leather. I was able to source Everything from dash to glove box and door panels. I will post pics when I receive them . I got them from a total- loss ls600 with a minor accident .
Old 08-17-20, 01:44 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ALK
no , the top part is stitched leather. I was able to source Everything from dash to glove box and door panels. I will post pics when I receive them . I got them from a total- loss ls600 with a minor accident .
door panels are easy enough to replace I look forward to photos. I致e seen photos of the leather dash but not door panels, the dash tho is going to be a PITA, but I really wanna see it done I wish you well in your project do post photos
Old 08-17-20, 01:49 PM
ALK
Advanced

Originally Posted by jdanielca
door panels are easy enough to replace I look forward to photos. I致e seen photos of the leather dash but not door panels, the dash tho is going to be a PITA, but I really wanna see it done I wish you well in your project do post photos
Thanks, Once I got everything done , I will make the thread . Since I am removing the dash I will replace all ac servos . And flush the evaporator clean and replacing the mesh seal that seals outside air from the dash .
Old 03-09-22, 05:35 AM
LS460Yeet
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Can I just say jdanielca, your a Clublexus OG. I'm sure many people benefit from your posts so thanks.
The following users liked this post:
jdanielca (03-09-22)